Logan Couture off LTIR ready to go!

J0e Th0rnton

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=791504&navid=nhl:topheads

San Jose Sharks center Logan Couture, who has missed the past 23 games with a fractured right fibula, returned to practice on Monday and could return to the lineup on Tuesday at the Calgary Flames.

Activated off injured reserve on Monday, Couture skated on a line with Patrick Marleau and Joel Ward, his regular linemates before the injury sustained during a practice at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on Oct. 15. In three games, Couture has one assist and a plus-1 rating.

"I hope [to play]. You'll have to ask [coach] Pete [DeBoer]," Couture told the Sharks website after practice Monday. "I've told him I feel ready to go, well see what the lineup is tomorrow," Couture told the Sharks website. "I've been dying to get back in for the last little while. It's not easy just watching. It's not easy just practicing.

"Today was a good day just to be out there with the guys on a regular line to feel you're part of the team again. I felt like myself finally."

DeBoer would not confirm after practice if Couture would return to the lineup; a decision will be made Tuesday morning.

Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who missed a 4-3 loss against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday because of a lower-body injury, did not practice on Monday and remains day-to-day. He will not travel with the team to Calgary.

We missed you Coots! Sadly, Vlasic has gone down right as Couture comes back.

But god, no team can easily deal with losing a top shutdown C who can score 60+ points.

Hopefully they rest Thornton a few games so he can deal with this "non-concussion". But he has not looked good since that head smashes off the ice incident.

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/657396994588155905/photo/1

He looked drunk after his head smashed off the ice, which is never good. Preliminary reports said it may have been a skate problem, but then the Sharks reporter flat out said "Nope, that was from the hit and falling hard on his head". Since he was sitting rinkside, ill have to believe him. Please don't play through an injury Joe. Rest up now that Coots is back

Ouch - Couture is apparently out again for a bit.

A statement from Sharks GM Doug Wilson, on the health of forward Logan Couture:

“In Wednesday night’s game in Edmonton, Logan suffered trauma to his right thigh, creating a Charley-horse effect which prohibited him from returning to the game.

“Upon returning to San Jose, it was discovered that there was a small arterial bleed in the area. Last night, Logan underwent a successful procedure in San Jose to close the artery and is expected to make a full recovery.

“At this time, there is no projected time frame for his return to the ice but we do not expect this to be a long-term recovery.

Archived