The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

3 minutes ago, Ladyneat said:

I don't know your team always seems to show up when you play against me.

Good luck this week, LN!  I've actually been cheering for your team (despite REALLY not wanting to play against it).   So this will be weird.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, yave1964 said:

3 leagues, in the finals for two of them and the other a very off year but still snuck into the playoffs (and bounced early). Some great players in these leagues, very satisfied to be where I am.

I am a bit embarassed that I went to bed thinking I lost in my work league by 1 category only to wake up and find out that due to a stat correction giving OEL a GWG, that I won and I am now in the finals.

However, the finals is me Vs my friend Mike, who earlier in the season, I made the big Karlsson for Burns trade with. Should be epic.

Thus far in the playoffs,

Karlsson is: 2 goals, 4 assists, +3, 0 PPP, 2 PIM's, 1 GWG, 20 SOG,

Burns is 1 goal, 4 assists, -3, 3 PPP, 2 PIM's, 0 GWG, 36 SOG

Epic way to gauge the trade. Facing off in the finals. Making matters more fun, Carlson is back from injury, and Burns' RW eligibility allows me to ice an extra skater 1 day this week by putting him on RW.

Being in the finals against you is also going to be epic, as we had the next biggest trade in the All star league. Quick + Kesler for Backstrom + Gibson. A trade I feel I lost BADLY at this point. Sadly, due to the murky picture Anaheim is displaying regarding who is starting goalie, I am feeling the need to bench Gibson in lieu of Smith, who has been red hot.

NAHANA, well, my season could not have gone better given my true objective being loading up next season!

Good luck Yave. May the force be with you and all that. I hope to channel the power of the darkside into a win. We can all laugh at me benching Carter and Galchenyuk for Hagelin and Glendening simply due to them playing 4 games to 3. In fact, as I type this, I am putting Carter back on in Glendening's place. I just can't bench one of my best players in the finals for a single game. If he explodes in one of the games, ill regret it for a year.

I am constantly struggling over Rakell, Hagelin and McGinn for those LW spots. McGinn has seen some frequency on Getz/Perry's line the past few days, but Rakell takes faceoffs.

In the Bantam Finals!

Me vs The Bambi...hopefully, my hot players stay that way, and those who contributed to the minimum, find their game this week.

Time for me to get my 2002 Ford Explorer, chase him down, and give him that 'deer in headlights' look.... hehehe.

Deer in Headlights.jpg

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

In the Bantam Finals!

Me vs The Bambi...hopefully, my hot players stay that way, and those who contributed to the minimum, find their game this week.

Time for me to get my 2002 Ford Explorer, chase him down, and give him that 'deer in headlights' look.... hehehe.

Congratz!

You must be busy lately. I expected more crowing earlier lol

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Congratz!

You must be busy lately. I expected more crowing earlier lol

Thanks!

And yea...my boys both have Spring Break, but they go to different schools, one private, the other Minneapolis school system, so the breaks are staggered.

Amazing how much more work there is to do at home during a 'school break', lol.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I am a bit embarassed that I went to bed thinking I lost in my work league by 1 category only to wake up and find out that due to a stat correction giving OEL a GWG, that I won and I am now in the finals.

However, the finals is me Vs my friend Mike, who earlier in the season, I made the big Karlsson for Burns trade with. Should be epic.

Thus far in the playoffs,

Karlsson is: 2 goals, 4 assists, +3, 0 PPP, 2 PIM's, 1 GWG, 20 SOG,

Burns is 1 goal, 4 assists, -3, 3 PPP, 2 PIM's, 0 GWG, 36 SOG

Epic way to gauge the trade. Facing off in the finals. Making matters more fun, Carlson is back from injury, and Burns' RW eligibility allows me to ice an extra skater 1 day this week by putting him on RW.

Being in the finals against you is also going to be epic, as we had the next biggest trade in the All star league. Quick + Kesler for Backstrom + Gibson. A trade I feel I lost BADLY at this point. Sadly, due to the murky picture Anaheim is displaying regarding who is starting goalie, I am feeling the need to bench Gibson in lieu of Smith, who has been red hot.

NAHANA, well, my season could not have gone better given my true objective being loading up next season!

Good luck Yave. May the force be with you and all that. I hope to channel the power of the darkside into a win. We can all laugh at me benching Carter and Galchenyuk for Hagelin and Glendening simply due to them playing 4 games to 3. In fact, as I type this, I am putting Carter back on in Glendening's place. I just can't bench one of my best players in the finals for a single game. If he explodes in one of the games, ill regret it for a year.

I am constantly struggling over Rakell, Hagelin and McGinn for those LW spots. McGinn has seen some frequency on Getz/Perry's line the past few days, but Rakell takes faceoffs.

I ended up cutting Zuccarello and Yandle because they have only 2 games this week. Both were very solid for me down the stretch, especialy Zuccarello after Nash went down. I am going with as many players with 4 starts as possible.

Agreed, starting Smith over Gibson was kind of a no brainer for this week. That said, Arizona is playing out the string and Anaheim is still jockeying for position and Anderssen has been awful down the stretch and has never done much to earn Boudreau's faith. Tough gutsy call on your part but I would have made it as well.

It was a tough trade, dealing Backstrom and Gibson for Kesler and Quick but after losing Price I was bleeding badly at the 2G spot behind Fleury. The trade corresponded with my team getting hot and making a push. Not looking forward to playing Backstrom who has four starts this week.

Good luck!

In the finals of Philly.com I am facing HF and it should be a good matchup. HF has a clear advantage in goalie starts but I am hoping to make up for it in the four categories that I owned all year over most everyone, shots/hits/faceoffs and blocks. If I can win three of those four as well as PIMs I should be able to hang in there and make it interesting. If not, well, it was a fun run.

Good luck to HF as well!

And in Nahana I am sticking with it that Rux has the team to beat.

38 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I ended up cutting Zuccarello and Yandle because they have only 2 games this week. Both were very solid for me down the stretch, especialy Zuccarello after Nash went down. I am going with as many players with 4 starts as possible.

Agreed, starting Smith over Gibson was kind of a no brainer for this week. That said, Arizona is playing out the string and Anaheim is still jockeying for position and Anderssen has been awful down the stretch and has never done much to earn Boudreau's faith. Tough gutsy call on your part but I would have made it as well.

It was a tough trade, dealing Backstrom and Gibson for Kesler and Quick but after losing Price I was bleeding badly at the 2G spot behind Fleury. The trade corresponded with my team getting hot and making a push. Not looking forward to playing Backstrom who has four starts this week.

Good luck!

In the finals of Philly.com I am facing HF and it should be a good matchup. HF has a clear advantage in goalie starts but I am hoping to make up for it in the four categories that I owned all year over most everyone, shots/hits/faceoffs and blocks. If I can win three of those four as well as PIMs I should be able to hang in there and make it interesting. If not, well, it was a fun run.

Good luck to HF as well!

And in Nahana I am sticking with it that Rux has the team to beat.

Same. Smith and Carter are the only 2 on my team with 3 games. Everyone else I shot for the 4. Smith almost does not count since goalies rarely play the 2nd game of a back to back anyways, so if he had 4 starts, it would round out to 3 in all likelyhood.

I almost benched Carter. He and Pavelski have easily been my team MVP's, so we will see!

I snatched Steen and tucked him away when Jammer dropped him several weeks ago just in case he was back in time.   He plays tomorrow.

I'm not sure, though, who to move out to get him to play.   Going to have to either drop Doan or someone else to slide him back in, as well.  Decisions, decisions.    Production-wise, Kadri or Nielson would be fairly obvious except that I'm barely holding my own in FW.   If Metadeke wins against HF I might as well just give up on the FW category; I'm not going to win that anyway.

Ah, screw it.  I don't think I win that category against HF, either.

On 2/14/2016 at 0:09 PM, pilldoc said:

I saw that too....kind of curious on your thought process?

Gripe. Arizona played Dominigue instead of Smith, and my benched Gibson got 9.4 points in a win.

2 other guys on my bench also combined for 12.5 points but it is too early to tell if I blundered lol

Despite that, got a small 14 point lead on yave. let's keep building that lead boys!

Crow:

Although only 2 days are in the books of the 7 day Bantam Finals week, I have a nice lead to work with against my FHL opponent.

67.3 - 21.3 entering tonight.

I have numbers in terms of games played this week on my side (except on Friday), my team is healthy, and my guys are playing well!

Heck...I even got a WIN out of Toronto's Jonathan Bernier yesterday, good for 9.4 points. Can anyone say "Bonus!" from getting a win out of a Leaf netminder? I can! :ahappy:

Yea, yea... 5 more days to go and I am fully aware the Bambi has players that can suddenly explode for points, but I will put trust in my research prior to this week and feel real good about being able to finish the job with the guys I have put together...........uh huh, even with a Leaf netminder as my number 2!

Welp. Just dropped Duncan Keith in my work league. He is definitely getting suspended.

On the bright side, I am going to pick up Niedereiter, who plays 3 more games and takes more SOG and I just browsed Left wing lock to figure out which days/Teams best fit my holes on each day, and I needed a RW on Thursday(Just moving Johansen to C this day)/Friday/Sunday.

I was hoping to save my last 2 moves for hail mary moves for Sunday, but at least this gets me an extra mangame from a guy scoring a lot of goals.

Bogosian is benched Saturday so his last game for me will be Thursday. Ill drop him for a Dman who plays Friday and Sunday and get 5 games out of his slot. Teams I can get a waiver Dman from are Anaheim, Boston, Chicago, Colorado, Minnesota, Stlouis, and Winnipeg.

I might make a list today and ask for assistance with my waiver choice. It will be my 4th of 4 moves for the week.

Currently, the Statline looks like:

Harbourfront%20Finals%20copy2.jpg

I was all happy when I saw Keith pick up 10PIM's last night.

More happy when I saw Luongo and Mrazek crapping the bed for his team after Bishop and Jones had a terrific Monday night. I am debating playing Bishop vs Montreal and Jones vs Vancouver and benching them the rest of the week to maintain the sv% and GAA. Shutouts are so rare that 1 usually wins the week.

But we will see how his goalies do the next few nights and if I maintain or widen the lead. Goals, +/-, PIM's and GWG could still go either way. Assists I am pretty far ahead on, same with PPP, but it could swing. Watching it like a hawk lol.

In the all Star league, I have built a small 31 point lead over Yave. I call that small because last matchup in the Semi's vs AJ, Yave had a 75.6 point Saturday and 19.3 point Sunday. 95 points in 2 days. Scares me. No lead is safe

All I want to know is, what the hell did Anaheim do with their goalies last night? I see a 3-0 score with no points for Anderson. He's not playing, fine. Then I get my e-mail this morning to see that I dropped 2.6 points because they apparently put him in in the second period, he lets in three goals on 8 shots, and they put Gibson back in. WTH?

Having hot players continue to perform on the week you'd really like them to                                               = Worth several points

Having your entire team healthy and knowing you made the right decisions on who to sit and who to play = Worth many more points

Picking up Shea Theodore before anyone realized he was recalled...then have him perform lights out in fantasy to go along with said hot players = PRICELESS! :cool[1]:

Day 3 of the Bantam Finals:

(#3) Green Star Blades - 104.6

(#1) Bambi on THIN Ice-   27.4

Burns vs Karlsson in the finals. Burns 1 goals 5 assists, -1 and 2 PIM's with 12 SOG. Karlson 1 goal, 1 assist, +2 and 5 SOG

That trade looks terrific for me in hindsight unless Karlsson kills it the next game.

Dude is catching up with me in some scoring categories, but I am still pretty far ahead in a lot of others

7 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Playing Smith over Gibson is my blunder of the week it seems. I should have known to play a guy Yave traded to me against him

Just trying to stat close to you, you built a HUGE lead the first couple of days. A win by the flower and a shutout by Quick helped get me mostly back in it, but you still have a double digit lead.

Playing HF in the Philly.com league for the second year in a row in the finals, my goaltending has been awful. Last week: 6 starts, 5 wins sub2.00 goals against, sold save pct. This week HF has many more starts than I do, and has the hot goalies while mine have went ice cold. Still close but I think this year I am gonna be the bridesmaid in both leagues unless something turns quick......

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Burns vs Karlsson in the finals. Burns 1 goals 5 assists, -1 and 2 PIM's with 12 SOG. Karlson 1 goal, 1 assist, +2 and 5 SOG

Having both of them is the way to go.   :cool[1]:

28 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Just trying to stat close to you, you built a HUGE lead the first couple of days. A win by the flower and a shutout by Quick helped get me mostly back in it, but you still have a double digit lead.

Playing HF in the Philly.com league for the second year in a row in the finals, my goaltending has been awful. Last week: 6 starts, 5 wins sub2.00 goals against, sold save pct. This week HF has many more starts than I do, and has the hot goalies while mine have went ice cold. Still close but I think this year I am gonna be the bridesmaid in both leagues unless something turns quick......

Double digit certainly sounds better than saying 11 point lead lol. 

It's a single hot goalie night.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I'm lucky I'm still in this somehow I got distracted on Wed morning and I didn't set this league's roster.  All day I didn't think about it and I went directly to the game from work.  Having such a great time at the game with my oldest daughter I come home to seeing the fate of my team's efforts on the bench.  I lost some valuable peripheral and scoring stats, including Holtby's good stats. :mad:   I'm a bit annoyed with myself and I'll be lucky to win this even though somehow right now I have a slight lead.  

I did set my NAHANA team on wed and I'm in a tie with Metadeke at 6-6.  And of course, the HF.net league which I don't need to be concerned if I set a roster every day...:blushing:

I have a slight lead vs AJ.   

Archived