2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Season

2nd String Champ

@2nd String Champ

What in the World?????

No way no how would I have thought this possible, too much talent on the Ducks for this lack of production. Anderssen has been playing his heart out but unless he perfects a way to leave his crease and skate to the other end and score it is all for nothing.

I simply do not get it. After week 1 I acquired Perry in my fantasy league from a panicky owner. Last week I traded for Kesler from another owner who was nervous. After last night I am starting to shake a bit too.

They were the easy odds on favorite to win the West, Chicago was down, Anaheim made some smart moves and improved, a rarity for a true contender in the cap age, depth everywhere.

They just cannot score.

I have seen teams that are snakebit before, when you press the goalie seems to be a Sumu wrestler in net. You start looking for the perfect shot, or worse, out of fear you pass instead. The Ducks are there right now, I still believe they can and will bounce back but at this point Boudreau has to be on life support. A change may be needed.

If you watched every game you would be even more bewildered. Just chance after chance of nothing. It's to the point now that I don't even get excited when the Ducks are in close with the puck.

Again, I don't think Boudreau needs to go. They players are working hard {at times} and last night they they worked their beaks off, they just can't move the puck that extra foot into the back of the net.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill take Kesler back if you want. I didn't want to trade him lol

Last night was the best effort I have seen from the ducks all season. I am incredulous they lost

It was 100% their best game. They really worked hard against the Hawks, held their shots down, fought for pucks and did a lot of things right.

Here are some mind-numbing statistics regarding the Ducks performance so far:

• They've been shutout in 62.5% of their games so far. They're on a pace to be shutout 50 times over the course of the full season. The most times a team has been shutout in a single season is 16. That happened to the 2006-07 Columbus Blue Jackets
  • They're averaging 0.75 goals per game so far. The best goals against average for a goalie over the course of a season was George Hainsworth's 1928-29 0.92. Hainsworth managed a shutout in 22 of the Canadiens' 44 games during that campaign.
  • Hampus Lindholm, Rikard Rakell, and Mike Santorelli are tied for the team lead in points with two. Over the course of a full season, that pace would give them 21 points. Oliver Ekman-Larsson's 43 points were the fewest of any player to lead his team in scoring last season, and that was still more than twice what anyone on the Ducks is currently headed for.
  • No one playing for the Ducks has a plus/minus rating higher that zero. Cam Fowler is currently -9. Given that rate over 82 games, he would post a -92 rating, which is worse than the -82 Bill Mikkelson ended up with while playing for the infamously bad 1974-75 Washington Capitals. If you're wondering, the next worst is -61.
  • Speaking of those 1974-75 Capitals, the 21 points they managed in the standings that year matches what the Ducks would get at their current clip. The difference? The Capitals 21 points came in an era when there was no losers point.

Now to reality. I don't believe we'll come anywhere near seeing any of that stuff happen. I just think it puts some interesting perspective on how rough the first eight games have been for Anaheim.

• They've been shutout in 62.5% of their games so far. They're on a pace to be shutout 50 times over the course of the full season. The most times a team has been shutout in a single season is 16. That happened to the 2006-07 Columbus Blue Jackets
  • They're averaging 0.75 goals per game so far. The best goals against average for a goalie over the course of a season was George Hainsworth's 1928-29 0.92. Hainsworth managed a shutout in 22 of the Canadiens' 44 games during that campaign.
  • Hampus Lindholm, Rikard Rakell, and Mike Santorelli are tied for the team lead in points with two. Over the course of a full season, that pace would give them 21 points. Oliver Ekman-Larsson's 43 points were the fewest of any player to lead his team in scoring last season, and that was still more than twice what anyone on the Ducks is currently headed for.
  • No one playing for the Ducks has a plus/minus rating higher that zero. Cam Fowler is currently -9. Given that rate over 82 games, he would post a -92 rating, which is worse than the -82 Bill Mikkelson ended up with while playing for the infamously bad 1974-75 Washington Capitals. If you're wondering, the next worst is -61.
  • Speaking of those 1974-75 Capitals, the 21 points they managed in the standings that year matches what the Ducks would get at their current clip. The difference? The Capitals 21 points came in an era when there was no losers point.

Now to reality. I don't believe we'll come anywhere near seeing any of that stuff happen. I just think it puts some interesting perspective on how rough the first eight games have been for Anaheim.

Back when forward passes were illegal :lol:

Back when forward passes were illegal :lol:

Which means we know the excuse for the Habs' opponents that year. What do the Ducks have to say for themselves?

What, they're legal now?! Sorry, Flyer fan here - we don't see a lot of that. At least not accurate ones.

Philly must be using Internet Explorer to look up the rules.

You give them too much credit.

Netscape Navigator

I think that computer I used at the local library 15 years ago is still trying to load that page I tried to open in that browser.

@2nd String Champ

What in the World?????

No way no how would I have thought this possible, too much talent on the Ducks for this lack of production. Anderssen has been playing his heart out but unless he perfects a way to leave his crease and skate to the other end and score it is all for nothing.

I simply do not get it. After week 1 I acquired Perry in my fantasy league from a panicky owner. Last week I traded for Kesler from another owner who was nervous. After last night I am starting to shake a bit too.

They were the easy odds on favorite to win the West, Chicago was down, Anaheim made some smart moves and improved, a rarity for a true contender in the cap age, depth everywhere.

They just cannot score.

I have seen teams that are snakebit before, when you press the goalie seems to be a Sumu wrestler in net. You start looking for the perfect shot, or worse, out of fear you pass instead. The Ducks are there right now, I still believe they can and will bounce back but at this point Boudreau has to be on life support. A change may be needed.

Hi.  I'm panicky.  :)   I don't regret it.    I think Perry has jumped the shark, actually, but he'll be better once they change coaches.   The team is Boudreau.  He's lost the team.  Make the change now and save the season.

He's lost the team. 

That was my view, but it's actually just a hypothesis in need of substantiation. What are the classic symptoms of when a coach has lost the team? How do you recognize it?

It sounds like they are having trouble scoring, but generating chances. At least lately. So maybe it's just bad luck? 

That was my view, but it's actually just a hypothesis in need of substantiation.

Yeah, that's really all it is.   I think I'm quick to come to that conclusion because I don't (and never have) like(d) the guy as a coach.  I've been saying they don't win a cup until they replace him.  Now, suddenly, it's worse.   I wonder if the players themselves have come to the conclusion that they ultimately won't win with him and know their window is closing.  But it's all just surmising and not exactly objective since I've already said I don't like him (not personally.  I have no idea personally.  Just based on track record vis a vis results.)

Well if that ain't $&$&* in the cornflakes, what is!

Those stats are ugly and deserved so far.

Niemi is starting in net for Dallas tonight!

if you can't score 4 goals on Niemi with that defense in front of him, blow it up!

Did you have to set the bar so high? That was unfair. Now if Niemi plays 45 minutes with no back up goalie, we will get out 4 goals.

Archived