The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, hf101 said:

20.6 points for Parise tonight and he's sitting on my bench this week..

.:cry:

Hehe. Yeah I hated seeing Kadri stockpile 15.9 last night riding the pine.

It's still razor close. Tomorrow will likely decide everything. 

Crosses fingers*

15 hours ago, hf101 said:

20.6 points for Parise tonight and he's sitting on my bench this week..

.:cry:

Crow:

Fortunately, I kept the faith in Parise (oh yea, plus ESPN's weekly lock won't let me swap him out anyways...hehe)..... and I reaped the benefits of his awesome night!

Not only that, but just about every single one of my players (Gudas included!) had very good nights, and with only two nights left to play and a 50.5 pt lead, I like my chances of getting into the Bantam Finals!

Gripe:

Ryan Kesler, a big part of my run in late in the season and the playoffs, is DTD.

I believe I read it was for personal reasons and not due to injury, but still, I will have big decisions to make if I do indeed get into the Finals whether to sit or or put him in the lineup.

I have very good players at the C position, but all things being equal, I prefer having Kesler in there.

Saturday is upon us. It is likely all matches will be decided today, although if they end close to a tie like they have been, it makes the 1 guy HF and I each have playing Sunday interesting.

AJ and Yave's match is close as heck too. AJ is 15 points ahead, but Yave has 5 skaters on Sunday to AJ's 1.

Doc and JR are razor close too to decide who plays in All stars next year. I wish it reseeded top teams to play bottom teams for "Home ice" advantage, because both of them deserve to make all stars.

In my work league, I have a BIG advantage going into today, but not as big as I had 2 days ago. Unless Jones craps the bed for the Sharks or his goalies get multiple shutouts...............My advantage is not as wide as I would like. In ESPN league terms, I have a 30 point advantage going into today, but it could switch fast. A bad goalie game is much more debilitating when categories like save% and GAA can be ruined with a bad game.

Jones vs Dallas

He has Rask vs Toronto and Smith vs Philly. Need philly to score big vs Smith(And pad my stats since I have Schenn, Ghost, Streit and Raffl) Gimme some goals baby!

18 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crow:

Fortunately, I kept the faith in Parise (oh yea, plus ESPN's weekly lock won't let me swap him out anyways...hehe)..... and I reaped the benefits of his awesome night!

Not only that, but just about every single one of my players (Gudas included!) had very good nights, and with only two nights left to play and a 50.5 pt lead, I like my chances of getting into the Bantam Finals!

Gripe:

Ryan Kesler, a big part of my run in late in the season and the playoffs, is DTD.

I believe I read it was for personal reasons and not due to injury, but still, I will have big decisions to make if I do indeed get into the Finals whether to sit or or put him in the lineup.

I have very good players at the C position, but all things being equal, I prefer having Kesler in there.

That is going to hurt Yave  too. Kesler is a steady source of 4 points a night if he does not score, 9+ points if he does

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Doc and JR are razor close too to decide who plays in All stars next year. I wish it reseeded top teams to play bottom teams for "Home ice" advantage, because both of them deserve to make all stars.

Thanks J0e for the nice compliment.  Yeah I wish ESPN did not do what they did...but they did.  Sadly I just had a sting of bad luck with injuries ...especailly to by goalies, but hey it is what it is.  I'm not going down without a fight.  I never saw Elliot coming back as strong as he has.  I thought when he went down with an injury, I though Allen was gonna play the rest of the way.  I badly miscalculated that.  I should have nabbed Elliot and dropped Allen.  Anderson outlived his usefulness and dropped him.  He not really not that much since then.

I really need a win from Jake tonight as the Rangers are going with Raanta tonight.  I am praying for a great game by Lundqvist as that might me my saving grace for tomorrow.

Win or lose it has been great locking heads with everyone in the All Star League.  Trying to stay one step ahead of everyone has been a challenge this year and it has been a blast.

7 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Thanks J0e for the nice compliment.  Yeah I wish ESPN did not do what they did...but they did.  Sadly I just had a sting of bad luck with injuries ...especailly to by goalies, but hey it is what it is.  I'm not going down without a fight.  I never saw Elliot coming back as strong as he has.  I thought when he went down with an injury, I though Allen was gonna play the rest of the way.  I badly miscalculated that.  I should have nabbed Elliot and dropped Allen.  Anderson outlived his usefulness and dropped him.  He not really not that much since then.

I really need a win from Jake tonight as the Rangers are going with Raanta tonight.  I am praying for a great game by Lundqvist as that might me my saving grace for tomorrow.

Win or lose it has been great locking heads with everyone in the All Star League.  Trying to stay one step ahead of everyone has been a challenge this year and it has been a blast.

I picked up Raanta as a hail mary in my work league if I need to. I am currently ahead, but Jones has let in 3 goals on 15 shots for the sharks and My opponent has a Smith Vs Philly + Rask vs Leafs combo tonight which could conceivably put him ahead. Sharks just made a 2 goal comeback tho, so if Jones wins, I will sit Raanta.

Gave up a manday from Horvat for it, but whatever.

Philly.com, looks like I am going to win a game that is closer than it should be and face HF in the finals AGAIN. We played there last year as well.

ESPN I will be in the finals playing Joe. Good luck Joe!!

Nahana, not so much, getting bounced early by Metedeke who I thought I would match up with better than I did. My money has been on Rux all year long, even before the Sid the Kid trade.

So two of three leagues at least making it to the finals. I will take it.

28 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Philly.com, looks like I am going to win a game that is closer than it should be and face HF in the finals AGAIN. We played there last year as well.

ESPN I will be in the finals playing Joe. Good luck Joe!!

Nahana, not so much, getting bounced early by Metedeke who I thought I would match up with better than I did. My money has been on Rux all year long, even before the Sid the Kid trade.

So two of three leagues at least making it to the finals. I will take it.

First off, good match this week to @hf101. Its not over yet, but either way I feel it as a tight good match.

Good luck Yave! I was so mad you got Mackinnon off waivers before I did, so I am using my moves to compensate in other ways lol.

Ladyneat is my pick to win NAHANA. She spent picks to improve and her other players seem to be peaking at the right time.

Unless a miracle happens it looks like I will be in the Bantam League next year.  I'm only up by a few points.  JR has 4 players going BUT he has 3 Hawks vs the Nucks.  I do have Lundqvist BUT the Rangers are playing the Pens.  Oh well...here is hoping for a miracle.

Congrats @J0e Th0rnton !!!!  This was a fun week.  I'm still annoyed at myself for not playing Parise who played 3 games and averaged over 9 pts for a Zach Smith  who played 4 games.  I should have stuck with my own strategy playing my best players each week.  -- I still might not have won though, but it would be a lot closer going into today's final matchup.    I'll be facing @AJgoal  for 3rd place.  

Best of Luck in the Finals to both @J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964 !!!  This is going to be a great matchup.

If I make it today in the Philly.com league I'll match up again against @yave1964  in the finals.  $300 on the line to the winner - whooo hoo!

@ruxpin and I had bye weeks in NAHANA .  He edged me out by the slimmest of margins in the final week to win the Presidents trophy.  Looks like I will face Metedeke who will be a tough matchup next week with the winner going to the finals between @ruxpin and @Ladyneat.  

13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Philly.com, looks like I am going to win a game that is closer than it should be and face HF in the finals AGAIN

It looks much closer than it did this morning.  3 categories up for grabs.  wow.

Now this is tied up with one hit and one goal being the difference between playing for the championship against me and for the $$$.

Wow.....Unless ESPN changes their scoring, I think I just did enough to get by @JR Ewing.   What a close match, I was on pins and needles watching both the Rangers/Pens game and the Hawks/Canucks game.  If the final score holds up I have mixed emotions.  On one hand I am happy that it looks like I stay in the All Star League for next year, but on the other hand I hate to see JR go to the Bantam.  You are a great GM and good friend on here.  You put together a very solid line-up this year.  My hats off to you.

OMG. By virtue of a Monday morning Stat correction, I am in the finals of my work league. I wet to bed last night knowing I had lost because all games were done and nobody had scored a GWG. Then I wake up to find OEL given a GWG for the 24th instead of an assist.

I feel like a douche for winning in this way via TIE

10 hours ago, hf101 said:

@yave1964

Congrats! looks like you'll win the tie breaker, that is unless there are any stat corrections.  That was really close, wow.

Good luck this week. :)

Yeah at one point late in the week I was up 16-2 and then his Penguins went insane and my guys forgot to score. I snuck into the finals, it is you and I AGAIN for the second year in a row with lots of money riding on it. Good luck this week!

10 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow.....Unless ESPN changes their scoring, I think I just did enough to get by @JR Ewing.   What a close match, I was on pins and needles watching both the Rangers/Pens game and the Hawks/Canucks game.  If the final score holds up I have mixed emotions.  On one hand I am happy that it looks like I stay in the All Star League for next year, but on the other hand I hate to see JR go to the Bantam.  You are a great GM and good friend on here.  You put together a very solid line-up this year.  My hats off to you.

Oh, man! We had a really close match this week. My in-laws were in town, and then we went to my father's house for Easter dinner last night, so I was a bit busy, but I'll admit that during that time I thought often of the match, and hoped to prevail. lol...

Great win, and good luck.   :)

3 leagues, in the finals for two of them and the other a very off year but still snuck into the playoffs (and bounced early). Some great players in these leagues, very satisfied to be where I am.

15 hours ago, ruxpin said:

My NAHANA team had the strongest week it's had in awhile. Sadly, it was worthless because it was a bye week. 

That means it will be @Ladyneat vs. @hf101 /metadeke in the final. 

Seriously, I'm the weak link of the four teams. 

I don't know your team always seems to show up when you play against me.

Archived