Gagner is Giroux's shootoout catalyst

LegionOfDoom

Penalty shots: Sick goals, sick goals.

It seemed like Gagner's is giving Giroux some healthy..."check out my next move, game on ice", I think if Gagner goes to Giroux's line, they will be talked about in the league as one of the premier scoring lines in the league.

I like Raffle's determination, Gagner might seem a little more creative or attempt to go for it creative approach, that could result in Giroux and Jake to start scoring on 5 vs 5 with a more frequent result.

Great, crazy overtime, it looks like the Flyers positioning is showing as having been coached more than the Rangers and I believe that will be the Rangers weakness this year.

It would be interesting to see Gagner on the top line. He might bring the punch that is missing right now.

On the other hand, he really adds depth and creativity to whatever line he's been on so far - which is a needed thing on this team. I think you definitely weaken the lineup with something like Raffl/Laughton/Umberger (once Couturier comes back).

Still, I think it would be worth trying, especially if Raffl is out for any length of time. I imagine Vinny would fill in somewhere.

Post game interview had Giroux stating that Raffl was much better.  He said he was a bit worried when he asked him to move over on the bench and he didn't move.  Raffl took a shot to the chin.  Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Good to hear. It's taken awhile but Raffl working the top line has grown on me. He is tenacious and seems to have no fear up against bigger stronger guys down low. He's far from the ideal complement to G/Jake but he's holding up his end pretty well.

It is a definite conversation topic, but our 5 vs 5 is not an asset right now, if we could boost that, I would definitely put that into play during the long haul of this season.

I think Read, Cooter, Schenn would provide another jolt on 5 vs 5.

Raffle is pretty solid and him being on Laughton's line would open up his ability to not go up against the top teams other line as they would be focused on Giroux's line.

Laughton brings a great drive and he shoots top shelf which upsets me so much that, I don't see why the other guys don't try it more often. Example the Flyers would of put tonight's game with a 5 to 2 win, if they had just taken it top shelf instead of trying to zip it across the low side ice.

Laughton is a breathe of fresh air, and I welcome his shot on goal all day.

RJ has a new lease on life and is a question mark on that line, but he is definitely answering his critics with his fast hustle, defense and offensive assistance, that he could be the net front presence, while Raffle can skate around and elect to pass to Laughton for a rooftop goal or a shot on net so that RJ can cash in on the rebound.

Though actually I would look at a line of Raffle, Laughton, Simmonds, for the exact same reason of Simmonds having the net front presence. 

That leaves us to RJ playing on Pierre's Line.

It's a little crowded right now, but I really would like Schenn to be on Sean's line with Read. I would be fine with all the other lines, if coach Hakstol just made that change.

For now. 

I remember a player who was promoted to Giroux's line and scored I believe three goals in his first three games on that line, then got sent back down to the AHL after Giroux just complemented him on how they like him on his line and how he opens up the ice for them and gives them(Giroux and Jake) time and space to do their thing and soon after this player gets traded away....what????!!!!

Though his critics said he wasn't consistent and would have nights off.

Can you guess who that was?

Archived