Neuvirth should be traded...

RonJeremy

If Neuvirth continues to play will his value will just keep increasing, if a playoff bound team has weak goaltending or a team loses a starting goalie down the stretch we can really take advantage. I know having 2 good goalies has not happened in Philly since Parent and Stepheson, but since we won't be contenders for several years , it makes sense to trade Neuvirth for a top young player. By the time we are in contention Stolarz can be the backup. Considering that other than Ghost the Flyers are unwatchable, are there any teams out there that need a goalie have have a good young player we might target? I'm out of the loop since I haven't watched much hockey this year.

I disagree. I understand what you're saying, his value is high and it's possible the Flyers could get something of decent value in return. I think having two good goalies is priceless. They aren't going to make the playoffs but if all the Flyers have is Mason and joe blow backup, they are going to play Mason too much. He will get shellacked too many times and his confidence will crumble, so they play joe blow who loses all to often and any winning culture that is trying to be instilled in a fragile team deteriorates. Keep them both maybe win 50% of the remaining games and at least go into the off season/next season with a little kick in your step.

Happy New Year to both of you.

I could go either way.  Yep, we might get a good asset in return. But...let's not forget we are going into Mason's last year.  Keeping him may be a question of performance. Or one of cost.  Having Neuvirth on hand may be an important insurance policy.  I'd say 60/40 towards keeping him around.

Best,

Howie

If some team desperate for a goalie is willing to give up a great young player or top notch prospect, I would make the trade, we're not contending for 3 or 4 more years.  I know we are not under the gun to make a decision on goaltending until they are closer to FA time, but if a great offer comes in,then in order to build the team quicker you make the deal. We need scoring more than a backup goalie, our offense is a joke. Who knows, maybe Neuvirth outplays Mason, and Mason gets traded. There's also lots of talk of trading Simmonds, if that happens then there's no reason to keep 2 goalies. That tells you we are really rebuilding

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Its too bad Tampa Bay doesn't need goaltending. After reading that Drouin and his agent have asked for a trade out of there, I'd include Neuvirth in a package to get him. 

I think Avs should trade for him reunite him and Mckinnon.

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Its too bad Tampa Bay doesn't need goaltending. After reading that Drouin and his agent have asked for a trade out of there, I'd include Neuvirth in a package to get him. 

No, I think we should. 

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Avs should trade for him reunite him and Mckinnon.

Probably take something like Duchesne and I'm not sure if Sakic and Roy woyld consider that. I know from a Flyers standpoint they should build a package around Simmonds to get him. They already have an elite centre and are paying Voracek next year as an elite right winger, so they might as well look at getting the elite left wing prospect in place. Maybe something like:

To Tampa Bay: Wayne Simmonds, Travis Sanheim

To Philadelphia: Jonathan Drouin, Ondrej Palat

Not sure if Tampa Bay goes for it, but I think its a pretty fair deal.

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Probably take something like Duchesne and I'm not sure if Sakic and Roy woyld consider that. I know from a Flyers standpoint they should build a package around Simmonds to get him. They already have an elite centre and are paying Voracek next year as an elite right winger, so they might as well look at getting the elite left wing prospect in place. Maybe something like:

Sorry man i got to say hell no to that trade. No way i'm moving Sanheim. I don't want to trade Simmer for him either. Sorry but he is a kid i'm not impressed with much.

But you've bumped your head if you think throwing Sanheim in on it is a good deal...

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry man i got to say hell no to that trade. No way i'm moving Sanheim. I don't want to trade Simmer for him either. Sorry but he is a kid i'm not impressed with much.

But you've bumped your head if you think throwing Sanheim in on it is a good deal...

Lol.....I guess we can agree to disagree on Drouin. I look at the guy and I see a Vladimir Tarasenko type forward who's just waiting to bust out. As for Sanheim, he's something that we've got in Provorov. On top of it, with Gostisbehere and Friedman in the pipeline, Sanheim kind of becomes redundant. Sanheim might have size on the two of them, but Friedman plays with an edge and Gostisbehere has that big point shot. Now, maybe it's me, but I'm not completely sold on Sanheim. I know that when Sanheim was drafted, I wanted the Flyers to select either Alex Tuch or Robby Fabri. Anyways, the defense pipeline in Philadelphia has some really, really good pieces. We need left wingers. Right now, Taylor Leier and Tyrell Goulbourne are the bottom six left wingers in the pipleine. Some are questioning as to whether or not Lindblom will become a top six left winger.If you add in Palat (who has history with Couturier) and Drouin, you immediately stock up the left side.

As for the right side, as much as it hurts giving up Simmonds, the Flyers have Aube-Kubel and Konecny in the system. Add in Voracek and Brayden Schenn, and there's good depth on the right side. As well, the Flyers don't lose their first round pick this year, so if it's a top five pick, that's yet another blue chip forward or defenseman to add to the pipeline. 

Once again, just my take on things. I'm sure some will think "I've bumped my head real hard" or that "I'm right out to lunch", but right now, the Flyers have a plethora of depth on the defense and right side. Right now, there's a legitimate concern with the left side and finding that elite talent to fit in there. I get people are hesitant about giving up a talent like Sanheim and a proven guy like Simmonds, but when you look at things, Palat's numbers have been comparable to Simmonds' numbers and giving up Sanheim for Drouin is basically swapping out top prospects at their respective position. 

I'll agree to disagree.

Yes they are weak at LW but you also didn't include Lindblom in that. He can be a 2nd line LW when he arrives. Sure they don't have a 1st line LW now but maybe he comes in this draft.

And the problem with moving Simmer for because they have AK or TK coming is AK needs AHL time 1st and TK will need another year atleast if not more in juniors.

So moving Simmer now would create a hole on a team that is struggling to score already nof to mention make them softer.

Besides is Yzerman is ready to give up on him already that really makes me leary of the deal.

6 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

No way do I offer that much. They aren't getting full value for Drouin. Kyle Turris returned a second and Rundblad

I offer B. Schenn and a 2nd and maybe add a little more 

2 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

No way do I offer that much. They aren't getting full value for Drouin. Kyle Turris returned a second and Rundblad

I offer B. Schenn and a 2nd and maybe add a little more 

• Joe Yerdon: “Looking at the deals for Niederreiter and Turris, you’re basically looking at a roster player and a not-first-round pick. Nino was traded for Cal Clutterbuck and a third and Turris was traded for David Rundblad and a second. Like Drouin, Turris was also a No. 3 pick in the draft. Not saying that’s what Drouin’s price will be, but that’s where the bar is.”

Brayden and a 2nd for Drouin? Maybe, especially since you have the extra second this year, and can probably count on acquiring a few more picks at the deadline. I'd definitely prefer to trade from a position of relative strength (Schenn, or even Couturier in the right deal) than send away Simmonds and create a hole on the right side now. Acquiring Drouin and Palat would certainly shore the Flyers up on the left, but why would Tampa move a young, 20-goal scorer in Palat? And if I'm going to acquire both, I'd think about using Streit to acquire the extra chips needed to swing that deal, than to send Sanheim over.

I think if you think Simmonds and Sanheim get you Palat and Drouin you've bumped your head.

The Schenn/2nd might be onto something, but only because Brayden is RFA.

IMO I still think Tampa would want more for Drouin who was, after all, a third overall pick.

Tampa isn't making a deal because it works well for the Flyers. Tampa's making a deal because it would work best for them.

And I just don't want to move Simmonds

Agree @radoran Trading for picks/prospects doesn't make too much sense from Tampa's standpoint. They need guys who can help them now. I think it would take more veteran help than just Simmonds to get both Drouin and Palat. And you'd need to take back some salary to do that. Filpulla? Coburn? Carle? Only Coburn's deal is up after this year. Filppula and Carle are both on the books for 3 more years. I just don't think the Flyers are in a position to deal for both, even if TB is willing to move Palat. One? Yeah, I think it could get done. But I'm not sending Simmonds to do it.

7 hours ago, radoran said:

I think if you think Simmonds and Sanheim get you Palat and Drouin you've bumped your head.

The Schenn/2nd might be onto something, but only because Brayden is RFA.

IMO I still think Tampa would want more for Drouin who was, after all, a third overall pick.

Tampa isn't making a deal because it works well for the Flyers. Tampa's making a deal because it would work best for them.

And I just don't want to move Simmonds

It's happened before...  Word is some D-bag traded a 2nd overall player/pick for Luke-frakken-schenn ;)

Archived