Proposed Amendments to the Dookie Award

WordsOfWisdom

I'm hoping this becomes a thing around NHL circles someday. (Kind of like the razzies in the movie industry or whatever they're called.) Full credit goes to TFG for thinking of the idea!  :wub[1]:

So basically, last season TFG was awarding a "dookie award" (looks like a dog taking a dump) to each team that got eliminated from playoff contention and then ultimately the playoffs too. My contention is that making the playoffs is already a good thing, so the award (if it is to represent crap) should be limited to the 14 teams that miss the playoffs -- the teams that actually are crap. (Otherwise it waters down the dookie.)

Furthermore, I would propose a special dookie award to the FIRST team eliminated from playoff contention since this is a momentous occasion (as far as being crap is concerned). It could be called the "golden dookie" award. The rest of the dookies handed out would be regular dookie awards.

What do you think?  :)

lol,

or maybe the Golden Dookie should be awarded to the 2nd team to miss the playoffs since they were not bad enough to be considered the last place team.  

or maybe the Golden Dookie should be awarded to the last place team if they don't win the draft lottery.

lol,

or maybe the Golden Dookie should be awarded to the 2nd team to miss the playoffs since they were not bad enough to be considered the last place team.  

or maybe the Golden Dookie should be awarded to the last place team if they don't win the draft lottery.

LOL.  :lol:

This would be a great opportunity to give the new "award" some incredible media exposure! If the Leafs were the inaugural winner of the "golden dookie" award, it could be displayed on Toronto sports talk shows like Tim and Sid, Primetime Sports, Sportsline, etc....

We could have T-shirts or jerseys made up that say "I want my Dookie!" or "Release the Dookie!" (or something to that effect) that fans could wear to games. The NHL would never acknowledge it officially, but this could be a big deal!

:D

I've long been a proponent of adding a new bowl game to college football's schedule. It would be called the Toilet Bowl and would match the two worst teams in the country against one another. In that same line of thought, I support the concept here, but I have one problem. Why should the league's biggest loser get anything golden? Shouldn't this be the "Pewter Dookie" or something of that sort?

I've long been a proponent of adding a new bowl game to college football's schedule. It would be called the Toilet Bowl and would match the two worst teams in the country against one another. In that same line of thought, I support the concept here, but I have one problem. Why should the league's biggest loser get anything golden? Shouldn't this be the "Pewter Dookie" or something of that sort?

I was thinking it's "golden" in the same manner that a "golden sombraro" is golden in baseball lol.

How about the "steaming" dookie award instead?  :)

So 13 teams get a dookie award, and 1 team gets the steaming dookie award.

I was thinking it's "golden" in the same manner that a "golden sombraro" is golden in baseball lol.

How about the "steaming" dookie award instead?  :)

So 13 teams get a dookie award, and 1 team gets the steaming dookie award.

Well,  I don't follow baseball enough to know about the sombraro, but yeah, I get what you're saying.

Even so, I like this new idea better. The "Steaming Dookie" would be the perfect award.  Should we retroactively give last year's Steaming Dookie to the Sabres? Lol

Well,  I don't follow baseball enough to know about the sombraro, but yeah, I get what you're saying.

Even so, I like this new idea better. The "Steaming Dookie" would be the perfect award.  Should we retroactively give last year's Steaming Dookie to the Sabres? Lol

Sure!  :D

Out of curiosity, if we trace back the history, would the Leafs lead the NHL in dookie awards?

Archived