Del Zotto injured

Samifan

@Samifan Not to sound morbid, but I was hoping it was a bit more long term, so we can finally call up Alt and see what we have....before he becomes a asset for some other team.

Wouldn't happen. street is ready to come back. If it was longer term they'd just switch MDZ to LTIR and insert Streit.

So i wonder if Burns will be suspended for contact to Vandevelde's head. Very reckless check and can't believe there wasn't a penalty no yes i can it was against the Flyers the illegal check so it is expected the non call on the play.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So i wonder if Burns will be suspended for contact to Vandevelde's head. Very reckless check and can't believe there wasn't a penalty no yes i can it was against the Flyers the illegal check so it is expected the non call on the play.

Ugly hit and hated it, would have been a game misconduct if a Flyer had done it but not even a penalty called. I would say that Burns won't even get a hearing for that one. The way to stop teams from making those kind of hits is do it to their Pavelskis/Couture type players. The same kind of finishing/hard checks without having any regards for the players health. The big problem is the Flyers have to be willing to receive a suspension for a hit identical to the one Burns did on Vandy.

43 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Ugly hit and hated it, would have been a game misconduct if a Flyer had done it but not even a penalty called. I would say that Burns won't even get a hearing for that one. The way to stop teams from making those kind of hits is do it to their Pavelskis/Couture type players. The same kind of finishing/hard checks without having any regards for the players health. The big problem is the Flyers have to be willing to receive a suspension for a hit identical to the one Burns did on Vandy.

Sad but true.

12 hours ago, AbelMorpheus said:

Have we reached the "Behold Brandon" stage already?

Well when he is paired with the Ghost he seems to play reasonably well, kind of like when Bundy was paired with Dejardins. I still think I would prefer him over an aging and slowing Schultz at this point in time.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 7:36 PM, jammer2 said:

@Samifan    Not to sound morbid, but I was hoping it was a bit more long term, so we can finally call up Alt and see what we have....before he becomes a asset for some other team.

Where is Alt going to go? He's an RFA after this season. I think it's safe to assume his play, even if it's at the AHL level, means he gets qualified, and he isn't the kind of guy that you throw a 3rd round pick or more at to try to sign to an offer sheet.

26 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Where is Alt going to go? He's an RFA after this season. I think it's safe to assume his play, even if it's at the AHL level, means he gets qualified, and he isn't the kind of guy that you throw a 3rd round pick or more at to try to sign to an offer sheet.

Well he could always head to the KHL or some Swiss league cause he ain't getting no love from the Flyer brass. He has options he could pull a Gus till he is 27.

Hard to tell. I'd love to see him say on the bottom pair with Ghost just for schitts and giggles...and see how he looks.

16 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Well when he is paired with the Ghost he seems to play reasonably well, kind of like when Bundy was paired with Dejardins. I still think I would prefer him over an aging and slowing Schultz at this point in time.

I truly don't want t put the cart before the horse..but it might be and I'm hoping that Ghost makes everyone look better. Knock on wood.

Archived