The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@radoran

ha!  that's awesome.

i like that you are a gwar fan.  i'm in richmond, va, went to VCU, where they started their thing...though they were a few years out by the time i got there.  don't actually hang out with that crew, but several of my friends, do.  always a kick to see rva's only stars show up on this board.

So are the leagues that are on this site always using ESPN?

Nah. The Keeper league is using Yahoo. Last year for the one year leaguesx2 we used CBS as I mentioned earlier, which I hated lol.

This is the first ESPN year, and so far, my only annoyance is they have given dual eligibility to a few players so far, but NOT Pavelski. Pavelski is listed as a C, but has not played more than 5 games as C in 3+ years

Nah. The Keeper league is using Yahoo. Last year for the one year leaguesx2 we used CBS as I mentioned earlier, which I hated lol.

This is the first ESPN year, and so far, my only annoyance is they have given dual eligibility to a few players so far, but NOT Pavelski. Pavelski is listed as a C, but has not played more than 5 games as C in 3+ years

I noticed that as well. Like Buff is listed as defense and right wing.

GODDAMNIT.

I benched Fisher for Bjugstad, thinking jughead has been getting a few more points(Fisher has none), but Fisher has been getting more faceoff wins and keeping a close pace.

Now I see they moved Fisher to Forsberg/Smith on the top line in the morning skate and think.....................

Fisher scores his first goal of the season quickly.

GODDAMNIT.

I benched Fisher for Bjugstad, thinking jughead has been getting a few more points(Fisher has none), but Fisher has been getting more faceoff wins and keeping a close pace.

Now I see they moved Fisher to Forsberg/Smith on the top line in the morning skate and think.....................

Fisher scores his first goal of the season quickly.

That always seems to happen. Hope you can make up the points today with another player.

My gripe is that I don't want to drop anybody to bring Mason off IR+

And I can't make any other moves until I do.

I am aware these two things are somewhat contradictory :)

I could just run with the Ottawa goaltending through mid-January when they have a week with just two games, I guess...

@aziz

Good trade for both of us, IMHO. I agree Z cannot possibly keep his current pace, who on Earth can? But 65-70 points if staying healthy is very realistic, playing on the top PP and contributing in numerous cats.

Duchene IMHO is due for a big bounce back season. Paddy Roy has stated that he wants his Avalanche to push the puck and score more this season. With Stastny and O'Reilly gone over the past two years I see Duchene with 65 points and faceoffs and power play points.

Giroux, whew I hated giving him up but in my opinion I traded for need and got what my team needed. I had another owner PM me kind of whining that I didn't throw it out to everyone and start a bidding war on Giroux, but the owner in question seems to always want to make absurd offers. I studied everyones rosters, you and I matched up nicely, we both got what we were wanting, and remember you are a Flyer fan, I am a Wing fan, truthfully while that sgould have nothing to do with fantasy it does. Z has been on my team forever.

Welp. On the bright side of things, I had zero players playing last night to team Dunlop 's 5, and I am not losing by much. I think I have a 2 man advantage for the rest of the week so there is that. I hate being behind even 7 points with 4 days to go because this is about where scoring slows down to 0.5 to 0.75 ppg for most players .

Travis Hamonic being my top scorer so far this week is a bad sign tho

On the other leagues, I am leading my work league 10-1 in categories, and fielding a few trade offers. Just accepted one from Yave in Nahana and am seriously considering another.

And Mcdavid has started scoring after a slow start. 4 goals and 2 assists in the last 5 games for an 18 year old has me excited and glad I chose him #1. Especially in a keeper league lol. Edmonton winning 3 in a row has Oilers flying off the UFA list in every league

It is probably worth a mention that I snuck into the leaders spot in NAHANA, points wise I'm tied with Yave but I've won one more stat than him.  This will surely change next week, but it is worth a quick boast.   ;)

In the Philly.com league I'm in 4th place after winning both of the two weeks of the season thus far, the perennial leader, Yave, has won 6 more stat categories than I. This is really going to be a tough year as there is basically little available in the FA pool to draw upon for team injuries.  I did pick up Laughton while putting Barkov on the IR+ for Saturday and got a goal out of him, lol.

I'm sitting at 6th in the HF.net league as I lost a very close matchup with @pilldoc last week, and barely won this week vs @JR Ewing.  My team is in desperate need of a center before tonight's weekly locked lineup.  Barkov has a broken hand and the Panthers haven't placed him on the IR.  Stastny is all ready on the IR block for me, and I just may be forced to play Stepan who only has one start this week.   Uggh.   Picking up Neal, Ward and Yakopov last week has improved my teams overall points this week.

@hf101

You are so right about the lack of talent to pick up this year, very slim pickings. I am always aggressive with the roster moves, playing for an edge in a category here or there, I am afraid to cut middling players out of fear of losing them so I am roling the dice. Not looking forward to the matchup with Aziz this week with Lundqvist having only one game.

Great week for fantasy Hockey, ESPN All Star League for the third week in a row I had the high points, this week by an insane amount, I 'doubled up' six teams. As long as Price and my Canadien players keep going.....

Nahana I won 9-2 and am tied with you for first overall, but play Jammer this week and he is off to a slow start but his team is due to explode so not liking the matchup at all. Philly.com I crushed my opponent 16-2 and the two Cats I lost I could have won or tied with a bit of luck. Again though I play Aziz this week and his team matches waaay to well against mine.

Still basking in a good week, probably due for a fall this week in all three but enjoying the ride while I can.....

It is probably worth a mention that I snuck into the leaders spot in NAHANA, points wise I'm tied with Yave but I've won one more stat than him.  This will surely change next week, but it is worth a quick boast.   ;)

In the Philly.com league I'm in 4th place after winning both of the two weeks of the season thus far, the perennial leader, Yave, has won 6 more stat categories than I. This is really going to be a tough year as there is basically little available in the FA pool to draw upon for team injuries.  I did pick up Laughton while putting Barkov on the IR+ for Saturday and got a goal out of him, lol.

I'm sitting at 6th in the HF.net league as I lost a very close matchup with @pilldoc last week, and barely won this week vs @JR Ewing.  My team is in desperate need of a center before tonight's weekly locked lineup.  Barkov has a broken hand and the Panthers haven't placed him on the IR.  Stastny is all ready on the IR block for me, and I just may be forced to play Stepan who only has one start this week.   Uggh.   Picking up Neal, Ward and Yakopov last week has improved my teams overall points this week.

I'm last in nahana. According to plan. First in my work league. And doing will in the hf league. I WILL defeat all who oppose me! Except on crappie half weeks.....

@yave1964

Congrats Yave!  You absolutely crushed me.  Lunqvist has struggled and sat a game and Anderson also sat a game.  Not much I can do when I have very little goalie points and the Habs are absolutely on fire right now.  If the Habs continue at this pace, you are gonna be hard to beat.

I made a few moves grasping at straws.  Not sure if I did right by dropping Sharp, but man he is struggling playing on the top line in Dallas.  I had to do something.

@hf101

totally agree...the FA's are slim pickings this year.

@yave1964

Congrats Yave!  You absolutely crushed me.  Lunqvist has struggled and sat a game and Anderson also sat a game.  Not much I can do when I have very little goalie points and the Habs are absolutely on fire right now.  If the Habs continue at this pace, you are gonna be hard to beat.

I made a few moves grasping at straws.  Not sure if I did right by dropping Sharp, but man he is struggling playing on the top line in Dallas.  I had to do something.

@hf101

I am pulling the glove out for the old face slap to start a duel!

I hated the first week because it is always an aberration in scoring the first 2 weeks AND we had a short schedule of 5 days instead of 7 that week and I lost by a single goalie win. Perfect time for my goalies to suck balls.

But I shall derail you as king Yave! The line has been drawn!

Team Faceoff will prevail

@yave1964

@hf101

The problem is not the FA pool. The problem is ESPN and their "everyone is a center" mentality. They care nothing about Hockey. Freaking Hasek, Kolzig, Brodeur and MSL are still draftable options, which is ridiculous.

They are slowly giving guys dual eligibility.

• Alex Ovechkin, Wsh RW, LW
  • Dustin Byfuglien, Wpg D, RW
  • Patrick Sharp, Dal LW, RW
  • Anthony Duclair, Ari LW, RW
  • Tyler Ennis, Buf C, RW
  • David Pastrnak, Bos LW, RW
  • Tobias Rieder, Ari C, LW
  • Elias Lindholm, Car C, RW
  • Mikkel Boedker, Ari LW, RW
  • Vincent Trocheck, Fla C, RW
  • Charlie Coyle, Min LW, C
  • Sam Bennett, Cgy C, LW
  • Brandon Pirri, Fla C, LW
  • Lars Eller, Mon C, LW
  • Loui Eriksson, Bos LW, RW
  • Max Domi, Ari C, LW
  • Artemi Panarin, Chi C, LW
  • Dylan Larkin, Det C, LW
  • Filip Forsberg, Nsh C, LW
  • Ryan O'Reilly, Buf RW, C
  • Jeff Carter, LA RW, C
  • Alex Galchenyuk, Mon LW, C
  • Justin Abdelkader, Det LW, RW
  • Andrew Cogliano, Ana C, LW
  • Mike Santorelli, Ana C, RW

But some of the potential nice pickup's like Ryan Strome, Brock Nelson and Anders Lee, Perreault, Oscar Lindberg, JT Miller...........All listed as C, but playing wing. And they are not going to beat out Centers who take faceoffs , so they become worthless until they get dual eligibility.

@J0e Th0rnton

LOL.... I don't get you Joe until week 6.  I agree! Yave must go down!!! ;)

The glove slap was for Yave :)

Anything less than 1st place this year will just not do. So he must be destroyed!

I am happy with how my team's points have increased every single week so far, while scoring across the board has been going down as expected. Quick finally started winning a few games. Won my match this week by over 100 points :) So there is my crow!

@yave1964

@hf101

You actually had a great week this week, I think you would have beaten all but a few teams, I am just getting lucky with Price going crazy and I still cannot believe Pacioretty was there if the 5th round. Montreal has a West coast trip next week and I can see my team crashing and burning in the Espn league, lol.

The glove slap was for Yave

Anything less than 1st place this year will just not do. So he must be destroyed!

Yup ...I know.  :)  Was just bustin your chops. ;)  I just want to finish in top 6 so I can be in All Star League next year.  Would love to repeat as cahmpion, but battling yu hockey geniuses...I have my work cut out for me. ;)

The glove slap was for Yave :)

Lol, actually I play Jammer this week who always gives me fits, (and a lot of other teams too) he has been in a slump to start the year but trust me, he is probably going to get healthy against me this week, lol. I have just enjoying crowing about being in first place in all three leagues at the same time, granted it is only week 3 and likely will not last for long but it is fun for now :cool[1]:

You actually had a great week this week, I think you would have beaten all but a few teams, I am just getting lucky with Price going crazy and I still cannot believe Pacioretty was there if the 5th round. Montreal has a West coast trip next week and I can see my team crashing and burning in the Espn league, lol.

Thanks, I scored 144 points with only 1 goalie win.  Besides you, I would have lost to Joe, hf101, and JR.  They all had good weeks.  I had Pacioretty last years and ended up dropping him because he was up and down last year.  He was on my list but picking last is did not help me.  Instead of drafting once every 12 players I got 2 pickes every 24.  This week I get Whiskey Sticks.  Hoping to get back into the win column.

@J0e Th0rnton

If you look at my roster in any league I load up on dual eligibility players to allow for flexibility. The trade i made with you, yes I dealt Burns but Carter and Kesler both qualify at Center and Wing which is my bread and butter. In real life, those two along with guys like Little in Winnipeg and O'Reilly in buffalo are good players but in yahoo leagues they are worth their weight in gold. I agree guys like Strome who only qualify at one position take a hit. You seldom see them on my team. I do have Strome on my team in the Philly.com league but only because of a very deep roster and I have enough other players to pick up the slack in the hopes that he starts scoring. I am watching him closely tho and there are one or two guys I am looking at to replace him if he does not get it going soon. we have hits and blocked shots in that league as well and a d-man who does well in both of those cats could be worth more than the potential of Strome. Plus it is a non keeper league, we redraft every year so you can only keep potential on a short leash before you move them out for a guy who puts up decent numbers.

Think about how I feel. The Sharks gave Montreal the pick that became Pacioretti and Josh Gorges for a few years of Craig Rivet

Archived