Who Is The Best Forward On The Washington Capitals

JagerMeister

Who is the best forward on the washington capitals?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best forward on the washington capitals?

• Alexander Ovechkin
    • Nicklas Backstrom
    • Evgeny Kuznestov

This year, Backstrom and Ovechkin are excellent as expected. But who would have thought Kuznetsov would be their leading point producer, and over a PPG as well. He definitely possessed the talent, but I don't think people expected it this early. He currently averages around 17 minutes a game, and is third in primary assists. That is astounding considering how much less ice time he receives in comparison to the top 10 point producers, which he is currently amongst right now. Some detractors might mention that he plays on the second line, but Ovechkin isn't his regular linemate. Now, what the other two have in value over Kuznetsov is Backstrom's stellar defensive play and Ovechkin's goal scoring. But I think there is an adequate argument to be made for Kuznetsov being their best forward this year. Ofc, this is me out of the most recent games I have viewed this year. Perhaps posters that watch them on a more regular basis can attest who the best forward has been.

• 9 months later...

C'mon, the guy gets beat up on for the teams lack of postseason success but he is one of the greatest ever among wingers. By the time he hangs up the skates he will be top five at his position. Enough of this, he deserves credit for being the player that he is.

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

C'mon, the guy gets beat up on for the teams lack of postseason success but he is one of the greatest ever among wingers. By the time he hangs up the skates he will be top five at his position. Enough of this, he deserves credit for being the player that he is.

I'd take him on the Flyers in heartbeat!!!

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I'd take him on the Flyers in heartbeat!!!

I would trade Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha for him and I would not want to get rid of either especially both for too many players.

Yes, he has defensive deficiencies yes he can float like a butterfly at times but he stings like a two hundred pound bee on steroids and is absolutely the best pure goal scorer of his generation. The fault in the postseason is more a fault of the GM not putting pieces together that can win come May and June. Winning in the postseason takes more than one player and anyone who has watched the Caps in the postseason can clearly see that he brings it, that he has another gear. This year the only offseason addition was Eller, a bottom six forward, is that Ovie's fault? Love the guy. 

Archived