The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

ESPN league, All Star fantasy league, second week in a row finished first in total points, making a statement. My strategy of going goalie with my first two picks, Price and Fleury is working very well. My last pick in the draft was Krejci who is as hot as anyone in the game.

Nahana I beat Polaris 8-6-1 in a tight one. This is by far my worst team. Just traded for Perry/Burns to get the offense on track.

Philly.com, the money league, I crushed my opponent 13-5. The cats I won were mostly blowouts, the ones I lost were mostly close. Loving my team in that league again. Built around my tenders again, and a bunch of non superstars who dominate particular categories.

Overall very satisfied with the first two weeks of the season.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so... Week One:

1) My keeper goalie (Mason) blows up and then disappears

2) My first-non-keeper pick (Couture) went down for 4-6 weeks

3) My first-ranked-overall keeper (Ovechkin) can't set his alarm clock correctly

4) I have five Yahoo! Top 100 players (Kucherov 58, Pietrangelo 55, Weber 50, Sharp 85, Simmonds 95) who are ranked an average of 362

5) Kucherov and Gaborik combined for 2 goals, 2 points, -2, 2 PIM and a GWG (yippee!)

6) I tied SVs (190) and SV% (.905) and lost goalie stats 1-2-3

7) I have far, far, far too many Senators (Karlsson, Ryan, Zibanejad, Anderson, Hamburglar)

Lost 5-7-3 and I'm in 9th place.

#yay

@J0e Th0rnton I think this weather change is what made me sick. My doctor said I have the flu and I feel like crap and achy all over my body because I have a fever again. I'm going to get more medicine in me at 6 p.m.

@radoran Wow, you had a rough week.

In the league I am in I am 2-0 and the 2nd most points in the league. I can't wait to play the guy with the most points in week #5. I have made a few trades and waiver pick ups and now I really am content with my team and unless some player gets dropped that screams to me I can help your team, I am staying with the guys I have to win this.

OK, so... Week One:

1) My keeper goalie (Mason) blows up and then disappears

2) My first-non-keeper pick (Couture) went down for 4-6 weeks

3) My first-ranked-overall keeper (Ovechkin) can't set his alarm clock correctly

4) I have five Yahoo! Top 100 players (Kucherov 58, Pietrangelo 55, Weber 50, Sharp 85, Simmonds 95) who are ranked an average of 362

5) Kucherov and Gaborik combined for 2 goals, 2 points, -2, 2 PIM and a GWG (yippee!)

6) I tied SVs (190) and SV% (.905) and lost goalie stats 1-2-3

7) I have far, far, far too many Senators (Karlsson, Ryan, Zibanejad, Anderson, Hamburglar)

Lost 5-7-3 and I'm in 9th place.

#yay

In NAHANA, I finished 8th in goals, 7th in assists, 7th in points, Dead last with -22 LOL(Damn Jackets players...), 7th in PIM's(Hey Dubinsky, Hartnell, Savard and , wtf. Jackets again not doing their job. OH, and Kesler, you suck), 9th in PPP, Tied 2nd for SHP a luck based category, 8th in GWG and 3rd in faceoffs(ONLY thing Kesler and Dubinsky did for me)

One would think how badly the jackets and ducks were playing that the 100PIM guys would at least take frustration penalties......

McDavid had some nice points at the end of the week though, so I can only hope he ignites now. Strome just got promoted to Tavares wing, and Steen is the MVP of the week.

Until I count goalies. 8 wins and 1 loss was enough to get me 1st in those two cats. But I was only 10th with 211 saves(That category seems to suck for good team goalies) 3rd in save % and had a 4 way tie for 2nd with 1 shutout. hehehe

Basically, HF molested me in all scoring categories but faceoffs and my goalies won 3 categories to 2.

Work league: 1st in goals, 4th in assists(Welcome back Backstrom!), 2nd last in +/-(3 Jackets players again....Bye Savard), 1st in PIM's, Tied 1st in PPP, tied 2nd in SHP, 1st in GWG, and 3rd in SOG. Goalies, 2nd in Wins, 1st in GAA, 1st in Sv%, 1st in SO. Andersen I benched at all the right times since he had 1.71GAA and 95.6%sav in 3 games for me

Just wokeup via alarm to get Krejci as my 4 moves of the week reset at 4AM

Back to bed I go

HA....if I had a buck for everytime I pulled that in the early years of NAHANA, I'd be retired living comfortably....lol. It was really funny, during the playoffs people would get tired of the Warriors getting the pick of the litter, so other GM's used to set their alarms also....and it made for some FURIOUS action from 3am to 3:05 am....many times, you would click on the player you were going after, only to find out you were beat by mere seconds by another equally desperate GM. It got so bad, that I had to memorize where the players were before 3am to shave off precious seconds in the add process...LMAO!!

HA....if I had a buck for everytime I pulled that in the early years of NAHANA, I'd be retired living comfortably....lol. It was really funny, during the playoffs people would get tired of the Warriors getting the pick of the litter, so other GM's used to set their alarms also....and it made for some FURIOUS action from 3am to 3:05 am....many times, you would click on the player you were going after, only to find out you were beat by mere seconds by another equally desperate GM. It got so bad, that I had to memorize where the players were before 3am to shave off precious seconds in the add process...LMAO!!

I had 4 separate pages with my players queued to drop/add at exactly the time of the switch so I could just click 1 button and have it go through. It pretty much went through at 4:00:01AM ET lol

Next year I really need to try and get into one of the leagues from this forum. It would be fun to beat all of you guys. :P

You can definitely get into the playoff drafts we have. Completely different animal there as you have to pick mostly from teams you are sure will advance, but it is fun :)

Last year, our CBS league was a downer for me. CBS and their silly "Averaging" system inflating backup goaltenders and dmen lol. Finished near the top of the league in points, but missed the playoffs. But this year, I am pretty happy with ESPN

I had 4 separate pages with my players queued to drop/add at exactly the time of the switch so I could just click 1 button and have it go through. It pretty much went through at 4:00:01AM ET lol

Insomnia much?

Can the "Crow or Gripe" thread also be a "Cross fingers and pray for a productive night and no minus 10 players" thread?

In my work league, Backstrom and Carlson play vs Calgary, OEL and Duclair play vs NJ, Johansen and Hartnell play vs the Isles, and Bishop plays vs Nashville.

You can definitely get into the playoff drafts we have. Completely different animal there as you have to pick mostly from teams you are sure will advance, but it is fun :)

Last year, our CBS league was a downer for me. CBS and their silly "Averaging" system inflating backup goaltenders and dmen lol. Finished near the top of the league in points, but missed the playoffs. But this year, I am pretty happy with ESPN

I have only done leagues on ESPN and I have been happy with it. I like doing H2H Points.

I probably wouldn't have made that trade myself unless I felt both Zetterburg and Duchene would spend significant portions of the year on the IR.

i was the other side of that trade.  the way i looked at it:

giroux > zetterberg.  and not by a little.  yes, giroux's ~75 points isn't all that far from zetterberg's ~65, but giroux takes 700 more faceoffs per season, wins twice as many as Z, registers twice the hits, and is substantially more productive on the PP.  plus, imo zetterberg's teammates are a little bit worse every season, whereas giroux's are trending in the other direction.  if this is the season voracek breaks 90 points, giroux will assist on 3/4's of those, while zetterberg can only hope thomas tatar or justin abdelkader break 60 (or 45, in abdelkader's case).  not to mention, zetterberg IS 35, so there is an injury clock ticking.  

reilly smith was the waiver fodder.  and yes, duchene > smith, by a good bit.  in the end, though, i thought the spread between giroux and zetterberg more than made up for the spread between smith and duchene.  

the only thing i really regret is that while giroux brings a lot more in the way of faceoffs than zetterberg, the trade ended up a net FW loss, because smith can't even spell FO.

in the end, i'd make the trade again.  zetterberg definitely isn't going to keep up a 9pt/5gp pace, and giroux should get back to a p/g pace soon, more if voracek continues to improve and if the flyers can finally find that line a LW.

Last year, our CBS league was a downer for me. CBS and their silly "Averaging" system inflating backup goaltenders and dmen lol.

that was the best fantasy system i have ever seen, ever.

that was the best fantasy system i have ever seen, ever.

It was ridiculous. You MUST be kidding lol.

So Stamkos plays 4 games, scores 2 goals and 2 assists vs Ovechkin plays 1 game, scores a goal and an assist. Stamkos gets credited with 0.5 goals and 0.5 assists on the week, and Ovechkin gets a goal and assist on the week, and you liked that system?

A defenseman who scored a goal, assist and was +1 over 4 games, while another defenseman scored 0 points was was +3 and somehow was credited for more points on the week.

It was absurd.

Archived