Some much need levity by Peter the Great

murraycraven

It’s been awhile since we’ve seen the great Peter Forsberg in action, but now we get the chance, as he plays under the disguise of men’s league player, Kent. Much like we’ve seen guys like Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love do so in the basketball world, Forsberg decided to play in a men’s league game, with nobody knowing who he is. 

Forsberg starts out as a brutal player, as even his teammates stop passing him the puck, but then slowly starts to turn it on show flashes of his former self. Watching the reactions of the players as the game goes on is what makes it, as they slowly start to realize they’re playing with a living legend. 

http://tv.aftonbladet.se/abtv/articles/97417

That was some great stuff there!

Just goes to show the elite skill level of the NHL's best or even former NHL best like Forsberg....where even after his long departure from the NHL, can skate and play circles around a group of guys who are supposed to be pretty good themselves.

Got me to thinking...this would be like if Jackie Chan or the great, late Bruce Lee visited one of our dojangs, performed terribly, had us all criticizing him....only for us to realize who he really was!

Talk about getting swerved....haha.

Thanks for posting this @murraycraven , made me smile! :)

I long for the days when we had a player ( Forsberg) who could actually control the puck in the offensive zone and make a tape to tape passes versus the slap stick hockey the team now plays.

Archived