Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Yotes Jackets

Last movie you saw

jammer2    4,673
On 7/25/2017 at 10:05 AM, fanaticV3.0 said:

The Conjuring 2. It wasn’t as good as the first one, which I think is excellent, but it was still pretty damn good. That’s a nice little supernatural/are series they’ve got going on. I know that there are several spinoffs in the works too.

Both Conjuring 1 and 2 scared the bejesus out of me!!  The Nun in the 2nd one is getting her own background movie. 

fanaticV3.0    690
2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Both Conjuring 1 and 2 scared the bejesus out of me!!  The Nun in the 2nd one is getting her own background movie. 

Me too, I thought they were pretty awesome. Definitely some of the better horror movies  in years. I think the chemistry between the two main stars is very good  and it feels like the genuinely  care about the people they are trying to help.

I think I read somewhere that the Crooked Man is too. They are working on creating a little Conjuring universe.

jammer2    4,673
30 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

Me too, I thought they were pretty awesome. Definitely some of the better horror movies  in years. I think the chemistry between the two main stars is very good  and it feels like the genuinely  care about the people they are trying to help.

I think I read somewhere that the Crooked Man is too. They are working on creating a little Conjuring universe.

Yep, the Nun, Crooked Man and the Anabelle prequel make it 6 movies in the Conjuring universe. Hopefully, many more to follow. I will look forward to each and every new one coming out!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/860363-annabelle-creation-conjuring-universe#/slide/1

Edited by jammer2

fanaticV3.0    690
On 7/25/2017 at 11:33 AM, Poulin20 said:

I don't get them either...that is not to say that I am against hard work but work/life balance is key.  If that cutie walked into my life and agreed to be my GF I would have told Fletcher to go and pound sand in a heartbeat and just stayed on at Shaffer while pursuing a normal course of studies.  It may of not worked out with Nicole in the end but to chase the dragon with Fletcher rather than let the relationship play out was an absolute fool's errand IMHO.

I agree that it was a good movie, just very tragic.

Off of the top of my head I can think of about five or so that I have worked with  and almost none of them seemed like happy people. One specifically seemed somewhat happy. She loved her job  and believed in the cause, but was a very stressed-out person and essentially a nun.

fanaticV3.0    690
23 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Yep, the Nun, Crooked Man and the Anabelle prequel make it 6 movies in the Conjuring universe. Hopefully, many more to follow. I will look forward to each and every new one coming out!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/860363-annabelle-creation-conjuring-universe#/slide/1

I remember when I was a kid thinking and actually saying out loud it would be awesome if someone were to make sequels about something that was going on in the background or in another part of the world at the same time. I didn't know about the word spinoff  and I don't think the word universe existed in terms of movies or television shows, but that's exactly what I was thinking.

• Like 1

jammer2    4,673

I just read this today for the first time, but apparently, M. Night Shalyman's Unbreakable and Split are from the same universe. This was revealed at the end of Split. The 3rd installment comes Jan 2, 2019 when Glass is released. 

Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson will appear in all 3. 

Edited by jammer2

jammer2    4,673
On 7/22/2017 at 4:37 PM, MadDevil said:

Lost City of Z, while I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, it's pretty forgettable. Every time I see Charlie Hunnam in anything I always picture Jax Teller, so it's kind of hard to view him in any other type of role.

Zactly, you see Jax every single time. I think it was one of the reasons why King Arther was such a huge flop. Lost City of Z was just barely ok. The only movie I ever liked Charlie in was Pacific Rim....and that was just about my love for Monsters more than anything he did. He might just have one of those careers where he does not come back from being Jax.....kinda like the kid in Leave it to Beaver, the public would just not accept him as anything else. 

fanaticV3.0    690
On 8/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, jammer2 said:

I just read this today for the first time, but apparently, M. Night Shalyman's Unbreakable and Split are from the same universe. This was revealed at the end of Split. The 3rd installment comes Jan 2, 2019 when Glass is released. 

Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson will appear in all 3. 

Oh yeah, you didn't know that? Did you not see Split? I'm definitely interested in this too, because it's a toned down/more real-world based version of comic book characters.

fanaticV3.0    690

War for the Planet of the Apes. I really liked it. I thought it was a great conclusion to the trilogy. As much as I like the original movie, this series makes it look amateur. It’s really very good. Caesar’s character development is phenomenal and the evolution of secondary characters like Maurice and Rocket just adds so much more depth to this movie.

nossagog    914

The Dark Tower.    The adaption of Stephen Kings Dark Tower series.   Probably was a little disappointed as I'm a big fan of the books.   The plot was based on the books, and all the elements in the movie were from the book.  But it was like mushing seven or so books into 90 minutes of film.  People who are not fans were probably lost on the plot line and references.  This is apparently going to set up a TV series, we'll see how that works out. 

jammer2    4,673
3 hours ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

Oh yeah, you didn't know that? Did you not see Split? I'm definitely interested in this too, because it's a toned down/more real-world based version of comic book characters.

I watched Split, but don't remember the Willis scene, must have left the room at a bad time. 

fanaticV3.0    690
20 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I watched Split, but don't remember the Willis scene, must have left the room at a bad time. 

And you didn't go back and watch it? I have to either pause  the movie if I leave the room or go back and watch what I missed.

Did you like it?  I thought it was good.

fanaticV3.0    690
21 hours ago, nossagog said:

The Dark Tower.    The adaption of Stephen Kings Dark Tower series.   Probably was a little disappointed as I'm a big fan of the books.   The plot was based on the books, and all the elements in the movie were from the book.  But it was like mushing seven or so books into 90 minutes of film.  People who are not fans were probably lost on the plot line and references.  This is apparently going to set up a TV series, we'll see how that works out. 

It's a sequel, not an adaptation of any of the books.

jammer2    4,673
1 hour ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

And you didn't go back and watch it? I have to either pause  the movie if I leave the room or go back and watch what I missed.

Did you like it?  I thought it was good.

It was one of those things that I knew I had to go back, was distracted from the get go. I saw probably 80% of it, and what I saw I really liked. I find with M.Night Shaly it is either real good, or real bad. The Villiage was a waste of time, the Lady in the Water was really stinky, but a lot of his other stuff is awesome. 

nossagog    914
1 hour ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

It's a sequel, not an adaptation of any of the books.

A sequel????   I don't think there was ever a movie about the Dark Tower series before??

fanaticV3.0    690
2 hours ago, nossagog said:

A sequel????   I don't think there was ever a movie about the Dark Tower series before??

from Wikipedia:

The Dark Tower is a 2017 American science fantasy western film[4] directed and co-written by Nikolaj Arcel. A continuation of Stephen King's novel series of the same name, the film stars Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, a gunslinger on a quest to protect the Dark Tower – a mythical structure which supports all realities – and Matthew McConaughey as his nemesis, Walter o'Dim, the Man in Black.[5]

Intended to launch a film and television franchise, the first installment combines elements from several novels in the eight-volume series, and takes place in both modern-day New York City and in Mid-World, Roland's Old West-style parallel universe. The film also serves as a canonical sequel to the novel series, which concludes with the revelation that Roland's quest is a cyclical time loop; the presence of the Horn of Eld, which Roland carries in the film, indicates that this is the next cycle.[6][7][8]

nossagog    914

@fanaticV3.0   I guess it all depends on who's reviews and interpretation you read on this.  I never saw the project as a sequel, and even some of Kings comments made is sound not to be.    He had an interview where he talked about a sequel to the movie, after a possible start of a TV series, that would carry on more on line with the books.  Which makes me think he wanted it to be more of an adaption than a sequel.     It may be how they are trying to sell it to appease the fans of the book.   

Either way, I'm not sure it worked well, and I doubt after reading reviews that its going to move forward on either media.