Lucic Punches a Ref

hf101

I bet the league will look at this - and the linesman who got cross checked in Calgary and hand out some hefty suspensions (or at least they certainly should).

No excuses for this one, Milan...:mad:

Did you guys know that "Lucic" is Slavic/Croatian for "Cro-Magnon"? 

cromagpapa.jpg

Oh, it's true, it's true!

Anyways....it's a contract year for Milan.

He wants to make sure his agent has ALL SORTS of leverage to use in negotiations, and well, you know chewing out officials, then punching them "accidentally" ALWAYS looks good on your resume, right? :ermm:

The Wideman was more egregious and deserving of a suspension, this was Lucic trying to punch an Avalanche player and hitting the ref. Unfortunately it happens much more than it should.

I posted elsewhere that I am tired to death of every time the goalie gobbles up the puck with players milling around it has to turn into a scrum with morons like Doan and Lucic punching people WITH THEIR GLOVES ON. That is their chicken@$#@ way of avoiding five for fighting and of avoiding someone clocking them. Tired of that. You start swinging on someone with your gloves on, you absolutely deserve at least two minutes, right now it is every game, someone bends the rules and punches without dropping them. It needs to be addressed. It is already out of hand and will get worse. Lucic is the worst of the lot, that is why I was so happy when he got taken to task by Dalton Prout for his antics last year (and why I was thrilled that Bogosian turned the tables on Doan a few weeks ago by beating up on Duclair and OEL, two non fighters as revenge for Doan taking liberties with O'Reilly) this has no place in the game. The league has clamped down on fighting to where morons like Lucic and his ilk feel they can do what they want with no punishment.

9 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

The Wideman was more egregious and deserving of a suspension, this was Lucic trying to punch an Avalanche player and hitting the ref. Unfortunately it happens much more than it should.

I posted elsewhere that I am tired to death of every time the goalie gobbles up the puck with players milling around it has to turn into a scrum with morons like Doan and Lucic punching people WITH THEIR GLOVES ON. That is their chicken@$#@ way of avoiding five for fighting and of avoiding someone clocking them. Tired of that. You start swinging on someone with your gloves on, you absolutely deserve at least two minutes, right now it is every game, someone bends the rules and punches without dropping them. It needs to be addressed. It is already out of hand and will get worse. Lucic is the worst of the lot, that is why I was so happy when he got taken to task by Dalton Prout for his antics last year (and why I was thrilled that Bogosian turned the tables on Doan a few weeks ago by beating up on Duclair and OEL, two non fighters as revenge for Doan taking liberties with O'Reilly) this has no place in the game. The league has clamped down on fighting to where morons like Lucic and his ilk feel they can do what they want with no punishment.

We keep coming back to the fact that the instigator penalty is a bad idea. Players like Lucic/Doan/Roussell get away with picking fights without being penalized because they start the crap but don't drop their gloves. It sometimes reminds me of the 80's WWF scripted routines......

Archived