Carchidi says the Flyers should TRADE NEUVIRTH

canoli

He thinks the Flyers can get a high pick, a backup goalie AND lose Vinny or Umberger's contract in the process. I don't see Neuvirth fetching that much. He's having an outstanding year but I doubt anyone offers that much. Carchidi suggests Montreal (b/c Price is hurt) but I can't believe they have the cap room: Montreal spends up to the limit every year.

Anyway I don't want to lose Neuvirth. He and Mason are young enough to be in the long-term rebuild. It's not always necessary to break one position to fix another. Even if the Flyers dealt VLC or RJ the rebuild won't suddenly happen overnight.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20151227_Flyers_should_trade_Neuvirth_if_right_deal_comes_along.html

No. Why finally get a solid backup and now trade him wouldn't make sense it would be giving up on the season. Sure you'd have to think about it if they were to wow you with an offer...but too hypothetical to truly answer without knowing the return at least for myself....

"Flyers Should trade Neuvrith If Right Deal Comes Along".

That's some cutting edge journalism right there.

The Flyers should trade ANYONE if the right deal comes along.

edit: best part of article...If any of this makes sense, raise your hand.

@RJ8812   RJ, your new avatar is killing me. I pretty sure that it's Roberto Alomar from his Blue Jay days. My buddies and I all hate the Jays, but we particularly hated Alomar. The commercial in question had Roberto pitching McCain fires (we refused to buy them) and featured Roberto slinging the product in barely recognizable English...."the one with McCain punch"....I can't tell you how many times we cursed him as it came on....LOL, so for somebody to randomly select that as a avatar a few decades later....well, that is way to funny.

@RJ8812   RJ, your new avatar is killing me. I pretty sure that it's Roberto Alomar from his Blue Jay days. My buddies and I all hate the Jays, but we particularly hated Alomar. The commercial in question had Roberto pitching McCain fires (we refused to buy them) and featured Roberto slinging the product in barely recognizable English...."the one with McCain punch"....I can't tell you how many times we cursed him as it came on....LOL, so for somebody to randomly select that as a avatar a few decades later....well, that is way to funny.

It is Alomar! But it was for juice, not fries

There was a longer version of the commercial, but I can't find it. It was much better

Howdy:

I posted this yesterday before Carchidi's piece in the Simmonds thread.

If...and I say if, you think that we could get a decent backup...if....and yes, if, Stolarz is making the progress some say he is...the question is compensation.  The other unsaid part of this is the Mase.  Hey, what if we got a package for him because the powers that be think Neuvirth could start....

It's a broken record on my part, but if you view this as a "transition squad," that will be radically different one to two seasons from now--anything seems possible.  What seemed strange to me about Carchidi's piece is not the possibility of Neuvirth being traded--it was the suggestion that somebody would actually relieve us of VLC or other deadwood.  I don't think the Habs or anyone else would take Vinny.  At least AMac is an apparent leader/mentor (albeit grossly overpaid) with Lehigh Valley.  Vinny's fuse is shot, he knows it, but is apparently too proud to throw in the towel despite earning more than 100 million in his career.

Bottom line. . . . . yes, I think just about anybody other than G and V is trade material if contractually feasible. 

@RJ8812   ahhh, right, he did both the fries and juice. Many, many people from Windsor will not buy McCain products to this very day. Not sure if it was this commercial, but he spits out in broken English "catch the taste" which sounds like "cat th teste"....LOL!

He thinks the Flyers can get a high pick, a backup goalie AND lose Vinny or Umberger's contract in the process. I don't see Neuvirth fetching that much. He's having an outstanding year but I doubt anyone offers that much. Carchidi suggests Montreal (b/c Price is hurt) but I can't believe they have the cap room: Montreal spends up to the limit every year.

Anyway I don't want to lose Neuvirth. He and Mason are young enough to be in the long-term rebuild. It's not always necessary to break one position to fix another. Even if the Flyers dealt VLC or RJ the rebuild won't suddenly happen overnight.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20151227_Flyers_should_trade_Neuvirth_if_right_deal_comes_along.html

Price isn't out long term. If he's out at deadline time then they may go for it because they can LTIR price to pay for Neuvy but they don't have the room between them and now.

That aside... Wtf?

There's no way they'd get all that for him. Never. No co tender has cap room for Vinny or Mac. And no one but a contender with an injured goalie would be desperate enough to make such a trade. It simply can't happen and he's very useful for the flyers.

I don't get mentioning Montreal as a possible destination. That org has maybe the deepest goaltending in the leauge. Admittedly, Condon has come back down to earth since his scorching red hot debut month....but he is capable. Plus, they have Dustin Tokarski, who has won games in the Stanley Cup playoffs, AND Zach Fucale in the minors, who was the starter for Team Canada at the WJC. None of them are as accomplished as Neuvy, but I seriously the Habs look outside the org for tending having this much depth, as unproven as it is.

I don't get mentioning Montreal as a possible destination. That org has maybe the deepest goaltending in the leauge. Admittedly, Condon has come back down to earth since his scorching red hot debut month....but he is capable. Plus, they have Dustin Tokarski, who has won games in the Stanley Cup playoffs, AND Zach Fucale in the minors, who was the starter for Team Canada at the WJC. None of them are as accomplished as Neuvy, but I seriously the Habs look outside the org for tending having this much depth, as unproven as it is.

All 3 of those goalies are probably career back-ups. Not to mention, they have little experience at the NHL level 

@RJ8812   I believe both Fucale and Tokaarski will go on to be starters. Of course, they will have to be traded from the Habs, but they have some real upside. I expect Montreal to try and add goals this season by trading one of them, maybe both of them away.....should the right deal come along....but nice trade deadline bait.

Ya, it's all Mason's fault that this team can't score more than 2 goals 

RJ:

I don't fault Mason for our low scoring. But his performance this year seems to swing wide between and within games.  His inopportune goals hurt more.  

Howie

RJ:

I don't fault Mason for our low scoring. But his performance this year seems to swing wide between and within games.  His inopportune goals hurt more.  

Howie

Yep Mr. Mason hasn't been on top of his game this year for the full 60, at least in his starts I've seen. He's big and has sound mechanics I guess, which keep him at a certain high level. But he loses focus it seems and suddenly he's too far out in front of his net. Then he gets burned.

I'm nowhere near ready to trade him or even look for a better option. I figure the Flyers are set in goaltending for the long haul, at least I hope so. As shaky as he's been at times for a #1, goaltending is not really a concern. There are bigger holes that need filling on the roster.

Archived