How many games for White?

hf101

How many Games for White?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What suspension will the League hand out to Ryan White?

• The call on the ice is enough. No extra suspension.
    • 1-2 games
    • 3-4 games
    • 5 games or more

Ryan White received a match penalty for his blindside hit to the head on Red Wings forward Tomas Jurco  This is White’s first match penalty of the season, however he received two separate 10-minute misconducts less than a month ago

His last suspension was for five games for this hit in 2013:

How many games should White get or was the game misconduct enough?

Well, wasn't two years enough to consider Cooke "reformed"? Whatever a first time offender gets should be fair.

He'll get a few extra for the crest more than likely, but stranger things have happened.

50 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Ryan White received a match penalty for his blindside hit to the head on Red Wings forward Tomas Jurco  This is White’s first match penalty of the season, however he received two separate 10-minute misconducts less than a month ago

His last suspension was for five games for this hit in 2013:

How many games should White get or was the game misconduct enough?

I say none it looked just Rinaldo's hit on Coots sure he made contact with his head a little but initial contact was to the body chest area....just like on Coots....right...so there should be none...but he is a Flyer so it coukd be 5 games.

Can someone post the Rinaldo hit i'm talking about here i can't really i'm at work.

I think the call on the ice was too much. A 5-min major for what exactly? It wasn't a head shot, he didn't leave his feet, the hit wasn't late. It's a hockey play to me nothing more.

[edit: the league will prob give him 2 games]

1 minute ago, canoli said:

I think the call on the ice was too much. A 5-min major for what exactly? It wasn't a head shot, he didn't leave his feet, the hit wasn't late. It's a hockey play to me nothing more.

He's a Flyer they use to be he Broad Street bully it's the 40 years ago reputation they'll never be able to shake...to me it look like the Zac/Coots hit except from the side so Zac got nothing why should White....besides him being a Flyer.

Yeah OR that's why I cast my vote for "1-2 games" - not necessarily because of the Flyers' reputation but maybe b/c it was a nationally televised game? I don't know I just get the feeling they'll suspend White for a game or 2.

I sure don't agree with suspending White. That play didn't even warrant a penalty imho.

I think the call on the ice was too much. That being said, he is a Flyer so 3 or 4 games is not out of the question.....Skates on the ice,elbow down, shoulder to chest for the principle hit and the puck was there.

I think 3-4. 

It was direct to the face, at least one skate is up (I don't think both), the primary point of contact was the face and he drove up and it was late. (can we be honest in the descriptions?  The goalie had the puck when he's hit; it's absolutely not there.  And chests do not have a face on them). 

I forget the statute of limitations on being a repeat offender.  If he is considered a newbie, probably 2 games. If he's a repeat offender, he probably does jail time. 

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think 3-4. 

It was direct to the face, at least one skate is up (I don't think both), the primary point of contact was the face and he drove up and it was late. (can we be honest in the descriptions?  The goalie had the puck when he's hit; it's absolutely not there.  And chests do not have a face on them). 

I forget the statute of limitations on being a repeat offender.  If he is considered a newbie, probably 2 games. If he's a repeat offender, he probably does jail time. 

Obviously not..............you certainly are not . His principle contact is shoulder to chest and his head whiplashes down into his shoulder.......

2 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Obviously not..............you certainly are not . His principle contact is shoulder to chest and his head whiplashes down into his shoulder.......

Yeah, okay. 

Sorry. That's delusional 

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think 3-4. 

I haven't seen an angle where you can see the Jurco's face.  Everything I've seen is from behind.

EDIT:  I see the 2nd angle in the video above that is from the side and you can see his face.

Just now, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I haven't seen an angle where you can see the Jurco's face.  Everything I've seen is from behind.

The video on this thread has it from the side and it's pretty clear 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. If he had targeted his head with that hit, Jurco would have left the ice on a stretcher. The puck is less than a tenth of a second off of his stick when he is hit.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I see contact to the body 1st and hen the head whip lashes from impact and make contact then but i guess people will see what they want to see.

#Dillusinal

At first, I thought it should be none, after seeing that last angle in the posted video, I do see where the face is the primary point of contact.  1-2 games should be sufficient in my opinion.  I don't think the head was intentionally targeted, but so often these guys drive upwards during their hits.  He drove upwards a split second too early, which is why the head was the primary point of contact.

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I think 3-4. 

I agree with you here Ruxpin.  I thought this was much dirtier than the Rinaldo hit.  Rinaldo stayed low, got mostly chest, and the puck was close.  White almost tore his arm out by raising it so high and the puck was nowhere near him.  The contact was close but it looks like mostly jaw area to me.  He my have grazed the chest first but not enough to say that was the point of contact.

I think he'll get a few games mostly because of how late it was.  If the puck was close, they could have said "yeah it was dirty but he was trying to make a hard hockey play".  Since it was so late I think it shows that he had intent to injure.

It was .58 seconds late. They timed it on the broadcast. If you are going to argue that white needs to be suspended,  don't make stuff up and say the hit was "so late" .  Crap like that drives me nuts. 

We can argue if it was a hit to the head or not. That was close. I could see an argument for either side (I think the hit was borderline but more body then anything else).  I don't think he should be suspended, but I think he will be for 1-2 (I could live with that).  Any more then that,  we can start talking conspiracy ?

Huge Ryan White fan.  But the hit was late, (.58 sec is a lot of time/distance in a fast game like hockey) pricipal point of contact (which means what point absorbs most of the impact, not 1st point of contact) is the head, and he's a Flyer  (sorry, but that factors in).  And whether or not they consider him a repeat offender?  That math = 2+ to me.

.8 seconds is what the league supposedly says it the line of late or not. That means that is not a factor in their decision and should not be. Like I said, we can argue the hit but not the timing. 

We will see what the league says. Could go either way with them.  Would not put any money on this one. I just think the hit was more to the body then anything else. We will just have to agree to disagree on this aspect of the hit.

Not saying your wrong, just saying I'm right. ☺

Good Morning Everyone,

Missed the game last night.  Just saw the video hf posted.  My thoughts are as follows:

1) at first watch I thought it was a clean hit.

2) 2nd angle tells a different story

3) good news...he DOES NOT leave his feet and he DOES NOT lead with his elbow

569cf13b57ccc_White4.jpg.f4bb12fadd3f802

4) it appears he was targeting his chest BUT unfortunately he hit Jurco between his head and upper chest

569cf139b53b1_White3.jpg.b656bebff558e0d

569cf1386625a_White1.jpg.7180ad88cda6279

569cf11f423de_White1.jpg.a76b6baaa1ecbe5

5) I don't think it was malicious in anyway.  Just a hockey play that years ago would have come and gone.  With that being said, in today's hockey world and everyone concerned about concussions, I think he gets 1 or 2 games.  All of us on here have seen far worse.

that's one of those, hey i might as well hit the guy plays that guys like White get into the league making.

I don't think it was malicious be he does ring Jurco's bell pretty good. He definitely hits his mellon . I don't think the hit was super late , in slow motion of course it's almost 3 seconds but real time it's about a half second. 

i think the refs got the call right, i don't think there needs to be any further punishment but i would not be surprised to see Ryan miss a game... i think that sucks , i like him and his game a lot and hope he continues to play it... He Bellmare and CVV are a good checking line.

Archived