Game #12 - Flyers at Oilers - Nov 3 2015 - 9:00 ET

brelic

Meltzer's preview: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-11315--EDM-Plus-Flyers-Canucks-Wrapup/45/72204

FLYERS 

12 Michael Raffl - 28 - Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
89 Sam Gagner - 21 Scott Laughton - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 25 Ryan White - 20 R.J. Umberger

15 Michael Del Zotto - 32 Mark Streit
55 Nick Schultz - 22 Luke Schenn 
82 Evgeny Medvedev - 3 Radko Gudas

30 Michal Neuvirth
[35 Steve Mason]

Scratches: one among Brandon Manning or Luke Schenn or Radko Gudas (healthy), Chris Conner (healthy), Sean Couturier (questionable, concussion), Vincent Lecavalier (healthy, likely to be scratched if Couturier can play), Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (IR, lower body).

OILERS

4 Taylor Hall - 93 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 29 Leon Draisaitl
67 Benoit Pouliot - 97 Connor McDavid - 10 Nal Yakupov
23 Matt Hendricks - 55 Mark Letestu - 16 Teddy Purcell
20 Luke Gazdic - 51 Anton Lander - 26 Iiro Pakarinen

2 Andrej Sekera - 5 Mark Fayne
77 Oskar Klefbom - 88 Brandon Davidson
25 Darnell Nurse - 21 Andrew Ference

33 Cam Talbot
[39 Anders Nilsson] 

Scratches: Griffin Reinhart (healthy), Eric Gryba (healthy), Anton Slepyshev (healthy), Lauri Korpikoski (day-to-day, upper body), Jordan Eberle (IR, shoulder), Justin Schultz (IR, undisclosed), Rob Klinkhammer (IR, undisclosed).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up Dratsaitl in the keeper league for a test run. He plays so similar to Jumbo Joe that I think he will be staying this time. Albeit on wing instead of at C, where he is at his best.

I am still in the "Give the kids a shot" phase of my rebuild in keeper lol. But when Frans Nielsen was one of your keepers, you kinda have to clean house

This is a character test. Last night was embarrassing. Let's hope there's effort.  The Rogers feed last night was interesting--they were down on the Flyers goalkeeping and effort. No Comcast homers on the Center Ice feed.  Maybe I stay awake watching...or maybe....

Howie

Berube can laugh all he wants.

He's not doing anything else these days.

Certainly not coaching an NHL team, for example...

:hocky:

Some could also argue that Hakstol isn't coaching an NHL team either. :ph34r:  :hocky:

Some could also argue that Hakstol isn't coaching an NHL team either. :ph34r:  :hocky:

Ouch.  :(  I actually thought they were playing reasonably OK last night and deserved a better fate. In fact, they even dominated in stretches.  

But all in all, this should hardly be coming  as a surprise to anyone. They are icing practically the same personnel as the last year.  Hextall's hands are completely tied, until dead contracts will start going away.

have not posted in a while. But after watching the games front he start this team looked bright and a playoff chance could happen, but now after watching the last few games they are back to last years same habits, nobody going to the net, lazy skating and back-checking, poor d list goes on.

and for the love me I cannot stomach watching Vinny which everyone already knows, Read, Manning, VandeVelde, White, I see nothing special in anyone they bring nothing to the table.

I found the post belong very interesting from someone on Facebook Flyers page I belong to who went the the flyers sabres game

Not a coaching issue 'directly' per se, but clearly this team is rebelling against Hackstol and does not believe in his system. They are doing the total opposite on the ice during the games than they do in practice (and I've been to many already this year). I've seen teams do this in the past when they dont gel with the coach, they shut down during the game. Classic rebellious attitude and quite frankly, very immature and unprofessional. Im not calling for Hackstol's head but he needs to try another approach/system that the players will support AND this team needs to support their coach no matter what. The home game vs Buffalo when Giroux lost it on the bench and started ripping the coaches and team...then Hackstol fired back at him telling him to use that energy on the ice crushed G's spirit (and the team's) imo. I was right behind the bench and heard everything that was said. They just hung their heads after that exchange and folded.

have not posted in a while. But after watching the games front he start this team looked bright and a playoff chance could happen, but now after watching the last few games they are back to last years same habits, nobody going to the net, lazy skating and back-checking, poor d list goes on.

See that's the thing though that some seem to be forgetting.  This team is largely the same exact team as last year.  What was going to change over the summer besides the outside chance a few draft picks make the team?  

I fully expected this.  A few (lucky frankly) wins in the beginning of the season wasn't going to change the overall forecast.

and for the love me I cannot stomach watching Vinny which everyone already knows, Read, Manning, VandeVelde, White, I see nothing special in anyone they bring nothing to the table.

I found the post belong very interesting from someone on Facebook Flyers page I belong to who went the the flyers sabres game

Not a coaching issue 'directly' per se, but clearly this team is rebelling against Hackstol and does not believe in his system. They are doing the total opposite on the ice during the games than they do in practice (and I've been to many already this year). I've seen teams do this in the past when they dont gel with the coach, they shut down during the game. Classic rebellious attitude and quite frankly, very immature and unprofessional. Im not calling for Hackstol's head but he needs to try another approach/system that the players will support AND this team needs to support their coach no matter what. The home game vs Buffalo when Giroux lost it on the bench and started ripping the coaches and team...then Hackstol fired back at him telling him to use that energy on the ice crushed G's spirit (and the team's) imo. I was right behind the bench and heard everything that was said. They just hung their heads after that exchange and folded.

These were the EXACT types of posts Oilers fans would see from people who attended practice and then watched the games during Dallas Eakins' years. Not a good sign if true.

See that's the thing though that some seem to be forgetting. This team is largely the same exact team as last year.

And 10 forwards. half the defense and two goalies are under contract for next year, too.

The best part of this game is almost certain to be McDavid. The best player to come around in years, riding a month-long high, walking on the ice vs what is pretty close to being the worst defensive core in the league... the TSN  Sportsnet crowd will be watching intently, cameras focused.

The best part of this game is almost certain to be McDavid. The best player to come around in years, riding a month-long high, walking on the ice vs what is pretty close to being the worst defensive core in the league... the TSN  Sportsnet crowd will be watching intently, cameras focused.

Yeah Mcdavid is just salivating to get a chance to get at the Flyers pylon defense!!!

stock-photo-multiple-orange-construction

Flyers blueline!

And 10 forwards. half the defense and two goalies are under contract for next year, too.

It was always 2017-2018 until the real change comes.  Thankfully we seem to have a GM that understands that patience is the key to winning.  I'm on Hexy's train for the long haul.  Just hoping that he doesn't get derailed by the pressure from the fans and Mr. Burns.

It was always 2017-2018 until the real change comes.  Thankfully we seem to have a GM that understands that patience is the key to winning.  I'm on Hexy's train for the long haul.  Just hoping that he doesn't get derailed by the pressure from the fans and Mr. Burns.

I am worried that ol' Burnsie vocally thinks this is no doubt™ a playoff team. And I really don't think the understands just how wretched a GM Holmgren was.

They better be prepared to sign some buyout checks and take a few long term cap hits.

I am actually on board with the process. At least it isn't a Sam Hinkie-sized disaster.

Whether it all works out in the end remains to be seen...

Howdy:

I agree with the gist here that it will be '17'-'18 before we make waves.  And I think Hexy gets it. But I don't rule out some dump/shake-up trades even if their return is draft picks.  I don't think H-squared will let things go below .500 for long.

Howie

I am worried that ol' Burnsie vocally thinks this is no doubt a playoff team. And I really don't think the understands just how wretched a GM Holmgren was.

They better be prepared to sign some buyout checks and take a few long term cap hits.

I am actually on board with the process. At least it isn't a Sam Hinkie-sized disaster.

Whether it all works out in the end remains to be seen...

WTF???

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN  27m27 minutes ago

Manning remains in the lineup tonight; Medvedev remains out of the lineup

Did they watch Manning play last night??? Are they showcasing him or something???

Archived