Sharks Sign Cavan Fitzgerald

The Sharks signed Halifax Mooseheads defenseman Cavan Fitzgerald to a three-year, entry-contract. Fitzgerald went undrafted after scoring 31 points in 40 games in the QMJHL last year.

I think this is a good signing in order to provide depth to the organization. He won't suit up for the Sharks or Barracuda this year, at least not until the CHL year is over, but he could play in the AHL next year. At 6'0" 190 lb, Fitzgerald is not a big defender, but could prove to be a high reward signing for the Sharks with practically no risk.

The Sharks signed Halifax Mooseheads defenseman Cavan Fitzgerald to a three-year, entry-contract. Fitzgerald went undrafted after scoring 31 points in 40 games in the QMJHL last year.

I think this is a good signing in order to provide depth to the organization. He won't suit up for the Sharks or Barracuda this year, at least not until the CHL year is over, but he could play in the AHL next year. At 6'0" 190 lb, Fitzgerald is not a big defender, but could prove to be a high reward signing for the Sharks with practically no risk.

jeez. I heard he was sent home from the camp early so I figured no chance.

As a Moosehead, he was ok I guess. I was higher on Konrad Applesaucer :P But look how that turned out

jeez. I heard he was sent home from the camp early so I figured no chance.

As a Moosehead, he was ok I guess. I was higher on Konrad Applesaucer :P But look how that turned out

Sounds like Timo Meier was crucial in getting Fitzgerald to camp. The Sharks asked Meier to contact him on their behalf.

Sounds like Fitzgerald was originally invited to the prospect camp, but not the NHL camp. Obviously the Sharks see potential, but they weren't ready to commit him a spot on the NHL roster (probably for good reason).

Sounds like Timo Meier was crucial in getting Fitzgerald to camp. The Sharks asked Meier to contact him on their behalf.

Sounds like Fitzgerald was originally invited to the prospect camp, but not the NHL camp. Obviously the Sharks see potential, but they weren't ready to commit him a spot on the NHL roster (probably for good reason).

Well, definitely. On the big club, we have enough depth that one of our top 4 last year, Mueller, is playing in the AHL this season hehe. how often have we been able to say that?

On another Note, Jeremy Roy has 11 points in 6 games so far for the Phoenix. Meier is sitting out with an injury for the Moose.

Archived