Konecny Traded To Sarnia

flyercanuck

Travis Konecny was traded from Ottawa along with teammate Sam Studnicka for Sasha Chmelevski, Chase Campbell, and basically 5-2nds, 3-3rds and 2-5 round picks. You can't trade 1st round picks in junior. Two of the picks are conditional. 

As a Flyer fan this is good for Konecny...Sarnia just became a real threat.He'll join Pavel Zacha (6th overall NJD) and Jeff Chychryn (likely top 5 pick)

17 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Travis Konecny was traded from Ottawa along with teammate Sam Studnicka for Sasha Chmelevski, Chase Campbell, and basically 5-2nds, 3-3rds and 2-5 round picks. You can't trade 1st round picks in junior. Two of the picks are conditional. 

As a Flyer fan this is good for Konecny...Sarnia just became a real threat.He'll join Pavel Zacha (6th overall NJD) and Jeff Chychryn (likely top 5 pick)

Nice kid needs to be in the playoffs again. I see the London Knights traded for Sonny Milano too.

Let the one-upmanship begin....the annual OHL LOAD UP.....ha ha...it's fun when you see teams go all in and "go for it". That is probably the hardest thing to master for an OHL GM, knowing when to go for it and when not to and build for the future. Guess wrong, give away a boatload of 2nds and you an really hurt your team for quite a while. Like fc said, you can't trade 1sts (good rule btw) so 2nd's are like gold. Pretty sure Windsor has 5 2nd rounders stashed away. In the OHL, a 2nd round pick is supposed to be very good for 3-4 years.....you can't miss in that round and be a force, at least it's not likely.

Very cool to have Travis Konecny in the Spits conference. I went to go see him when Ottawa came to town, now, he should be coming back for sure....maybe even a playoff match up, who knows?  Don't really like the thought of Travis blocking the Spits way now that I digest it....lol. This may force the Spits to go all in, or perhaps they are patient and wait till next year.

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I thought Milano went the AHL route?

crop_27614214_27_1452195175.jpeg

Bob McKenzie Retweeted

TRADE ALERT:We have acquired the rights to F Sonny Milano from the Flint Firebirds!

London Knights General Manager Basil McRae announced today that the team has acquired the rights to forward Sonny Milano from the Flint Firebirds. In exchange, the Knights send a conditional 15th Round pick in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection to Flint. 

http://londonknights.com/article/knights-acquire-milano-from-firebirds---

It does say his rights....so not sure.

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I thought Milano went the AHL route?

I just checked his stats and it shows he is playing for Lake Erie (22 games played)...so not sure why this was announced or even significant.

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just checked his stats and it shows he is playing for Lake Erie (22 games played)...so not sure why this was announced or even significant.

This kinda thing happens a lot in the OHL. Basically, a team takes a shot in the dark, paying a higher draft pick to acquire a players rights. You're betting on the best league in the world, and a lot of times, players leave their NCAA team or US team and go to the OHL on the advice of their agents. You just get more exposure, more scouts see you and you play a lot more games, allowing your body to get used to the rigors of a 68 game regular season. Playing 68 games is just way superior to the NCAA usual of 30-35.....when you have a upcoming 82 game regular season in the NHL, 30+ just does not prepare your body properly. It's one of the big things the CHL holds over the NCAA.

This is just a great heads up gamble on the part of the London Knights.....and this is kinda thing is why they don't re-build, they re-load. Last year, they got Max Jones to leave the USDP to play in the OHL. Jones might just be a top 10 pick in the coming draft.

I can only imagine the carnage if Mitch Marner returned for his last season as a Knight (quite possible, still to skinny and small for the NHL), and Sonny Milano came over and played on the same line...they both would probably top 120+ pts.

WOOOHOOOOO, just checked, and as I suspected, the Spitfires play the Sarina Sting 4 more times, twice at Windsor and twice at the Sting.

Dates in Windsor for Travis.....Sunday Jan 31st (afternoon game)

....Thursday Mar 10th (7pm start)    Will be securing tickets for these games......VERY NICE!!

On 2016-01-07 at 6:58 AM, flyercanuck said:

Are you going to see the Spitfires on Saturday night?.....they boast 2 potential top 15 picks, Logan Brown, a big( 6'5 and 210) and Russian D-man Sergachev, who just played in the World Jrs for Russia.

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, we've got a box for that game....8 of us going.

Cool, I expect a full scouring report ...ha ha. Hopefully, you get to see our young star goalie DiePietro. That kid is going to be special. He was 16 when the season started, so lot's of time to mature and get better. He should be our starter for the next 4 years....at least 3....some say he might push for a Team Canada WJC next year....but maybe to early for that kinda talk. 

Another kid to watch out for is Logan Stanely, the Spits 1st round pick in 2015. He's a towering 6'6 d-man who can be physical and a force in front of his net. I've seen some mocks place him in the later 1st or early 2nd next year. He's a project type kid....but he has a lot of potential. He's basically learning on the fly this year, so some inconsistent play, but the talent is there.

This kid, Christiano Diglacinto was a Tampa Bay Lighnting 6th rounder from a few years ago. I like his speed and moves, he has an outside chance of cracking the Bolts roster some day.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=169341

I'm looking into tickets to see the Colts when they come....Thurs Feb 25th.

Whew, when the Sting come on Jan 31st, it's the off week after the NFL Conference Championships and a week before the Superbowl 50. VERY NICE.....I would not have gone if it conflicted with the NFL playoffs.!

56 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Cool, I expect a full scouring report ...ha ha. Hopefully, you get to see our young star goalie DiePietro. That kid is going to be special. He was 16 when the season started, so lot's of time to mature and get better. He should be our starter for the next 4 years....at least 3....some say he might push for a Team Canada WJC next year....but maybe to early for that kinda talk. 

Another kid to watch out for is Logan Stanely, the Spits 1st round pick in 2015. He's a towering 6'6 d-man who can be physical and a force in front of his net. I've seen some mocks place him in the later 1st or early 2nd next year. He's a project type kid....but he has a lot of potential. He's basically learning on the fly this year, so some inconsistent play, but the talent is there.

This kid, Christiano Diglacinto was a Tampa Bay Lighnting 6th rounder from a few years ago. I like his speed and moves, he has an outside chance of cracking the Bolts roster some day.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=169341

I'm looking into tickets to see the Colts when they come....Thurs Feb 25th.

Thanks for the heads up....though I'm not sure how close of tabs we'll be keeping on the game with 8 of us + beer...and a box isn't exactly the best place for it either. But I'll try...:biggrin:

Archived