Game #43 - Flyers at Red Wings - Jan 17 2016 - 7:30 ET

brelic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-11716--DET/45/74078

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 2.26 (28th), Red Wings 2.48 (20th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.60 (15th), Red Wings 2.55 (13th)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 61/62, Red Wings 71/63
Power play efficiency: Flyers 15.9% (28th), Red Wings 18.2% (16th)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 78.2% (25th), Red Wings 78.9% (23rd)
Shots per game: Flyers 30.2 (12th), Red Wings 28.4 (24th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 32.1 (29th), Red Wings 28.3 (26th)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 49.9% (T-18th), Red Wings 50.0% (T-15th)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

Flyers

93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White
24 Matt Read - 21 Scott Laughton - 20 R.J. Umberger

15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
82 Evgeny Medvedev - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

30 Michal Neuvirth
[35 Steve Mason]

Scratches: Brandon Manning (healthy), Jordan Weal (healthy).

Red Wings

14 Gustav Nyquist - 40 Henrik Zetterberg - 8 Justin Abdelkader
21 Tomas Tatar - 13 Pavel Datsyuk - 43 Darren Helm
71 Dylan Larkin - 15 Riley Sheahan - 17 Brad Richards
26 Tomas Jurco    - 41 Luke Glendening - 56 Teemu Pulkkinen

55 Niklas Kronwall - 52 Jonathan Ericsson
65 Dan DeKeyser - 27 Kyle Quincey
2 Brendan Smith - 25 Mike Green

34 Petr Mrazek
[35 Jimmy Howard]

Scratches: Joakim Andersson (healthy), Alexey Marchenko (healthy), Drew Miller (IR, knee), Johan Franzén (IR, concussion).

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd like to see anyone get a look in Umbergers spot.

Agreed. But Weal's speed especially I think would be a good fit alongside Laughton. I'd also like to see Gagner back (Hextall made it sound like he would be, but that was a week or so ago. Might be another trade in the works?) and given some playing time again.

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Weal expected to be in Flyers' lineup for first time. Will know for sure around 5:30.

So i wonder who is out?? I hope RJ.

Who was it that came off the ice(but did not stay off) after blocking a shot yesterday? Raffl, was it?

So far, a goalie clinic. But I really would love to see some more speed in our line-up.  We are playing a very sound game. But we aren't mustering good chances other than Simmonds. Neuvirth is great.  At least we don't have to worry about goal.  

Howie

Miracles never cease to happen.  Neuvy and our top line come through.  It's the kind of game that makes you think what we might be with one or two more scorers.  This was a disciplined game. The coach has them playing like a team.  The "problem" is that we take ourselves out of the running for a game changing pick.  Such is life.

Howie

3 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

This has to qualify as one of the poorest officiated games this year......and they did it on National TV too. Really glad thet Nuevy held on for the Win.

Totally agree.  The NHL needs to fine Jackson and fire Hebert.  Or just fire both...

2 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Totally agree.  The NHL needs to fine Jackson and fire Hebert.  Or just fire both...

That guy has sodomized the Flyers so many times that the Flyers Players started sending him lube for xmas............:o

6 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The NHL never holds their officials accountable, or admits when they blow calls.

THAT was Hockey! A fun spirited game, as a Wing fan obviously I would have rather seen two points but it was a fun game. both teams carried the puck well, lots of big saves on both ends, Voracek Grinning skyward after being robbed by Mrazek, the cheap hit by White, the Flyers 5 minute kill, the Wings 5-3 kill, the officiating was simply dreadful which took a bit of the luster off the game but it was fun. The type that you hope that Non Hockey fans can tune into so they can understand how you can get enjoyment out of a low scoring game.

As for White, cheap hit suspension worthy IMHO. Targeted the head, 2 games max. Of course the way the league is dishing suspension nowadays, I believe they spin a wheel and throw a dart, whatever it lands upon is what they go with. Hoepfully it does not land upon public flogging....

As someone who only tunes in 6-8 Flyer games a year I have to say that Neuvirth was solid in net for your boys, VERY impressed with Ghost. Voracek has struggled to score all year but he was firing them yesterday. I don't know if he has been consistently robbed or what but his confidence seemed fine.

Good game. We will get you next time.

Archived