News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Sign in to follow this  
flyercanuck

Canada White wins World U17

Owen Tippett scored in each period as Canada White beat team Russia 6-2. Russia advanced to the gold game by beating Canada Red in the 6th round of the shootout. Where the hell was Canada Black?

@flyercanuck  Can you find rosters for the Canadian teams? I think the Spits have a 16 year old goalie in that tourny, but can't confirm.

Edited by jammer2

Might have been interesting to see what a real (combined) Canada team would have done. I don't understand why, in today's world where there are lots of top players in many other countries, Canada would send two teams anyway.

Anyway, good on us I guess.  :)

@flyercanuck  Wow, Diepeitro had some nice stats in that tourny, looks like he played all the games for his team....1.75 GGA and .929 sv%....I saw the kid play once on tv, he is super quick....think he was the Spits 2nd round pick this year. Has a bright future.

@BluPuk

3 teams. Red/White/Black. We used to have 5 until a couple years ago. And ya, I don't know of another country being that "sporting" about it.

@jammer2

I was trying to find out if Tippett was Daves son. Turns out he's Mitchell Stephens cousin.

@flyercanuck   After giving away their 1st rounder last year, the Bolts made a nice 2nd round pick in Stephens. Stevie seems to favour the OHL when drafting, never a bad thing. The Spits have a Bolts 6th round pick from 2 years ago, Digiacinto, like his game...very nice late pick.

Edited by jammer2

@jammer2

Love the way Stephens plays...hated it when Tampa took him.

@BluPuk

3 teams. Red/White/Black. We used to have 5 until a couple years ago. And ya, I don't know of another country being that "sporting" about it.

Really?? Did we ever play ourselves for gold?? LOL.

@flyercanuck  Yeah, 3 to 5 teams really says it all. The USA has closed the gap with the World Jrs, but no one can touch our overall depth....and maybe never will.

I went to most of these games, including the Bronze and Gold games, because they were in FSJ/Dawson Creek. And the 1 player that impressed me the most was Tippett. Obviously he got a hat trick and a lot of attention, but it was well deserved. He had probably one of the best releases that I've seen in a while and I think was the only kid who got a good one-timer away all tourney lol. Natural shooter, reminded me a lot of a guy like Seguin,  wouldn't be surprised if we hear a lot more of him in a few years.

• Like 1