2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Season

2nd String Champ

Boy they are sucking. Have the players quit on Boudreau? This is not the same team that looked near invincible against a very good Jets team in April.

No, they haven't quit. They are just uncoordinated, waiting for something to happen, hoping things to fall into place etc. That's my opinion anyway.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 7 Ana vs Min

Andersen is starting, so we have a chance. Dubnyk starting for the Wild.

A decent start for both teams. 2 mins in Horcoff kicks the puck in and the goal didn't count. Lots of dumping the puck in the offensive zone by both teams. 5 minutes in, the shots are 3 - 1 for Minnesota. There is a lot of skating and digging for pucks from both sides but not a lot of organization. No clean breakouts from the Ducks end so far. We almost get scored on in close at the 13:45 mark of the first period and Vatanen took a slashing penalty to lessen the chance that Zucker would score on us. A decent penalty to take. We blocked 2 or 3 shots from the blue line on the PK and we were trapped in our own end for the whole PK. Silfverburg shoved the puck under Andersen with his hand inside the crease! It was dangerous but legal and a face off resulted. Then we iced the puck again. We've had a few icing calls in the last few minutes... no organization yet. 10 minutes in there are 17 shot attempts for the Wild, 6 hit the net. The Ducks had 2 shots attempts, only 1 hit the net. Halfway through the period, the Wild are pressuring us badly. They aren't all that organized either but they are controlling the puck better and for longer than we are. They are "winning" so far for sure. Face offs are 10 - 6 for Min. They have 2 hits, we have none. We have blocked 9 shots to their 1 though. Well over 12 minutes in, the Ducks have 1 shot on goal.... I think I will go put my face in the garbage disposal. :(  We get a couple of quick shots on net in close. With 4 mins to go Andersen made a great stop in close. Dumba {Min} scored on a great backhand from 6 feet in front of Andersen. Wow Dumba nearly got his second goal like a minute after his first but he was ROBBED by Andersen. There was a deflection off of Andersen and it bounced right to Dumba.... but Andersen reached all the way over with the stick and that will be a high light save for the entire season.

Shots after the first 15 - 3 Minnesota.

Score only 1 - 0... could easily be 3 - 0.

Wild 0/1 on their PP with 1 shot

The 2nd period starts the same way the Ducks played all season, wildly off side and uncoordinated. Then Getzlaf hooks a Wild player while he was taking a shot, 2 mins in the box. The Ducks are doing well to clear the zone on the PK. Only 1 shot on this PP for the Wild too. 5 mins in we take a "too many men" penalty. Shots are 3 2- for Minnesota. 8 minutes into the 2nd, Getzlaf gets 2 mins for interference, not a good penalty Captain! He just looked angry and defiant during that scrum. We are being out shot again 7 - 3 and we're deep in penalty trouble. Hits are 10 - 4 for the Ducks. Wow with 9 mins to go, Patrick Maroon, clobbers a Wild player from behind, right in the middle of the ice with the puck 50 feet away... PENALTY! After the penalty, Vanek scored on us with a great tip, from a bad angle. With 5 mins to go, we are looking very undisciplined, sloppy and slow. At times it looks like we are one step away from just coasting around waiting for the game to end. What a poor period for the Ducks... Uggg. 2:30 to go and the Ducks go on their first PP. #%^&$ We let a SHORTHANDED goal in.... Grrrrrr. To finish off the PP, Minnesota still controlled the puck most of the time. We couldn't setup in their end at all and Minnesota had 2 other rushes while short handed.

Shots 26 - 9 for the Wild.

Face offs 29 - 23 for the Wild.

Takeaways 11 - 2 for the Wild

Giveaways 11 - 2 for the Wild {surprising}

The Ducks better kick and s%*# to start the third period! Over 4 minutes in and no shots on net for either team. The Ducks aren't so awful when they have the puck, but that might be wishful thinking. With 15 mins to go in the game, Dubnyk makes only his 10th save of the night. A poor angled shot from the boards... no chance of it going in. The Wild are sending in 3 and 4 players on the fore check at times. They are being very aggressive. The Ducks are making poor passes in the neutral zone, they are mismanaging the puck in their own end at times and have the poorest breakouts.... Soo ugly to watch!  8 mins to go in the game and there was a scrum in front of the Wild net for a few seconds..... that's all there's been to report.... Shots are 6 - 1 for the Ducks but no scoring chances. The commentators are right, Andersen has played great tonight. He made several great saves, real goal savers. Thumbs up to him. Andersen keeps coming up with Stanley Cup Finals quality saves.

The Ducks have only scored 1 goal for Andersen {in all of his starts this season} and he has pretty much been an all star in net. Such a shame. 

Captain Getzlaf.... Stop taking BS penalties because you're frustrated.

Every other Duck... fly away little birdies!

Shots 30 -15 Wild

ahhh who cares about the rest of the same ol' dreary stats.

A Wild night ends in embarrassment for the Ducks.

Ana 0 - Min 3

@2nd String Champ

These writeups are great, I don't always get a chance to see the late games. I know this is the wrong forum buy glad to see Dumba finally get one.  

I think the problem this year is more of the same really that Chicago exposed in the post season.  The Ducks are primarily a one line team and if you shut down the top line you can shut down a win.  To give the Ducks credit they stopped the top line for the Wild in this loss.

The Ducks need some youth and speed on their 2nd an 3rd lines, imo.

How many times have the Ducks been shut out so far? Boudreau is toast

Only 5 times in the last 9 games. Not too bad.

I can't see them firing him so early into the season. I don't even know he should go. I'm not a fan of his but it seems unfair to fire him so early when it's the players who aren't playing.

This is the trouble with watching millionaires fiddle around with their hobbies. Sometimes, they would rather go sailing, partying or take long 3 hour naps in the evening.  

@2nd String Champ

These writeups are great, I don't always get a chance to see the late games. I know this is the wrong forum buy glad to see Dumba finally get one.  

I think the problem this year is more of the same really that Chicago exposed in the post season.  The Ducks are primarily a one line team and if you shut down the top line you can shut down a win.  To give the Ducks credit they stopped the top line for the Wild in this loss.

The Ducks need some youth and speed on their 2nd an 3rd lines, imo.

Well, these writeups are far from professional and most often devolve into a rant but thanks anyway!

There is always room to improve... If the Senators could get turned around and be a playoff team..... then the Duck should be into the 2nd round of the playoffs somewhat easily with this line up.

They play the same game I would. Dump and chase.... then be out skated to every puck.  Scramble in front of my own net with me falling on the puck in the crease. Only get 3 - 5 shots per end and none of them actual scoring chances. Hook and slash because I'm always a step behind and a second late.

Also, Dumba was flying around like a bumble bee. He went "unslapped" by the Ducks of course.

if i look at this team, i think the major problem is their d core, they have alot of young d playing and they only have two old defensemen and they had 2 vet defensemen when they were playing in the finals and they let them go, so i think they took a major step back with their d core and it's hurting them now.

if i look at this team, i think the major problem is their d core, they have alot of young d playing and they only have two old defensemen and they had 2 vet defensemen when they were playing in the finals and they let them go, so i think they took a major step back with their d core and it's hurting them now.

So the main problem is not the over $30 million in salary on the top 2 lines that haven't scored any goals?

Actually I think you are spot on with this. Beauchemin was the Ducks #1 d-man who stabilized the backend who is now with Colorado. He was key for defensive 5 on 5 play and the PK.  If the forwards are taking unnecessary penalties being lazy or just because they lack the foot speed then a player like Beauchemin hasn't been replaced as easily as they envisioned.

Actually I think you are spot on with this. Beauchemin was the Ducks #1 d-man who stabilized the backend who is now with Colorado. He was key for defensive 5 on 5 play and the PK.  If the forwards are taking unnecessary penalties being lazy or just because they lack the foot speed then a player like Beauchemin hasn't been replaced as easily as they envisioned.

yeah, now i think i understand why hextall is hesitant on bringing up the young d because he doesnt want inexperienced players to hurt the team.

? Boudreau is toast

Has Bruce lost the room?  He reminds me of the kind of coach that is ok for a year or two, then you get used to him and his message falls on deaf ears. The players with 8+ mill or not leaving....so get packing Mr.Boudreau!

Has Bruce lost the room? He reminds me of the kind of coach that is ok for a year or two, then you get used to him and his message falls on deaf ears. The players with 8+ mill or not leaving....so get packing Mr.Boudreau!

Zackly

Game 8 Ana vs. Chi

Andersen is starting for the Ducks.

The game started fast for both teams. Vatanin went off side and blasted Crawford in the mask with a slap shot OUCH!. 3 minutes in the Ducks go on the PP and 5 shots on goal already. Not a good PP for Anaheim, not a lot of time with the puck. The Hawk1s go on the PP, then a Kesler and a Hawk go in the box at the same time, 5 on 4 for Chicago. When the PP for Chicago is over, shots are 5 - 3 for the Ducks. The Ducks are really giving Chicago a game here. They are pressuring the Hawks, finishing hits, really grinding hard for pucks. Half way through the 1st, we are really holding our own. 7:30 to go and it's anyone's game. The Ducks all seems to be playing well, Andersen has given up a few juicy rebounds but looks good still. The Hawks aren't really getting many good shots from their forwards. The Hawks are POURING on the pressure in the last few minutes! The Ducks had a lot of control in the first 15 minutes of the period, a big change from games past.

Shots 9 - 6 Ducks

Face offs 11 - 7 Ducks

Hits 8 - Ducks

Give aways - a couple for both teams.

The 2nd starts the same way the first period went, attacking from both teams. Both teams are very close to scoring. Less than 2 mins in Perry ringed one hard off the post! Sooo close! The Hawks go right back down the ice and almost score themselves. It's just back and forth! Each team is still fighting hard, no penalties or large mistakes by either team. The Hawks are really taking it to the Ducks on this shift. A penalty is coming to the Ducks. We are also being out shot 5 - 3 now. It's 4 on 4 for 2 mins. Ryan Kesler is serving his 2nd penalty of the game, this time for cross checking and a Hawk takes a penalty too. The Hawks had a great chance in a face off next to Andersen but a D-man and Andersen blocked and saved the day. WOW! The puck just appeared in front of Crawford with 2 Ducks right there and they couldn't put a stick on the puck. Wow. What a free chance! Half way through the game, shots are 14 - 12 for the Ducks. A far cry from the shots allowed and shots for in games so far this season. The Ducks aren't flying as high as they did in most of the first period. They are still taking some shots that are pretty far away or at bad angles. 6 mins to go in the period, the Ducks are passing and checking hard in the Chi zone while maintaining the puck. They look like the Ducks from last year at times for sure. They still bumble around when leaving their own zone, poor breakouts. Andersen is run over by a Hawk as he played the puck outside of his zone and Stoner puts the fists to him. Clayton Stoner get 2 for instigating and a 10 minute game misconduct and Andersen gets 2 mins for a delay of game for playing the puck outside of the zone. A Blackhawk took a penalty as well. The Hawks are really pressing hard on this PP, nearly scored with Andersen looking good in the crease. The Ducks kill the penalties and are fighting back!  With 10 seconds to go, the Hawks have a couple of good wacks at the puck in front of Andersen.

Shots 18 - 17 Ducks

Hits 21 - 11 Ducks

Face offs 20 -12 Ducks

Give aways - several for both teams

The 3rd is fast paced. Both teams have to move the puck quickly as the other players close in on them fast. A minute in, Perry has an incredible chance to deke Crawford bt just can't beat him. That was Perry's 7th shot of the game and he's had a couple of great chances. Shaw from the Hawks, takes a rebound and he hits the post. It was a wobbling puck that bounced off Andersen, deflected off of a D man. He's done well since the first with rebounds. Wow, a hawk had a partial break away and just lost the handle on the puck, phew! 6 mins in, Runblad had a great chance to score from in close but misses the net. Shaw almost bangs one in as there is a crash of players in front of and on top of Andersen. It's looking pretty dicey in front of Andersen. Another Hawk shot that misses the net, there's been a lot of those. 11 mins to go in the 3rd and the Hawks look more in control than the Ducks but the shots are 8 - 3 for the Ducks. The Hawks have had all the chances though. The Hawks take a hooking penalty. The Ducks look good setting up and have 2 great shots in the first 30 seconds. Hawks can't clear, the Ducks are really pressing now. The rest of the PP, the Hawks do a great job of shutting us down, but we got a few good shots on net, we might have even caught another post. Well with 6 mins to go, a goal is waived off for the Hawks because the net was dislodged by accident. a stinging blow to the Hawks. Wow, what a finish to this game, The Ducks are getting a ton of shots in this period but the Hawks are trying to win it with every stride though. In the last few mins, there's a lot of dumping the puck in. I think each team is playing to get to over time. They are shooting hard and playing tough but not taking any chances with the puck. WOW! Andersen saved the game for the Ducks, he made a great save with 40 seconds to go off of a Hawks tip. Well, the Ducks are really playing better, for longer  periods of time. They out shot the Hawks 19 - 6 in this period. They deserve to win just as much as the Hawks do. 

Overtime, Getzlaf and Silfverbugh win the face off and drive to the net but can't get a shot off. Crawford makes a decent save a moment later. Then the Hawks go down and score, Toews did the damage in close on Andersen.

Andersen got the 3rd star of the game, .958 save percentage

Shots 39 - 24 Ducks

We were 0/3 on the PP

Face offs 34 - 24 Ducks

Blocked shots 16 - 14 Ducks

We have 6 goals in 8 games. Yikes!

Hawks edge the Ducks.

Ana 0 - Chi 1

@2nd String Champ

What in the World?????

No way no how would I have thought this possible, too much talent on the Ducks for this lack of production. Anderssen has been playing his heart out but unless he perfects a way to leave his crease and skate to the other end and score it is all for nothing.

I simply do not get it. After week 1 I acquired Perry in my fantasy league from a panicky owner. Last week I traded for Kesler from another owner who was nervous. After last night I am starting to shake a bit too.

They were the easy odds on favorite to win the West, Chicago was down, Anaheim made some smart moves and improved, a rarity for a true contender in the cap age, depth everywhere.

They just cannot score.

I have seen teams that are snakebit before, when you press the goalie seems to be a Sumu wrestler in net. You start looking for the perfect shot, or worse, out of fear you pass instead. The Ducks are there right now, I still believe they can and will bounce back but at this point Boudreau has to be on life support. A change may be needed.

@2nd String Champ

What in the World?????

No way no how would I have thought this possible, too much talent on the Ducks for this lack of production. Anderssen has been playing his heart out but unless he perfects a way to leave his crease and skate to the other end and score it is all for nothing.

I simply do not get it. After week 1 I acquired Perry in my fantasy league from a panicky owner. Last week I traded for Kesler from another owner who was nervous. After last night I am starting to shake a bit too.

They were the easy odds on favorite to win the West, Chicago was down, Anaheim made some smart moves and improved, a rarity for a true contender in the cap age, depth everywhere.

They just cannot score.

I have seen teams that are snakebit before, when you press the goalie seems to be a Sumu wrestler in net. You start looking for the perfect shot, or worse, out of fear you pass instead. The Ducks are there right now, I still believe they can and will bounce back but at this point Boudreau has to be on life support. A change may be needed.

Ill take Kesler back if you want. I didn't want to trade him lol

Last night was the best effort I have seen from the ducks all season. I am incredulous they lost

Archived