Pens back on track?

flyercanuck

The Penguins have seemingly started to rebound from their terrible half season. They won 3 of their last 4 including managing a win at home against the Flyers...a rare occurrence indeed.

Just thought I'd post here because apparently Pens fans really are fair weather and this forum has barely had a pulse this season when they aren't near the top of the standings. 

(This is as far as I go trying to save Pens...not giving you guys the first pick in the draft to save your forum) :lol:

More over work and travel has dominated my time.  

But as far as the Pens, and have they turned it around?  Maybe. I like the up temp game, but they still have issues on the back end.  I still don't see what Rutherford saw in Lovejoy.   No speed.  At least he has a large frame ala the S.S. Gil. If he'd only use it.  But my biggest concern lately has Maatta. Don't know if its from the injuries or not, but man is he being exposed as slow. Yesterday Hansen blew by him like he was nothing. And its becoming a habit. Daley has worked out quite well so far. 

The Hagelin trade I think will benefit them. Although  he may not score a lot of goals, he's meshing with Malkin and is creating chances for his line.  Add to that the fact that he's a great pickup for the penalty kill, and I think its a winner for the Pens.

But with the Pens, we'll see how they hold up for the end of the year.  The past few years they have been decimated by key injuries.

They ( the Pens) look more like what i was expecting all year. 

I like the addition of Hagelin he's a burner and plays a decent 200ft game, his hands aren't the best but he can birddog pucks in corners and back defenders off with his speed.  Same with Daley, he's a forward leaning guy whose speed makes the whole team more dangerous.

They also have to love having Breck girl back, he's their best defender, everyone moves down a notch when he's in the line-up he can still skate and is so smart in the neutral and offensive zones...his health is key. i will always think he can be fore-checked but he makes that team go every bit as much as Crosby or Malkinstien.

Doumoulin and Maata are young and it shows, i'm not impressed with Doumoulin but i do think Maata is keeper. the weakness is in the defense that will be what makes or breaks them.

They look like they could be a dangerous team come playoff time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy with work lately. Still don't think the Pens will make the playoffs. I  hope they do! Should they make it! They are out in 5 games just like last year! Fleury last 2 games is why I have doubt's about the playoffs! Something has to be done about that! I would suggest trading him to get some draft picks, I don't think there would be takers anyway! I think he had a no trade clause in his contracwhich is unfortunate for this team!

On 1/24/2016 at 10:12 AM, flyercanuck said:

The Penguins have seemingly started to rebound from their terrible half season. They won 3 of their last 4 including managing a win at home against the Flyers...a rare occurrence indeed.

Just thought I'd post here because apparently Pens fans really are fair weather and this forum has barely had a pulse this season when they aren't near the top of the standings. 

(This is as far as I go trying to save Pens...not giving you guys the first pick in the draft to save your forum) :lol:

Rutherford and fleury are the Pens thorn in their side! I'm hoping it's Jim last year!

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

I've been busy with work lately. Still don't think the Pens will make the playoffs. I  hope they do! Should they make it! They are out in 5 games just like last year! Fleury last 2 games is why I have doubt's about the playoffs! Something has to be done about that! I would suggest trading him to get some draft picks, I don't think there would be takers anyway! I think he had a no trade clause in his contracwhich is unfortunate for this team!

How many exclamation marks!, can I add!...in one sentence!!! :ph34r:

Seriously though, that's some good old Fleury bashing. All of which is incorrect. :P

29 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

How many exclamation marks!, can I add!...in one sentence!!! :ph34r:

Seriously though, that's some good old Fleury bashing. All of which is incorrect. :P

Have you watched his last 2 games?! Obviously not!!

On 1/24/2016 at 10:12 AM, flyercanuck said:

Obviously we are tanking for a high pick to save our forum.  :P

As for the team itself, I remain cautiously optimistic.  Tomorrow's game will be a big measuring stick for me.  Even with their play of late they are still mired in the shite-storm known as "3rd-through-13th-place" in the Eastern Conference.

Archived