Mike Richards Signs with Capitals

AJgoal

47 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 14m14 minutes ago

Sources say pending NHL approval, Mike Richards is expected to join the Washington Capitals. Told Richards has to meet with Bettman.

I hate the Caps, but will always be a fan of Richards.

I hope he gets his life turned around and also becomes a productive NHL player again.

IF he has anything left it is a perfect signing. IF.

The Capitals have been two lines deep al year, Backstrom and Kuznetsov have been a two man show down the middle, Laich was supposed to slot on the third line but has hit the wall and Beagle has proven to be a 4th liner at best and is now injured. If Richards can give them anything in the second half as far as secondary scoring goes, the best team in the East could have gotten significantly better. If he does not work out, they are still near elite anyway.

I look for Richards to become a "Primeau" type 3C for the caps. It is a safe bet that he has missed the game and will come back  a renewed player. Is his old contract going to come into play or is it totally null and void? It certainly seemed like a contrived move by LA to rid themselves of his contract...........

During the 2010 run for the Flyers, Richards solidified himself as one of my favorite players of all time. 

This in my eyes was one of the best shifts of his career.  

I'm glad that he is coming back into the league.  Sad that it's for the CAPS but I wish him luck.

On 1/7/2016 at 9:59 AM, Digityman said:

During the 2010 run for the Flyers, Richards solidified himself as one of my favorite players of all time. 

This in my eyes was one of the best shifts of his career.  

I'm glad that he is coming back into the league.  Sad that it's for the CAPS but I wish him luck.

Man that was on the VS Network. I forgot they even existed. 

49 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I'll be curious to see him play.  

I think it's a good pick up if you need a cheap forward and look to make a run.  

Wonder if he got any help.

Curious is a good word. Not sure what kind of shape he's in, says he's been working out with some of his old junior teammates and playing in a men's league. It's something, but methinks it's gonna take him a stretch to get his sea legs under him again.

I'm more curious as to how Trotz plans to use him?

38 minutes ago, Digityman said:

If he is even 80% of what he used to be it's a good pickup for PK and 4th line.

Don't disagree, but I think this is the question with Mike. He may be well below 80% , a shadow of his former self.

• 3 weeks later...

In 3 games for the Caps, Mike is 0,0,0, +0 and 2 PIM, playing just over 12 min per game and going 55% on draws. He says he was working out to make himself faster, but he looks a bit thick around the middle in this picture. Has anyone watched a Caps game? I guess we will see tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/mike-richards-manitoba-court-appearance-adjourned-february-25-1.3421885

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

In 3 games for the Caps, Mike is 0,0,0, +0 and 2 PIM, playing just over 12 min per game and going 55% on draws. He says he was working out to make himself faster, but he looks a bit thick around the middle in this picture. Has anyone watched a Caps game? I guess we will see tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/mike-richards-manitoba-court-appearance-adjourned-february-25-1.3421885

It's the uniform. It makes him look fat. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, JackStraw said:

It's the uniform. It makes him look fat.

Yeah, plus the camera adds 10 lbs. The beard weighs a few lbs too.

Makes me wonder how the fishing was on Lake of the Woods this summer? 

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Richards will continue the tradition of ex-Flyers scoring against them. 1G + 1A and 2 PIMs

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Isn't fishing on LOTW always great?

I dunno. Ok I guess, if you know where to go at what time of year. I grew up up North where the fish jumped in the boat while you were getting a beer, so I have a certain definition of "good" when it comes to fishing. #spoiled

• 4 weeks later...

Archived