Should Full Disclosure of Injuries be Mandatory?

WordsOfWisdom

Anyone else had their fill of "upper body injury" and "lower body injury"?

I would like to see the league mandate that teams have to disclose the actual injury. Failing that, I would like for the sports media websites to just GUESS the dang injury based on the highlight footage and report something (even if it's wrong). That way the team can either live with the misrepresentation or come out and correct it with the proper data.

Fans aren't stupid. It's pretty obvious what the injury is most of the time. Teams should just report it accurately and quit with this nonsense of trying to "hide" injuries from other teams.

Thoughts?  :)

Upper and Lower is perfect....other teams target specific areas and these guys have careers and families to watch over.

In my opinion, this is the only answer that is needed for this thread.

Never put a player at risk by disclosing a weakness that a thousand big, strong, tough men can target to "earn" their spot on a team or their pay cheque.

Anyone else had their fill of "upper body injury" and "lower body injury"?

I would like to see the league mandate that teams have to disclose the actual injury. Failing that, I would like for the sports media websites to just GUESS the dang injury based on the highlight footage and report something (even if it's wrong). That way the team can either live with the misrepresentation or come out and correct it with the proper data.

Fans aren't stupid. It's pretty obvious what the injury is most of the time. Teams should just report it accurately and quit with this nonsense of trying to "hide" injuries from other teams.

Thoughts?  :)

No.

Players have been shown to intentionally target "Just recovered" body parts. In obvious cases, we know the problem, but some players get listed as "Upper body" when they have a slight leg injury just to throw the other team off. Always a career AHL 4th line call up jobber like Moore out there who will run those body parts if announced.

Bingo, exactly. Why paint a target on your body?

Wouldn't the player be healthy once he returned from injury?  ie: If you break your wrist, you're not going to play again until it's 100%. This is the regular season we're talking about, not the playoffs. Nobody is going to rush their recovery to come back before the playoffs.  Yay/nay? :):(

Wouldn't the player be healthy once he returned from injury?  ie: If you break your wrist, you're not going to play again until it's 100%. This is the regular season we're talking about, not the playoffs. Nobody is going to rush their recovery to come back before the playoffs.  Yay/nay? :):(

I doubt that. If you strain a muscle or something like that, you can come back and still be sore. People play with busted fingers, sore joints etc.. I wouldn't want the whole league knowing My left calf is recovering from a pull etc.

Archived