Give the C to Captain Zach

hf101

167683863_slide.jpg

Yeah I know the best player on the ice doesn't need to wear the C on his jersey but then again the best player on the ice is the leader of this team.

Parise starts off the season with the first goal after being down 3-0 to the Avalanche after a huge hit by Landeskog.  Parise picks himself off the ice and goes to the net for the first goal of the game .  After a quick goal by Mitchell Colorado gets back a 3 goal lead.  Again Parise scores to bring the Wild within 2 and completes the hattrick with the game winner all within 5 minutes of the third period.  

That's a leader. 

167683863_slide.jpg

Yeah I know the best player on the ice doesn't need to wear the C on his jersey but then again the best player on the ice is the leader of this team.

Parise starts off the season with the first goal after being down 3-0 to the Avalanche after a huge hit by Landeskog.  Parise picks himself off the ice and goes to the net for the first goal of the game .  After a quick goal by Mitchell Colorado gets back a 3 goal lead.  Again Parise scores to bring the Wild within 2 and completes the hattrick with the game winner all within 5 minutes of the third period.  

That's a leader. 

Who is the Wild's captain?? Suter?

Mikko has been in the Wild organization for like forever. He is definitely not as talented as Zach Parisse. I have no clue how much of a leader or what kind of leader Koivu is in the clubhouse compared to Parisse., I agree that just by talent on the ice Parisse deserves to be the Captain. I just don't know what type of leader or if he even wants to be a leader in the clubhouse.

For what it's worth, I say leave the status quo alone.

This has been Koivu's team since forever now....he has been with them through the good and bad, has never asked to be traded, says and does the right things, doesn't cause controversy, and from what I understand, DOES have the respect of his teammates.

Taking the C from him at this point is just stirring a pot that doesn't need to be stirred.

I agree 1000% with @hf101 that Parise is not only a leader, but plays and acts like one...and he is a bigger star on the team than Koivu is.

But still, as has been mentioned in other threads, the PLAYERS themselves know who the team leaders are, and really, the Wild have no shortage of them....doesn't matter who the heck wears the letters.

Now, if and when Koivu is no longer with the team, then sure, make Parise the captain. I've got no issue with that.

But the Wild are on the verge of really breaking out this year, have pieces in place to possibly win a championship, and have young guys looking to the vets (all of them) for leadership, while carving their own path to being NHL elite players.....the LAST thing this team needs is a stupid sideshow over a damned Captain's C.

For my money, Mikko is the captain, but guys like Parise, Suter, Scandella, Pominville, Niedderreiter certainly have voices and lead as well, in both being vocal and on the ice via example.

@TropicalFruitGirl26@hf101

Alrighty my favorite wild fans. How is Dumba looking for this year?

Wisniewski was my bench pick for the work league I am in and he just tore his ACL. Dumba is kinda sticking out as an option right now for me

The work league counts:

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG) Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Archived