Streit, Umberger to LTIR, Ghost and Leier called up

hf101

usa-shayne-gostisbehere-2.jpg

@billmeltzer  8m8 minutes ago

Streit to LTIR -- out 6 weeks with "pubic plate displacement". Umberger (foot) to IR. Gostisbehere and Leier called up.

Play them and we'll see a win streak in the future...

I was under the impression the first blueliner to be called up would have been Hagg, just based on reports of the Phantoms d....perhaps they decided to replace Streit's offense with another offensive d-man. Lord knows they could use some offense from the D. McDonald must now realize how truely screwed he is...cause with Streit's cap hit going on LTIR, they could have easily have fit McDudly under the cap....he is never going to wear a Flyer jersey again, or so it appears :thumbsu:

Sadly, I'm hoping for these injuries to be season ending or more.  I really don't care much about their trade value, I just tired of watching them play.  I'd like to see Medeved getting some top line PP minutes he has a rifle of a shot and covers the blueline well to keep the puck in the zone. 

Ghost also I think would make a nice pairing with Schenn.  Move Laughton back up to the 3rd line if Bellamare returns today, and sit Lecavalier.

I really don't care much about their trade value, I just tired of watching them play.

There is a slim chance that a GM just might be desperate enough to pay a 1st rounder for Streit at the deadline. A lot of things would have to go our way, a few injuries to potential trading partners, a lack of available offensive d-men at the deadline, Streit going on a hot streak before the deadline....but weirder things have happened. Still, a very slim chance...probably a 2nd is more realistic, but certainly better than nothing.

Promotion for the Vandevelde Laughton White line to the 3rd line?  As I do think this line will get more minutes tonight.

according to some tweets Leier Bellamare and Gagner are now a line.  

I might have thought that we would see Leier with Laughton, but I don't mind these lines.

"pubic plate displacement".

Well that is a new one for me... :confused[1]:  (just had to google this one)

Just in case anyone is interested:  (it is a good read for those interested in sports medicine)

http://sportsmedicineimaging.com/topics/pubic-instabilty/

Definition

Dysfunction or instability of the symphysis pubis (a subset of pelvic instability) is a condition that may cause chronic groin pain and is associated with a range of differing aetiologies that include sport-related repetitive micro-trauma that accelerates degeneration of the symphysial disc, high-energy direct pelvic trauma, low-energy pelvic ‘strains’ in individuals with pre-existing hypermobility, and parturition. In sport, this may limit athletic performance and is potentially career-ending.

The symptoms may be aggravated by running, kicking, pivoting, pushing off, coughing, sneezing or sit-ups

There are various pathways to pubic micro and/or macro-instability, including: (i) degeneration or tears of the articular disc, most common in sports such as football and hockey that repetitively subject the pubic symphysis to high torsional or shear loads;

Treatment

Although any of the secondarily affected para-symphysial structures may be the dominant source of pain at presentation, the main goal of treatment is to restore pelvic stability. This primarily involves a physical program of graduated core strengthening that requires pain-free exercise and is guided by an absence of pain to key clinical provocation tests (Fig 26). Although some athletes are able to continue playing while still achieving a slow resolution of the condition, this carries several risks which include increased time to resolution, a further loss of ligamentous competence, and sudden breakdown due to complicating tendon tear. For the athlete who cannot or will not suspend competition to follow an appropriate physical therapy program, symptoms may be temporarily suppressed by using (a) corticosteroid therapy, administered either as short oral course or more directly by injection of the symphysis pubis [13], and (b) the use of compression shorts which improve pelvic support and have been shown to reduce pain during exercise [14].

If the response to an adequate 3 – 6 months trial of conservative physical therapy is poor, a variety of surgical procedures have been described. These include adductor tenotomy & conjoint tendon repair [15], arthrodesis or debridement of the symphysis [16], and placement of laparoscopic pre-peritoneal mesh to brace the symphysis [17]. Rigidly fusing the symphysis can lead to significant symptoms of sacroiliac joint overload and is rarely performed in athletes.

Dysfunction or instability of the symphysis pubis (a subset of pelvic instability) is a condition that may cause chronic groin pain and is associated with a range of differing aetiologies that include sport-related repetitive micro-trauma that accelerates degeneration of the symphysial disc, high-energy direct pelvic trauma, low-energy pelvic ‘strains’ in individuals with pre-existing hypermobility, and parturition. In sport, this may limit athletic performance and is potentially career-ending.

The symptoms may be aggravated by running, kicking, pivoting, pushing off, coughing, sneezing or sit-ups

Well hopefully Streit feels better in a couple of years so that he can enjoy his retirement.   ;)

Archived