Is Jamie Benn The Best Player On Dallas?

JagerMeister

Is Jamie Benn their best forward? Sure, Seguin is undoubtedly the superior point producer (although right now, marginally) However, Benn is an adept two way forward who plays a considerable amount of PK minutes. And truthfully, Seguins slightly superior point producing doesn't compensate for Benns vastly superior defense. As for Kingberg, I think he will be their best player soon enough. But currently, I lean towards Jamie Benn as their best player.

Is Jamie Benn their best forward? Sure, Seguin is undoubtedly the superior point producer (although right now, marginally) However, Benn is an adept two way forward who plays a considerable amount of PK minutes. And truthfully, Seguins slightly superior point producing doesn't compensate for Benns vastly superior defense. As for Kingberg, I think he will be their best player soon enough. But currently, I lean towards Jamie Benn as their best player.

I think you're dead on with this.  IMO, Jamie Benn is absolutely their best player, and nothing against Seguin.  And you're right that Klingberg is right there and, if not already, will be there very soon.

They have built one hell of a team.  They're good enough already, probably, but if they add one more higher-end Dman and maybe a better goalie, holy crap.

• 2 years later...

I think Benn and Seguin are one of the top two duos in the NHL....but do the Stars pull the plug on Seguin???

Tyler Seguin 'Disappointed' to Still Be Waiting for Long-Term Deal From Stars

Strange they haven't had talks with him on a new contract...if that is the case they would be smart to move him for a huge haul at the trade deadline so he isn't the next JT and leave them with nothing to show for his services.

I should have made a new thread for this put too lazy.

Thoughts on what happens to him??

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Benn and Seguin are one of the top two duos in the NHL....but do the Stars pull the plug on Seguin???

Tyler Seguin 'Disappointed' to Still Be Waiting for Long-Term Deal From Stars

Strange they haven't had talks with him on a new contract...if that is the case they would be smart to move him for a huge haul at the trade deadline so he isn't the next JT and leave them with nothing to show for his services.

I should have made a new thread for this put too lazy.

Thoughts on what happens to him??

My guess is he does not return. I have a hard time believing they watched what happened in Long Island and let it repeat, but they may actually be in a playoff position come the deadline. Can you imagine fighting for 7-10 seed and trading Seguin away? 

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

My guess is he does not return. I have a hard time believing they watched what happened in Long Island and let it repeat, but they may actually be in a playoff position come the deadline. Can you imagine fighting for 7-10 seed and trading Seguin away? 

Yeah isn't that what the Blues did kind of by trading Stasny while they were fighting for their playoff lives.

Not saying they are the same caliber of player and all.

However he is only 26 and would bring a King's ransome in return. 

But if they were smart they should have started negotiations this offseason and maybe traded him before the season started so they could get things right for this year.

He would be a hard trade that could disrupt everything if you do it by the deadline.

Before the season might save the season with the right return.

Yet it's the Stars we are talking about here....

Archived