Canada White wins World U17

flyercanuck

Might have been interesting to see what a real (combined) Canada team would have done. I don't understand why, in today's world where there are lots of top players in many other countries, Canada would send two teams anyway.

Anyway, good on us I guess.  :)

@flyercanuck  Wow, Diepeitro had some nice stats in that tourny, looks like he played all the games for his team....1.75 GGA and .929 sv%....I saw the kid play once on tv, he is super quick....think he was the Spits 2nd round pick this year. Has a bright future.

@flyercanuck   After giving away their 1st rounder last year, the Bolts made a nice 2nd round pick in Stephens. Stevie seems to favour the OHL when drafting, never a bad thing. The Spits have a Bolts 6th round pick from 2 years ago, Digiacinto, like his game...very nice late pick.

I went to most of these games, including the Bronze and Gold games, because they were in FSJ/Dawson Creek. And the 1 player that impressed me the most was Tippett. Obviously he got a hat trick and a lot of attention, but it was well deserved. He had probably one of the best releases that I've seen in a while and I think was the only kid who got a good one-timer away all tourney lol. Natural shooter, reminded me a lot of a guy like Seguin,  wouldn't be surprised if we hear a lot more of him in a few years.

Archived