The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

DAMNIT

Elliott AND Dubnyk out now. Both my damn goalies.

Ouch... does not look like Dubnyk's injury is serious... per this report, but it does suck for you this week.

Darcy Kuemper will start Friday against Washington with Dubnyk scratched for what coach John Torchetti is calling "just a little maintenance," the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.
Spin:
Kuemper likely would have started anyway in the second of back-to-back games with Dubnyk playing Thursday. Dubnyk appeared to hurt his left leg in a collision in Thursday's game and Torchetti said his maintenance day was due to the incident. Torchetti said Dubnyk's issue is not considered serious. Niklas Backstrom will be the backup goalie with Dubnuk out.

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

AND Carlson??? WTF

I have him on 2 teams :(

double ouch...sorry bud.....  I've been in your shoes, but this is getting near playoff time and every point as you know matters.

Carlson will not play in Friday's game against the Wild due to a lower-body injury.
Spin:
It's unclear exactly when Carlson's injury occurred, but he'll be re-evaluated again Saturday. In his absence, Taylor Chorney will draw into the Capitals lineup, but he provides much less offensive upside than Carlson (31 points in 47 games) and probably doesn't figure to see any power play time. Expect another update on the blueliner following his evaluation Saturday, which may provide a bit more clarity on his status for Sunday's contest against the Blackhawks.

Sigh....looks like I am headed for another loss this week...will be the second in a row.

Locked up against the number one team in Bantam (he's got a flippin all star team for crying out loud) and I am not having a bad week per se, just not good enough to pull out the win.

Entering today, down by 20, and I have not only had Zach Parise out for a couple games this week, but had Anze Kopitar as DTD (I sat him due to that), have gotten almost NOTHING from Lehner, Coyle and Spurgeon this week, and Braden Holtby (if current score in Chicago holds) will lose his 2nd game this week for me.

On the bright side, Filip Forsberg had not only one, but TWO hat tricks for me this week, Ryan Callahan and David Krecji had a respectable weeks, and guys like Stralman and Neal were at the very least, 'plus' players with some minor contributions on offense.

Still though, just doesn't look like it will be enough for a win.

Still have some games to go yet (as I finish this post, my deficit is now 25), so maybe some of my players will surprise me. Parise is expected back today against Florida, and I will have Stralman and Callahan skating against Krejci and his Bruins, with Ryan Kesler going against the Kings in the night game.

I need at least two of those players to have HUGE games, while the others put in their regular amounts for me to even have a chance...

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Well I tried to take down Dumpster Fire but to no avail.  I am just trying to make the playoffs. I am currently in 7th seed, but who know where I will be after this week.   I really can't complain about the Bantam League, I am making the best of what I got.  My last 2 games are against Team Gordon and Leafs Nation.  Counting this week as a loss, if I win the last 2 matches, I can end the season at 11-11.    :goodjob: Not too bad considering I inherited a 2-7 team. 

However in good news, I am up by 40 in the All Star League.  This will keep me as the 4th seed should the playoffs start today. I finish the league with 2 weaker teams and hopefully should end the season with a 14-7-1 record and depending on how the teams above me do, maybe I can even eek into the #2 seed.  (#1 seed is now out of reach).  All I want to do is win the 1st game in the playoffs because then that will guarantee me a top 4 finish and secures my spot in the All Star League for next year.

@pilldoc

Wow...did I say I was headed for a loss??

I went from a -25 to a +4....Ryan Callahan and Anton Stralman with big, big games so far against the Bruins...and all without hurting Krecji's points whom I have on the other side!

The win isn't mine just yet (Bambi has Frederik Andersen going later on), but man, I like where I am at now as opposed to just a couple hours ago!!

I'll have Ryan Kesler to try to match Andersen's performance....they are on the same team, which will be tricky. My hope is, Kesler has a good game, while the Kings find a way to still beat Andersen....

Business just picked up......:hyper:

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26

I just picked up Callahan last week in the All Star League. :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys: I will lose this week to Dumpster, but I still have 2 more weeks. I'm not going down without a fight.

If Cally gets one more goal in the 3rd, he'll have a hat trick.

Do you remember off the top of your head, how many points a hat trick is worth in Bantam?

EDIT: Nevermind...I forgot...you left me with league manager privileges...so I looked into how the scoring was set up.. 2 extra points for the hattie!  :ahappy:

Still fighting the good fight against relegation. Currently sitting at the #7 seed and in the playoffs, but I really have to win this week against Aziz, because HF will be a tough out.

In my other league, scrabbling to make the playoffs, currently seeded #7 out of 6. Fortunately, one of the guys ahead of me has head to heads against two of the others, and all three have the same record as me, so as long as I win this week, I will jump into the bracket. But there are still two games after this week, one against the top team, and another against someone nipping my heels. Fun note: This week, my opponent benched Ryan Callahan - who outscored all six of the forwards he dressed - combined. I had Forsberg dressed, who outscored Callahan. Gave me a good boost going into the last day.

@J0e Th0rnton  @pilldoc

Well, well....i managed to slay the "mighty" Bambi after all (thanks to TWO hat tricks by Filip Forsberg during the week and tremendous games by both Ryan Callahan and Anton Stralman yesterday).

I have officially been eliminated from being able to grab the top spot with only two weeks left, but I DID clinch a playoff berth that sees me dropping no lower than 5th (my current positions), and can still reach as high as 2nd or 3rd seed.

Here are the updated Bantam standings (yours truly, being the Green Star Blades):

56d4b120876c7_BantamStandings.thumb.JPG.

As you can see, a very solid division between the upper half and lower half playoff bound teams...with just you, Doc, sitting below the entry line.

Teams in the gray area are eliminated (whether mathematically or realistically), so one of the 9-11 teams won't be getting in.

Big props to Team Wallin (TeenageMutantNinjaHertl), as he has come out of nowhere and has a chance to grab the top spot if Bambi falters some more and he wins his last two......i AM matched up against him the final week, so I get a chance to play spoiler to him....hehe.

Truth is, right now, I have eyes on the playoffs and potential match ups.........Go Blades GO! :CelebratingSmiley2:

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Like I have said all along, my goal was just to make the playoffs.  I face Team Gordon (9-11) this week which should be win for me.  Meanwhile Leafs Nation (9-11) is against Anisimov also (9-11).  Leaf's nation has been on a hot streak.  The final week Team Gordon goes against Head Amputatators, Bambi goes against Anisimov and I have Leafs nation.

So.... I am hoping for Anisimov to lose 2 in a row (very likely) and as long as I get 1 win. then I should be in the playoffs.  I hold my own destiny.  Win 2 and I will be in.  If I do, then I would end 11-11 for the year and 9-4 since taking over for Zz..  Once in, obviously I will be a low seed and I will be looking for the upset! :drool:

Anyway, I have to get by Team Gordon first.  Congrats on a great win and in doing so taking down Bambi. :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys::goodjob:

ERRRRRR ...I just found out Mrazek is now DTD.. :hocky:    Can any of my GD goalies stay healthy!!!!!  :mad:  So on the last minute transaction before rosters are locked I quickly picked up Condon.  He has been on a mini hot streak.  Why not??  Did not have time to really research another goalie........

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

ERRRRRR ...I just found out Mrazek is now DTD.. :hocky:    Can any of my GD goalies stay healthy!!!!!  :mad:  So on the last minute transaction before rosters are locked I quickly picked up Condon.  He has been on a mini hot streak.  Why not??  Did not have time to really research another goalie........

Ummm Condon plays the Sharks tonight dude. And they just picked up Mike Brown from us on waivers and are dressing him tonight. He takes multiple stupid penalties a game if he gets more than 4 minutes of icetime and we are one of the best PP teams in the league.

Then the habs play Anaheim, who is hotter than any team in the league. Then LA, who is ahead of Anaheim in the standings.

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

4 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Ummm Condon plays the Sharks tonight dude. And they just picked up Mike Brown from us on waivers and are dressing him tonight. He takes multiple stupid penalties a game if he gets more than 4 minutes of icetime and we are one of the best PP teams in the league.

Then the habs play Anaheim, who is hotter than any team in the league. Then LA, who is ahead of Anaheim in the standings.

Yeah, I went with Howard over in NAHANA

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

yeah...like i said....i had no time to really look,  It really was snatch and grab before the lineups where gonna lock.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope and pray for the best,

10 hours ago, pilldoc said:

yeah...like i said....i had no time to really look,  It really was snatch and grab before the lineups where gonna lock.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope and pray for the best,

I woke up to tweets on how Thornton can pass Perreault and Turgeon on the all time point list with 11 more points this season and assumed the game was a blowout. He also just passed Al MacInnis on the all time assist chart for 15th all time and is just behind Recchi if he can get 12 more assists in the next 20 games(I'd take that bet)

In today's day and age, it is incredible. If he had played in the wide open 80's and early 90's, it's likely he is just Behind Jagr at 5th all time

@J0e Th0rnton

Good Morning Joe,

Well I see the Condon exoeriment did not go so well. (show me your shocked face:P)  Had I had time to really thoroughly look last night before the line-ups got locked, I would have noticed that Howard was available in the Bantam League. And of course he gets the win last night. (SMH)  So I promptly dropped Condon, (I know too late for this week, and picked up Howard.)

Also one of these days I should really go with my gut instict.  I benched Kunitz in favor of Killhorn. (Kunitz has just been meh the past couple of games and Killhorn along with Callahan and Stamkos have been lighting it up recently.) Yeah ...that back fired on me too last night.  Killhorn has a paltry 0.2 points while Kunitz clocksin at 10 while the Pens thoroughly dismantle the Yotes.  So I left 15 points on the bench.  So instead of being up by about 30 points, I'm only up by 15. ERRRR (pounding head against the wall.)  I tend to outhink myself and it gets me into trouble.  Anyway....have a great day.

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

How...How did I forget to swap out Voracek? Thankfully, I have B. Schenn and Hornqvist, who had huge Mondays.

I have both of them in my work league :) Along with 2 other guys, they helped me light up Monday.

The next day, smacktalk was flooded with "How the hell did you get 4 game winning goals with only 6 players last night? The odds of that happening are ridiculously low!"

LOL. 4 game winning goals in one night. 2 is usually good enough to win that category for the whole week

@yave1964

Team did good in a must win matchup this week. 190-107 so 99.9% I got this week.

Whiskey sticks in the same boat and locks in his playoff spot this week.

Inside edge leads by 30 points vs Polaris is interesting. Polaris has like his whole team playing tonight while inside edge has only 2 players. Could keep that last spot alive.

HF and JR have the top 2 spots locked down. Comes to a 3 way battle for spots between Yave, Doc and myself if Doc loses the week. Doc has 3 guys day to day. Yikes.

If doc pulls it off today, Yave and I are guaranteed to face off in the first round. Icing on the cake is, we also face off next week right before the playoffs for home ice advantage/He who plays the top teams last lol.

In NAHANA, Yave and I are also facing off. I was a bit coy trapping GAA, Save% and Losses by giving up on wins and saves and benching my goalies. If Yave does not get a SO tonight, ill take 4 of 6 goalie cats. I have the guns tonight to take the scoring cats too. 8 players vs 5, with most of my strongest scorers in play vs Yave's weakest scorers.

Mind you I have no hope in hell of making the NAHANA playoffs due to the first 10 weeks of the season short of going a perfect 30-0 in the next 2 weeks while everyone above me have bad weeks, but my new team can hang with the best of em! and I can fight to make the playoff race tight for everyone mwahaha.

Tight playoff race really helped it become a sellers market before the deadline. Snagged me and extra 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for next year and shows me the core of my team is strong, still winning despite trading a lot of strong scorers for picks

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

@yave1964

Team did good in a must win matchup this week. 190-107 so 99.9% I got this week.

Whiskey sticks in the same boat and locks in his playoff spot this week.

Inside edge leads by 30 points vs Polaris is interesting. Polaris has like his whole team playing tonight while inside edge has only 2 players. Could keep that last spot alive.

HF and JR have the top 2 spots locked down. Comes to a 3 way battle for spots between Yave, Doc and myself if Doc loses the week. Doc has 3 guys day to day. Yikes.

If doc pulls it off today, Yave and I are guaranteed to face off in the first round. Icing on the cake is, we also face off next week right before the playoffs for home ice advantage/He who plays the top teams last lol.

In NAHANA, Yave and I are also facing off. I was a bit coy trapping GAA, Save% and Losses by giving up on wins and saves and benching my goalies. If Yave does not get a SO tonight, ill take 4 of 6 goalie cats. I have the guns tonight to take the scoring cats too. 8 players vs 5, with most of my strongest scorers in play vs Yave's weakest scorers.

Mind you I have no hope in hell of making the NAHANA playoffs due to the first 10 weeks of the season short of going a perfect 30-0 in the next 2 weeks while everyone above me have bad weeks, but my new team can hang with the best of em! and I can fight to make the playoff race tight for everyone mwahaha.

Tight playoff race really helped it become a sellers market before the deadline. Snagged me and extra 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for next year and shows me the core of my team is strong, still winning despite trading a lot of strong scorers for picks

Actually if you and I both win, spots 3,4 and 5 are still open regardless of how Doc does. real cool race between the three of us for the third spot. I lost last week late Sunday or it would be a bit different.

Good week for you in Nahana, I feel I have a deep and solid team but it is not getting it done right now. Losing the 50-60 faceoffs that O'Reilly gets every week hurts a lot, losing Faulk and his PPP is painful as well.  They are likely two of my keepers for next season and I needed them to come up big. Anderson too, but Hammond did get me a win last night. I need a win from Hammond and big games from my forwards point wise to get a break even week which would still be frustrating but acceptable.

In Philly I am destroying my opponent, he will not have 4 goalie starts and the only two cats he is beating me in are goalie cats, so I am looking at beating him 18-0 which if it holds up will be my first 'shutout' in a couple of years. Third year in the league, three straight Presidents trophies, one cup so far and hopefully this year as well.  Plus the added bonus of breaking HF's all time regular season winning pct. Wrapping that up with a win this week. I have O'Reilly, Lundqvist and Carlson all on IR, only one week left in the regular season and then a first round bye, need everyone to come back for the postseason, if so, I think I will defend my crown.....

Well, I was really concerned about how my offense stacked up against @hf101 , in particular, in NAHANA, so I traded from goaltending strength to improve the offense.  But now, I turned a strength into what I think is a glaring weakness.

I'm telling you, if I don't accidentally back into 2nd place in the regular season (and, therefore, don't get a first round bye), I don't see the Crips finishing higher than 5th (6th without a little luck).

I'm getting pounded in goal this week by HF--who really is doing goaltending with smoke and mirrors all season--and dropped way too many goal categories against @J0e Th0rnton (no offense, J0e, but even you commented similarly at the time).   Grrr.

Archived