Marchand: Concussion vs Canadiens

TropicalFruitGirl26

ao3p0l1ceaedhxf.jpeg?w=640&h=360

Boston vs Montreal..... 10-10-2015

Rat Down! Rat Down!!

ESPN story link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/13860484/brad-marchand-boston-bruins-indefinitely-concussion

Dale Weise elbow makes contact with Brad Marchand's head.

The hit honestly did not look intentional (looked more like a play where Weise backed up while making a play and Marchand ran into him), but judge for yourself from the video.

Intent or no intent?

Player safety office worthy?

No doubt many may be thinking Mr. Rat got what was coming to him via karma, but still, you never really like to see guys get concussions or worse....also, Dale Weise is not exactly the type of player himself that you nominate for model citizen in the NHL.

Guy has been known to agitate himself and put on some questionable hits during the course of his career.

Still though, from what I can tell, this particular hit really didn't have any 'calculated intent' behind it.... will be interesting to see what the league office has to say (if anything) on this.

What do you guys think?

I don't see intention by Weise.

Also, it's Marchand. Who cares about him?

He's a big part of Boston's demise over the last couple years. The dumb, selfish acts he's made have cost his teammates.

I had a two word ending for this post, but there are kids who post here.

He's a big part of Boston's demise over the last couple years. The dumb, selfish acts he's made have cost his teammates.

He is a very selfish player. There is a fine line that you have to walk in order to be a successful pest type....Ken Linesman was a great example of a pest who was effective...Marchand...no where close to Ken.

I'm no fan of either Sedin twins, but I'll never forget how Marchand laid the wood to Daniel Sedin in front of his net, it was kinda like attacking Mike Bossy, neither Sedin would ever fight, so throwing the lumber in his face was pretty cowardly in my books.

Obviously, Marchand isn't too likable on the ice (I certainly don't care for him as a player), but putting that aside, in the interest of fairness, I take it no one so far thinks Weise had intent?

Not even a bit of "hey, wait, that's Marchand behind me...lemme through this elbow up just a bit......"?

Wouldn't be hard for Weise to 'fake it' as his height compared to Marchand's would make it real easy for him to back elbow him "innocently".

Like I said, I don't think it was intentional...... not sure what the league will think.

If they treat it like a stick infraction (where a player is responsible for his stick regardless), then they MIGHT see some wrong doing on Weise part.

For my money, it looked like it was a hockey move by Weise and Marchand just had the misfortune (or FORTUNE, according to some of us, hehe) of finding the elbow with his head.

I didn't see the game, and the clip I posted doesn't show it, but I wonder what the reaction from the Boston team in general was like.

No Milan Lucic on the team, otherwise, you know he would have been all over somebody....possibly looking to put an over-the-top hit on someone himself.

Also not sure where Chara, McQuaid, Connolly, or Rinaldo were during all this......

LOL...its ENTIRELY possible some of The Rat's own teammates simply shrugged their shoulders....

Archived