Johansen out of Shape, benched.

hf101

454940603_slide.jpg

Tortorella seems to be playing the role management wants him too as he benched Johansen in the third period against the Wild, he didn’t get a shift in the final 6:10 while losing 3-2. 

Last year Columbus management told Johansen that he was out of shape as he held out on his contract dispute, but the same seems to be true this year also as Tortorella role appears to be to get on the case of their #1 center. 

The Jackets take on the Aves tonight in Colorado, probably the worst  place to play if your're out of shape, - let's see if Dubinsky stays on the top line.

454940603_slide.jpg

Tortorella seems to be playing the role management wants him too as he benched Johansen in the third period against the Wild, he didn’t get a shift in the final 6:10 while losing 3-2. 

Last year Columbus management told Johansen that he was out of shape as he held out on his contract dispute, but the same seems to be true this year also as Tortorella role appears to be to get on the case of their #1 center. 

The Jackets take on the Aves tonight in Colorado, probably the worst  place to play if your're out of shape, - let's see if Dubinsky stays on the top line.

But, but he's a star and he just got a new deal...but but...give him more doughnuts!!!!

Good grief. The old idea (and I should know) of benching guys who don't perform when they already have a contract in their pocket, won't work with todays' players.

Jeez, read a book Torts. Read a magazine. The clock is ticking for you.....

It pizzes me off to no end that any professional athlete can show up camp and not be in shape.  They get paid A LOT of money, it's their job!!!

It's like us being out partying all night and showing up for work the next day unable to perform.  How long would that go on and we'd be more than benched....

Sorry, rant over....spoiled athletes make me mad :angry:

It pizzes me off to no end that any professional athlete can show up camp and not be in shape.  They get paid A LOT of money, it's their job!!!

It's like us being out partying all night and showing up for work the next day unable to perform.  How long would that go on and we'd be more than benched....

Sorry, rant over....spoiled athletes make me mad :angry:

Well, given that Tortz has come out and said Brooks is full of crap(That journalist always had it out for him), and that Johansen is now under medical observation due to unknown reasons, we may have been too hard on them lol

Archived