Game #18 - Kings at Flyers - Nov 17 2015 - 7:00 ET (Gagne Retirement Night)

brelic

Metlzer's write up: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-111715-vs-LA/45/72564

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 1.88 (29th), Kings 2.53 (19th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.94 (25th), Kings 2.12 (3rd)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 22/30, Kings 24/26
Power play efficiency: Flyers 14.3% (26th), Kings 20.4% (12th)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 76.2% (24th), Kings 87.1% (3rd)
Shots per game: Flyers 29.4 (18th), Kings 31.0 (8th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 33.4 (29th), Kings 27.8 (6th)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 50.0% (16th), Kings 49.1% (22nd)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS 

10 Brayden Schenn - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
58 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 89 Sam Gagner
12 Michael Raffl - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare -76 Chris VandeVelde

15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
55 Nick Schultz - 22 Luke Schenn 
23 Brandon Manning - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

30 Michal Neuvirth / 35 Steve Mason

Scratches: Evgeny Medvedev (healthy), Vincent Lecavalier (healthy), R.J. Umberger (suspected foot injury), Mark Streit (LTIR, displaced public plate), Ryan White (suspected shoulder injury).

KINGS

17 Milan Lucic - 77 Jeff Carter - 73 Tyler Toffoli
70 Tanner Pearson - 11 Anze Kopitar - 12 Marian Gaborik
23 Dustin Brown - 21 Nick Shore - 22 Trevor Lewis
13 Kyle Clifford - 15 Andy Andreoff - 71 Jordan Nolan

3 Brayden McNabb - 8 Drew Doughty
6 Jake Muzzin - 27 Alec Martinez
10 Christian Ehrhoff - 5 Jamie McBain

32 Jonathan Quick
[1 Jhonas Enroth]

Scratches: Derek Forbort (healthy), Jordan Weal (healthy), Matt Greene (IR, upper body), Dwight King (IR, foot). 

Finally, Raffl is off the top line. Schenn makes the most sense right now. So bizarre to go from healthy scratch to top line. Do you think maybe a trade was in the works for him so they kept him out? 

I also like the Laughton line - to me that is the 2nd line. 

Any thoughts as to why Medvedev is scratched - again?

Kings 4 Flyers 1

Carter will get two goals, because all former Flyers have to score against them by rule. The fourth goal will be an empty netter. Laughton scores for the Flyers, who are again outshot badly by their opponent.

So Schultz with the interference call and they tie it up....great. i didn't see it.

All i can say if they are going to sit Brayden for his play i expect Hak to do the same with the way he has played the last 2 weeks he has sucked bad.

So next game lets sit him and plug MDV in.

Manning has played slightly better with Ghost in the lineup.

Sweet Jesus that's a heck of a shot Gostisbehere has. Hopefully the Flyers take advantage of that and let him drive some howitzers from the top of the blue line. I don't think anyone on the team has a shot like that.

Hell he is one of the few that can actually hit the net. When Streit is ready Hextall will have an issue then because i don't think he will be sent back. Barring a meltdown in the next 6 weeks he is out.

I'd like to see Manning or Schultz gone from the lineup ASAP...the two weakest links.

If Ghost looks good while up he is the perfect guy to replace Streit...so he could be one to be moved out to and free up his 5.25mill cap hit the next 2 years.

Hell he is one of the few that can actually hit the net. When Streit is ready Hextall will have an issue then because i don't think he will be sent back. Barring a meltdown in the next 6 weeks he is out.

I'd like to see Manning or Schultz gone from the lineup ASAP...the two weakest links.

If Ghost looks good while up he is the perfect guy to replace Streit...so he could be one to be moved out to and free up his 5.25mill cap hit the next 2 years.

There's no issue. When Streit returns, Manning gets sent down to Lehigh Valley, Schultz goes back to playing with Del Zotto and Streit gets moved for a big left wing prospect.

There's no issue. When Streit returns, Manning gets sent down to Lehigh Valley, Schultz goes back to playing with Del Zotto and Streit gets moved for a big left wing prospect.

Yeah i hope it's that simple but Manning should have been waived weeks ago.

Streit will have to come back and prove he is over that injury i think before someone will take him i'd think...especially with his age and being under contract for next year too for 5.25mill.

Well, Raffl does rhyme with awful. And that pretty much sums up Michael Raffl.

He's aggravating for sure. He's fast enough to get a bunch of chances, but he's garbage with the puck on his stick. He's not a terrible figure on the fourth line, but they need to stop giving him so much prime ice time. I expect the problem there goes back to the lack of quality LW. No choices at the position means Raffl gets far more shifts than he really should.

Archived