Worst Slash Ever?

flyercanuck

The refs must have thought he(Carter) was still a Flyer. This is the kind of call that should be reviewed and should lead to a fine and or suspension for Brad Malkin or Evgeni Carcillo or Dan Marchand or whatever Flopsy wants to call himself nowadays.

The most embarrassing part was listening to those homer announcers call that "vicious" slash...........

How do these guys not know that there are cameras everywhere and they will be forever on YouTube flopping around like a fish out of water. I for one would never want to be eternlized as a *****. Play the game and stop acting like you play soccer.

You play a man's sport, for **** sake, be a man.

So you guys think Malkin would chase Carter around and blow the power play if that weren't a hit between the pads or back of the knee? Remember the unprotected part? Yeah that's just what he does... Skates around picking fights because a dive didn't draw a penalty... Good grief read the garbage you guys type sometimes.

71 has the recuperative powers of Wolverine though,  after that brutal shot he was able to get up and protect his honor.

A normal human would have been out 4-6 weeks after such a blow. 

The refs must have thought he(Carter) was still a Flyer. This is the kind of call that should be reviewed and should lead to a fine and or suspension for Brad Malkin or Evgeni Carcillo or Dan Marchand or whatever Flopsy wants to call himself nowadays.

The most embarrassing part was listening to those homer announcers call that "vicious" slash...........

Those must be Kings' announcers just FYI. They're not ours.

So you guys think Malkin would chase Carter around and blow the power play if that weren't a hit between the pads or back of the knee? Remember the unprotected part? Yeah that's just what he does... Skates around picking fights because a dive didn't draw a penalty... Good grief read the garbage you guys type sometimes.

Did you bother to watch the replays or did your auto defend just come on. I could not even see contact or stick movement in Carter's hand that would even indicate contact. Unless you are saying Carter has mental powers and that is how he did it......

Did you bother to watch the replays or did your auto defend just come on. I could not even see contact or stick movement in Carter's hand that would even indicate contact. Unless you are saying Carter has mental powers and that is how he did it......

You're joking right? Now Malkin has ESP and just knew Carter swung his stick in the general area and dove?? Eyes in the back of his head type thing?

This is clearly Malkin taking offense to a wack at the back of his knee and sticking up for himself. Oh wait, only Flyers can stick up for themselves, everyone else is being a baby.... I forgot. Good grief...

@Polaris922

Carter tapped him on the leg and he hit the ice like a Pen ton of bricks. Malkin hit Carter a lot harder with his crosschecks and you didn't see him going down.

Same ol' Pens.

Because you know how it felt from here... If he'd dove and nothing called he'd keep skating on the power play... Not pull a Hextall and chase him around the ice to stick up for himself. Think about the situation.

Yeah I gotta be honest, I had to watch it three times before I even saw the infraction. This isn't an I hate the Pens thing, I'm too busy hating my own team to have time for that.

And the worst slash ever was delivered by Hextall on Nilsson, I find any suggestion to the contrary to be downright offensive :)

Because you know how it felt from here... If he'd dove and nothing called he'd keep skating on the power play... Not pull a Hextall and chase him around the ice to stick up for himself. Think about the situation.

come on Pol.

This dive is preeeety indefensible.

Yeah I gotta be honest, I had to watch it three times before I even saw the infraction. This isn't an I hate the Pens thing, I'm too busy hating my own team to have time for that.

And the worst slash ever was delivered by Hextall on Nilsson, I find any suggestion to the contrary to be downright offensive :)

same. I was actually looking for a Clarke on Kharlamov type lumberjack swing.

my sarcasm detector was on full alert by the 3rd watch

same. I was actually looking for a Clarke on Kharlamov type lumberjack swing.

Oops, I stand corrected, THAT was the most heinous hack I ever saw. At least I can feel good it was still a Flyer, international competition notwithstanding

Cuz that's what they call "selling it" on WWE Monday Night Raw? ;)

yup. there is no way that was anything but a mosquito bite level swipe. He sold it like a lumberjack swipe. It is impossible to get the amount of force required for that to hurt in the distance he pulled that stick. Unless he is Bruce lee with the 2 inch punch

Ya, because Malkin is so hard to get off his game.  :D

That was a tap.  

Maybe the new coach teaches the Pens how to be 'stronger" on their skates?

@sarsippius

Not buying that!  LOL Throwing the power play away to "sell it"?  Malkin is no rocket surgeon but sorry, no.

@J0e Th0rnton_Th0rnton

Oh I dunno... I've taken the old blade tip to the back of the knee before, and it frikkin hurts.  Again why throw away a power play pulling a Hextall? 

@flyercanuck

He's not hard to get off his game when it's a lopsided affair... 1-0 while you're on the power play though?  Nope, not buying it.  I'm one of the first Pens fans to point at Malkin when he's an idiot.  I think he genuinely felt he was sticking up for himself from a small "spear" to the back of the knee. 

Archived