Nice Fight Rinaldo!

Guest Spinorama

@doom88 I love the fact he can take out an opposing defensemen at the drop of a hat with a legal check. He was by far the best hitter in the OHL, even though he often straddled the line between dirty and clean. Will never be a double digit goal guy, but what he does, he does well. Because he skates decent, he's not a liability and can forecheck effectively. That's the difference between him and Shelly....give me the tough middleweight who can play over the useless heavyweight any day of the week.

I dunno Doomster, I just don't think Rinaldo sees the ice well enough to play the pk...but stranger things have happened. I wish Welly would get called up, best pk guy I ever saw in the OHL.

put another forward out there to make up for that and it could be a dangerous combo. 3 guys back, dump the puck and let Rinaldo bury the guy who retrieves the puck. if he ends up with it he has enough stick handling ability to keep it while the cavalry arrives. I wouldn't mind seeing it. On top of that, I like the idea of completely resting the skill guys during those situations so let's see it happen.

Bummer. I just want him to stay in the lineup, thought that would be a good way.

make it happen. Though he has gotten a bunch of penalties, I'm not ready to call him a liability. The refs need to separate the notion of the fact that the guy plays rough with outside the lines. I feel like he's been dealt a bad hand in the penalty department. yeah he's a human bowling ball but I feel like most of his stuff has been within the rules. I also gotta throw a nod to the fact that he's always ready to drop the buckets at the start of a fight so that if you are gonna jack up your hands, at least it comes from punching a person, not a piece of plastic.

Agreed. Sit Shelly and move Harry Z back to the AHL. Z will get more ice time there anyway.

Z looked really good tonight too. Nice problem to have -- trying to decide which young, well-playing forward to sit or send down. All these guys are only going to get better. We're going to have a decent team in a couple of seasons. Hopefully next season. Need some work on "d".

Z looked really good tonight too. Nice problem to have -- trying to decide which young, well-playing forward to sit or send down. All these guys are only going to get better. We're going to have a decent team in a couple of seasons. Hopefully next season. Need some work on "d".

I see the bright side of this team. I do not thinka that anyone at the beginning of the season expected the Flyers to do so well. They have a wonderful assortment of very talented kids, and some exceptional veterans. It probably won't hppen this year, but if they refrain from trading any of the kids, for an overaged veteren, they may be great next year and te following.

@

the all-rookie 4th line is great to watch. so much energy out there you just gotta love it.

Absolutely! I was thinking the same thing during the game last night. They had several really good shifts and kept the cycle going in the Hawks end, and got rewarded with a goal :) Hard to believe these are all rookies, and they're so responsible on the ice.

@doom88 I love the fact he can take out an opposing defensemen at the drop of a hat with a legal check. He was by far the best hitter in the OHL, even though he often straddled the line between dirty and clean. Will never be a double digit goal guy, but what he does, he does well. Because he skates decent, he's not a liability and can forecheck effectively. That's the difference between him and Shelly....give me the tough middleweight who can play over the useless heavyweight any day of the week.

he has surprisingly good speed. he used that effectively last night. i think he's a model player for the next generation of 'enforcers' in this league. we'll have to come up with a new name for them, though, because they're not really enforcers.

the kid's got skills too, though. we can only hope that tocchet takes him under his wing here and learns him how to model his career after him.