Missed the last few games

King Knut

WTF is going on is that the Flyers are basically the same team as last year with improvements from a few players.

Read is making good things happen on his shifts and BSchenn is working hard consistently but Jake, Giroux and Simmonds all seem a bit lost out there - Jake prob has as many TOs as shots (a lot), Giroux is playing way too loose esp on the PP - not in a good way - and Simmonds looks like he's unsure where he's supposed to be half the time.

But Gagner looks good, Read I mentioned already, Umberger at least can skate now (doesn't do much else tho) and the D, for all its marginal players isn't the worst bunch in the NHL. When the fwds backcheck and the team is flowing shift to shift - like the Hawks' game and the Stars game - the Flyers are not terrible. They're not great, far from "elite" of course but they're not terrible. Unfortunately they'll prob be just bad enough to miss the POs but good enough to miss any chance at a high pick.

Well, here's a summary.

28th in goals for (only Toronto and Anaheim are more anemic).

20th in goals against. 

27th in PIMs per game (i.e. 4th most penalized team in NHL).

21st in faceoff %.

23rd on the PP.

25th on the PK.

2nd most shots per game, but also 2nd most shots allowed per game.

Sooo..... as a result we are 21st overall in the NHL.

He has more goals (4) than anyone on our team except for Brayden Schenn (4).

Oh i know i was just poking fun because me and Jammer were just having conversations with other still complaining about that trade is all.

Just not sure where those post were...i was saying i'm happy he is gone it's not like he would have been the answer to the top LW problems no because he still has compete/consistency issues.

I just wasn't happy with the return for him.

WTF is going on is that the Flyers are basically the same team as last year with improvements from a few players.

Read is making good things happen on his shifts and BSchenn is working hard consistently but Jake, Giroux and Simmonds all seem a bit lost out there - Jake prob has as many TOs as shots (a lot), Giroux is playing way too loose esp on the PP - not in a good way - and Simmonds looks like he's unsure where he's supposed to be half the time.

But Gagner looks good, Read I mentioned already, Umberger at least can skate now (doesn't do much else tho) and the D, for all its marginal players isn't the worst bunch in the NHL. When the fwds backcheck and the team is flowing shift to shift - like the Hawks' game and the Stars game - the Flyers are not terrible. They're not great, far from "elite" of course but they're not terrible. Unfortunately they'll prob be just bad enough to miss the POs but good enough to miss any chance at a high pick.

Okay but why aren't they back checking? Where's the energy from the first games?

Where's the coverage when th D punches that was there?

Why does jake look so lost? Etc?

Hakstol has not yet employed his steely-eyed glare. Once he looks into their souls with that laser focus, the team will be intimidated into playing as a cohesive unit. It's like the Stevens cake baking thing only meaner. :)

Well, here's a summary.

28th in goals for (only Toronto and Anaheim are more anemic).

20th in goals against.

27th in PIMs per game (i.e. 4th most penalized team in NHL).

21st in faceoff %.

23rd on the PP.

25th on the PK.

2nd most shots per game, but also 2nd most shots allowed per game.

Sooo..... as a result we are 21st overall in the NHL.

I don't expect them to be gold this year. But I do expect their regressions in approach and execution and intensity to be limit dntona game or two before seeing a correction in play if not results.

Archived