All-Time Winnipeg Jets Team

ScottM

wallpaper_20120111014308_882566862.jpg?i

In the antepenultimate thread in this series, we come to the only franchise in the league to have never won a playoff game. While that might suggest a general lack of talent in the team's history, but that's really not the case. They might not have had all the pieces there at one time, but the Thrashers/Jets have had their share of skilled players.

First Line: Ilya Kovalchuk, Marc Savard, Marian Hossa
Second Line: Dany Heatley, Ray Ferraro, Blake Wheeler
Third Line: Andrew Ladd, Todd White, Bryan Little
Fourth Line: Slava Kozlov, Nik Antropov, Donald Audette

First Defensive Pair: Dustin Byfuglien, Tobias Enstrom
Second Defensive Pair: Zach Bogosian, Ran Hainsey
Third Defensive Pair: Jacob Trouba, Greg de Vries

Goaltenders: Kari Lehtonen, Ondrej Pavalec, Pasi Nurminen

Head Coach: Bob Hartley

Top to bottom, I'd say the left wing is this team's strongest position, while goaltending is the weakest. Outside of the net, though, there's not a position that I would consider painfully weak (though center isn't anything to write home about). The coaching position came down to Hartley and Paul Maurice, but even though Maurice's sinning percentage is a little higher, I chose Hartley because of the timing of when he coached the team and the work that he put into building it.

What about Jets 1.0? I know you're doing franchises, so it's ATL/WPG, but the phrase "all-time Jets" may rub Jets fans the wrong way... I'm not one of them, but a guy like Hawerchuk gets lost in the shuffle under your system, no?

What about Jets 1.0? I know you're doing franchises, so it's ATL/WPG, but the phrase "all-time Jets" may rub Jets fans the wrong way... I'm not one of them, but a guy like Hawerchuk gets lost in the shuffle under your system, no?

The original Jets were included in the Arizona Coyotes team. He was the top line center there. http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/65977-all-time-arizona-coyotes-team/

I really couldn't think of a better way to handle it to make sure everything was covered. I'm even thinking about going back and doing some defunct teams for that reason.

The original Jets were included in the Arizona Coyotes team. He was the top line center there. http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/65977-all-time-arizona-coyotes-team/

I really couldn't think of a better way to handle it to make sure everything was covered. I'm even thinking about going back and doing some defunct teams for that reason.

Oh, ok. Ignore me then.

Archived