The "Rinaldo wasn't suspended" thread.

hf101

22 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will Rinaldo be suspended for?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything less than 8 games will be a travesty of justice.

1.Puck was long gone from the play.

2.Couturier was already engaged with another player at the time of contact, not in any position to defend himself.

3.Rinaldo launches his body upwards through Couturier's head, which was the primary point of contact.

I know the Flyers ended up with a 5 minute PP , BUT, Rinaldo should have been taken to task by anyone who was on the ice at the time. Suspensions are not how you get through the thick skull of someone like Rinaldo.

When you target the head and you meant to do it, the penalty should be severe. Rinaldo basically needs to have his livelihood threatened....give him double digits and tell him next time (and there WILL be a next time) it will be a ban for the entire season .....this is the type of thing the nhl should be targeting 

What a POS, Couturier is (and not saying this because he is a Flyer) the least threatening/instigating/pestering/a-hole player on the Flyers. Why did he do that? Because he was traded? Because he has no talent? F-him. Players like him are a dying breed and rightfully so. 

Rinaldo wouldn't have a job in the NHL if he didn't play with an edge. I'm not saying I agree with that, but it's the truth. He's not even an adequate NHL 4th liner.

I think the NHL will come down harder than usual. In fact, I think they will be doing so for most such players moving forward. The concussion stuff isn't going away. They're going to keep beefing up the punishment every year until the Rinaldos of the NHL are weeded out, and I'm 100% okay with that.

10 games.

I can see 5 games if Couturier is able to play Saturday. I can also see a statement type suspension, 20 games, something big and dramatic. (edit: I don't think he "launched himself" but his skates do come off the ice a bit. That's why I figure if C is okay then the suspension may be minimal.)

I just hope Couturier is alright and doesn't have a concussion.

He is a repeat offender.  Plus he purposely targeted Coots head.  I say 12-15 games.  He is the Bruins problem now.  Glad Hexy fleeced them for a 3rd round pick.  Zac will never get it!.  Appreciate he plays with an edge but he crosses the line too much.  Like I said...he is now the Bruins problem.

Hope Coots is ok.....

From the camera angle (since they apparently only have one), it looks like a clean hit. He hits him in the upper part of the chest.

That's a 0 game suspension.

:blink[1]:

Are you being contrary or do you really not see him hit Coots full in the face?

At least 12 games. I agree with previous posters though that the NHL might be really ramping up suspensions on hits to the head, so I wouldn't be surprised to see like 20 games, either.

And Gudas or LSchenn or someone, anyone, needs to beat the crap out of him at the next opportunity.

Are you being contrary or do you really not see him hit Coots full in the face?

I guess different people see different things. I think there was a little contact with the head, mostly after he hit him in the upper chest. I never saw the angle where he "hit coots full in the face"

I guess different people see different things. I think there was a little contact with the head, mostly after he hit him in the upper chest. I never saw the angle where he "hit coots full in the face"

It's in the video HF posted in this thread.  I don't see chest at all until after he got the head "out of the way."  Every angle.

@icehole

look around the 27 second mark of the video that HF posted. It's basically all shoulder to the chin and face. He even left his feet prior to contact. 

If McQauid wasn't behind Couturier that hit would have been a lot worse. 

Archived