Lucic sucker punches Coyote-ejected

yave1964

Lucic Suspended 1 Game for Sucker Punch  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Suspension?

• Deserving of 1 Game
    • No need for a Suspension
    • This is a Slap on the Wrist for Lucic

Milan Lucic is at it again.

The cheapest of cheap players in the NHL today with torres suspended and Matt Cooke gone to whatever cave Matt Cooke's go to when nobody wants them anymore, last night was angered by a slash across his wrists by Coyote d-man Kevin Connauten. Lucic responded by sucker punching Connauten in the face behind the net and drawing a game misconduct and possibly (hopefully) a meeting with the league.

But rather than sounding contrite, Lucic grunted and blamed the ref. Seriously. Lucic went off after the game against Ref Brad Meier, stating that Meier has it in for him.

View image on Twitter

So it is Connauten's fault, and the ref's fault, and the guy selling soda in the fourth row distracted him, and his mommy didn't give him the love he needed when he was a small child, essentially like everything else with Lucic he blames everyone else.

Usually in situations like this, I say somewhere in my post "Well I Iost a little bit of respect for insert name here because of this". But as those old Billy Preston lyrics go(I know I know, I'm old), "Nothing from nothing leaves nothing".   Have not had any respect for Lucic for at least, ahhhhh,  well never. 

Milan Lucic is the classic example of the bully who cries like a baby when someone does to him what he does to everyone else. He loves to dish stuff out, but can't take it at all. Yep Milan, you got a slash across wrist during a scramble around the net, like that only has ever happened to you?  But we're all so glad to see that you responded in such a classless manner. We'd expect nothing less from you 

By the way Milan, you didn't get tossed for sucker punching someone in the head, which could have gotten you a five right there(we'll give you the slash to the back of the legs for free today, we have a special going). But when you dropped your binky and rattle, didn't go to the box, started screaming at the official, pointing at him and verbally abusing him, THAT'S why you got the extra misconduct. The only person who can't figure that out is you.  

Okay NHL, here's another chance. You want to protect players from injuries caused by unnecessary hits to the head. Let's see what you do.  Insert sounds of crickets chirping here.

Maybe I should stay out of this, but what the hell. I'll play devil's advocate. If the ref calls a penalty on the slasher (it is against the rules you know - even if your name is Lucic) do you think Lucic does anything? I think he is just defending himself, and I'll bet the slasher won't do that again. As far as the misconduct goes, it was deserved but not unwarrented by Lucic.

Personally I'm tired of all these mamby-pamby stick fouls that go uncalled. Good for Lucic.

The proper call would have been two minutes for slashing on Connauten in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

26 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

The proper call would have been two minutes for slashing on Connauten in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

Whereas this is probably the most correct call, anytime Lucic gets tossed is okay by me. He has a long list of cheap shots away from the play that HE has gotten away with over the years. I guess Connauten was busy covering his boys to protect them when Lucic finally "manned up" and hit him in the face.

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Maybe I should stay out of this, but what the hell. I'll play devil's advocate. If the ref calls a penalty on the slasher (it is against the rules you know - even if your name is Lucic) do you think Lucic does anything? I think he is just defending himself, and I'll bet the slasher won't do that again. As far as the misconduct goes, it was deserved but not unwarrented by Lucic.

Not disagreeing at all. Watch any game and you can see all sorts of penalties that are not called.  Other players don't like it and complain too.  But not every other player goes and sucker punches the offender.  

And his justification is just wrong. How does he know that nothing was going to be called until he responded, he has no proof.  There was no thought process there, he was offended that someone slashed him, and he reacted in a very inappropriate way no matter if the other call was being made or not. Like a petulant little child who thinks different rules apply to him for and against.  

Ahhh....was wondering how long before Lucic had another of his infamous 'tough guy' tantrums.

Scuttlebutt was that Lucic has not been the same player since changing locker room addresses from Boston to LA.

That he had somehow, lost his 'edge', and wasn't the same effective bully and whiner he was with the Bruins.

Well, fear not, Kings fans, the Lucic Lullaby is alive n well, as evidenced by this latest outburst. An outburst, that you know, is TOTALLY justified because it is just him, and ONLY him, that refs (especially that demon Brad Meier) have it in for.

Yes sir.....people in LA will learn soon enough:  It's not what Milan does to others, it is what is done to HIM that matters. Classic WWE performer (complete with heel self promo by Lucic), running around masquerading as an NHL hockey player.

And this is Lucic's last year of his contract. He likely will want a bit of a bump in pay. LA just signed Anze Kopitar to a big deal and have a few other pieces they may want to stow away some money for. Lucic may not be in their plans.

Thus, Mr. Lucic has to raise his stock by telling the fans, the league, and potential GM's, "Hey, look, I am STILL the same ol bully I was in Boston! Your franchise needs some attention, needs a spotlight (never mind that the spotlight may be stained with blood once in a while), then SIGN ME!"

Somewhere, buried under the snows of the East Coast, a lonely, saddened Brad Marchand laments........ "That is my Lucic.....he is MY winger.....he used to be such a wonderful a-hole for me, for the black n gold....oh, Milan, come home..."  :lol:

I have no problem with him sitting for a game especially since he ran his trap at the official.  Personally, in any other professional sports league, if a player calls out an official it is an automatic donation to the kiddie fund.  Hockey, and more importantly, Lucic should not be exempt.  Besides sitting out a game he should be made to pony up a portion of his check to the league.    Just my two cents.......

21 hours ago, nossagog said:

Good on the NHL for giving him a game to sit down and think about it.  Not that thinking about anything does Lucic any good

Agreed.  What does a douche bag do when it's not being used?  It festers.

There comes that point where it would just be fun to throw Lucic into a cage with Alistair Overeem just to show him he is not the alpha male he thinks he is. he would probably wet himself before Overeem even came near him.

Overeem is a Dutch Kickboxer who looks like someone Marvel Comics drew up genetically engineered to #^$% your girlfriend. Shamelessly stole that line from Cracked :P

012_Alistair_Overeem.jpg

Archived