Karri Ramo Waived

J0e Th0rnton

Aside from Buffalo (where he's probably going), is it too far fetched to see Ramo go to the Blues? Elliot is getting older, and Jake Allen doesn't seem to be their goalie of the future that they envisioned. Maybe they snag up Ramo to see what he can do for them? 

I had *no* idea that Ramo was 29 years old....this explains a lot ......he really does have no upside, what you see is what you get....and apparently, the Flames did not like what they got....lol.

I had *no* idea that Ramo was 29 years old....this explains a lot ......he really does have no upside, what you see is what you get....and apparently, the Flames did not like what they got....lol.

He really doesn't have an upside. On a better team maybe as a seldom used backup. Nothing more.

Aside from Buffalo (where he's probably going), is it too far fetched to see Ramo go to the Blues? Elliot is getting older, and Jake Allen doesn't seem to be their goalie of the future that they envisioned. Maybe they snag up Ramo to see what he can do for them? 

Brian Elliot is 30? That's old? He is a very decent goalie. He won't ever been a top 5 goalie for sure, but he's a lot better than anyone Calgary has.

As far as Jake Allen is concerned, I don't think anyone is giving up on the 25 year old. He is struggling through three games, but he had a 2.28 GAA last year. That's not bad at all.

Ramo, Ramo, Ramo.....career backup, good Euro league goalie, may be an outstanding AHL starter....not much to see here I'm afraid...even for a team like the Sabres.

Flames either need to hope Hiller gets his head out of his arse or they just need to call up some teams about getting a legit, or soon to be legit, NHL goaltender....and be prepared to give something to get something.

@ScottM  I had to cut Hillier in my other fantasy league, he has been horrible. Kinda shocked with Ramo, he was young and fairly promising.

They both scare the life out of me in net, but Ramo scares me a little more. Even saying that, they've both been worse than normal early this season. They've been one of the biggest issues for the Flames. Maybe Ortio will be the answer, but he's definitely unproven right now, so that's kind of scary too.

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2015 at 3:06 PM, ScottM said:

They both scare the life out of me in net, but Ramo scares me a little more. Even saying that, they've both been worse than normal early this season. They've been one of the biggest issues for the Flames. Maybe Ortio will be the answer, but he's definitely unproven right now, so that's kind of scary too.

Karri Is done for the year now torn ACL....from the Sharks game.

Archived