Game 1: Sharks at Kings

I had the privilege of watching the whole Sharks game tonight, and boy, it was a good one. The Sharks controlled the tempo throughout the game, and shut down the Kings in the neutral zone. The Sharks blocked dozens of shots, and limited the Kings to just one goal on 20 shots. Martin Jones looked as good as advertised, making 19 saves. He made a beautiful, cross-ice save at the end of the second period. The top line of Pavelski, Thornton, and rookie Donskoi looked great today, with each player scoring a goal. Burns and Martin look like a good pair together on the backend.

Congrats to Joonas Donskoi on his first career NHL point and goal.

Joe Pavelski was the first star with 3 points, and looked like a man on a mission with the C on his chest. Hopefully a sign of good things to come!

I had the privilege of watching the whole Sharks game tonight, and boy, it was a good one. The Sharks controlled the tempo throughout the game, and shut down the Kings in the neutral zone. The Sharks blocked dozens of shots, and limited the Kings to just one goal on 20 shots. Martin Jones looked as good as advertised, making 19 saves. He made a beautiful, cross-ice save at the end of the second period. The top line of Pavelski, Thornton, and rookie Donskoi looked great today, with each player scoring a goal. Burns and Martin look like a good pair together on the backend.

Congrats to Joonas Donskoi on his first career NHL point and goal.

Joe Pavelski was the first star with 3 points, and looked like a man on a mission with the C on his chest. Hopefully a sign of good things to come!

Was a bit worried after they went up 1-0 quickly. But Jones had no chance on that redirect and he was cool as a cucumber the whole game :) his robbing Lucic/Toffoli was epic :)

Marleau was robbed early on. Thornton had a 3 on 1 and actually sniped instead of passing. I was shocked haha. So was Quick as he obviously expected a pass and was cheating in favor of the pass and ended up standing still when Joe shot

Pavs was on fire. Burns too!

Was nice seeing Deboer let Dmen make outlet passes instead of just chipping it along the boards. Vlasic looked motivated offensively.

Oh, and Lucic is going to Lucic. Should fit right in with the kings.

NecessaryImperturbableIlsamochadegu.gif

loved Couture's reaction though. He was just laughing the whole time. Completely clean hit. But Lucic was surprised and mad and decided a running forearm shiv was the way to go.

After the game, Lucic complained that he did not understand why he got a penalty as he did not cross any lines. Couture of course commented "I didn't know there were players we are not allowed to hit? lol"

Given Couture's nose was already busted open from Brown's dirty headbutt first check earlier

@teenagemutantninjahertl

@J0e Th0rnton

A dominant game by the Sharks.  The team was more ready to play than the Kings by winning many puck battles and moving the puck up the ice with speed.  For game 1 any way the team looks like they are on a mission to stay at the top in the Western Conference against their biggest rival.  

10 min of PIM for my one of my fhl teams- can't complain about that  ;)

@teenagemutantninjahertl

@J0e Th0rnton

A dominant game by the Sharks.  The team was more ready to play than the Kings by winning many puck battles and moving the puck up the ice with speed.  For game 1 any way the team looks like they are on a mission to stay at the top in the Western Conference against their biggest rival.  

10 min of PIM for my one of my fhl teams- can't complain about that  ;)

heh

Pavelski Cleaned up for me. Unfortunately, Quick is one of my goalies and he let in 5 goals lol. I am amazed he ended up with 0.4 for the game instead of a minus score.

But yeah, I have Lucic for my work pool and 10 PIM's are 10 PIM's.

I just realized you are I are heads up the first week the keeper league. Jones offset the brutal loss Ramo had  for your team lol.

McJesus plays his first NHL game tonight!

I hate Dustin Brown so much. Not only did he headbutt Couture, he dove so hard to give Mike Brown an interference call. The two Browns skated next to each other and Dustin just fell down like a mighty mite and they called Mike on it.

Dustin Brown is way overpaid for the points he produces, and he won't own up for his dirty play. I have no idea how he was named team captain, but I wouldn't want the guy on my team.

I hate Dustin Brown so much. Not only did he headbutt Couture, he dove so hard to give Mike Brown an interference call. The two Browns skated next to each other and Dustin just fell down like a mighty mite and they called Mike on it.

Dustin Brown is way overpaid for the points he produces, and he won't own up for his dirty play. I have no idea how he was named team captain, but I wouldn't want the guy on my team.

I hated the headbutt too. But can't mention diving Brown while defending Couture lol. Couture is the Sharks WORST diver.

If Anything, I hate Brown for his knee on knee to Hertl during his rookie season.

• 2 months later...

Archived