Logan Couture injured/on crutches

J0e Th0rnton

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=783323&navid=nhl:topheads

EDit: UGH this video makes it look more serious

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/couture-injured-sharks-practice/

Well crap. Not fun to have one of your best scorers and shutdown center out.

On the other side of the coin, we will get to see Hertl or Tierney in a top 6 C role. Hertl being bumped from 3rd line to 2nd,

Donskoi/Thornton/Pavelski

Marleau/Hertl/Ward

Nieto/Tierney/Wingels

Goodrow/Smith/Brown

Smith has been a healthy scratch, but was 4th line C last year and should be able to jump back into that role. Was not a fan of scratching him over Brown to begin with.

The other option would be Pavelski going back to C, breaking up the Joe's and calling up Goldobin, Jevspalovs, or Meier to Sub in on Thornton's wing.

@J0e Th0rnton

I think Tierney plays on the second line and Hertl stays on the third.

Meier is not coming back this season until the CHL season is over.

I also think you don't break up Pavelski and Thornton. I think you need to see what the young guys can do with a bigger role. Tierney is supposed to replace Thornton someday soon, and this is his chance to prove himself.

@J0e Th0rnton

I think Tierney plays on the second line and Hertl stays on the third.

Meier is not coming back this season until the CHL season is over.

I also think you don't break up Pavelski and Thornton. I think you need to see what the young guys can do with a bigger role. Tierney is supposed to replace Thornton someday soon, and this is his chance to prove himself.

I agree. Tierney was also drafted to be a super defensive center(Was one of the best, but lacked offense), and his offensive explosion the year after his draft took many by surprise.

His speed, defensive awareness and playmaking would fit best on that line.

Goldobin was missing from Cuda practice though and word is, he has been recalled.

Hertl is getting the first crack at the second line, and I don't think he looked that good. We'll see.

On the bright side, Couture should be back in a little over a month.

I think he looked fine. I backchecking well and scored an assist in the first game. However, I feel Tierney's speed, playmaking and two way play makes him a more natural fit for that 2nd line

Archived