Flyer player rankings after the game....

OccamsRazor

Image result for philadelphia flyers 2015-2016 team picture

I'm just going to list the Flyer players ranking according to who i think is most important to the team.

Contracts and how much they make per year and all that jazz i'm not taking into consideration as part of how i decide this. And they need to be up...on the AHL club do not count...dressed or scratched only (or on IR or injured).

Just something different heading into the All-star break. I will rank Dmen separately as well as goalie.

Just another way to discuss the current team. And this ranking i will try to update after another game.

Forwards:

1- Giroux

2-Voracek 

3-Simmonds

4-Coots

5-Schenn

6-Read

7-Raffl

8-Bellemare

9-White

10-Laughton

11-Gagner

12-Weal

13-RJ

14-Van De Velde

Defense:

1-Ghost

2-MDZ

3-Gudas

4-Medvedev

5-Manning

6-Streit

7-Schultz

Goaltending:

1-Neuvy

2_Mase

Sorry you might not agree with it but it is how i call it as of now. I know many won't like RJ ahead of Van de velde but i just think i notice RJ more and like what he brings over CVV.

Please feel free to add or rank them in your own way. Nice to head into the break with a win...against the best team in the NHL right now. Even without Coots.

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If you're going to rate the players from their play last game, how do you have non-playing Couturier ahead of goalscorers Schenn and White? :ermm:

Well if you re-read my post i stated dressed or scratched on guys on IR (which he is on) or injured. So i have Coots ahead of Brayden but it's only one spot. I think he plays a more important role. As stated last night's win was only the 2nd of the season in 9 games without Coots. So therefor i have him slightly ahead of him.......sorry you no like!!!:hyper:

OR - I agree Couturier is more important to the team....which you said. Of course then you also said you're deciding this by " just their play....just from their play from last game" which is the part I had the issue with. :)

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

OR - I agree Couturier is more important to the team....which you said. Of course then you also said you're deciding this by " just their play....just from their play from last game" which is the part I had the issue with. :)

Ok. I have updated my post so hopefully we won't need further clarification..................but i won't hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Muy bueno!

Umberger should still be last. :lol:

I think he brings more value than Vandevelde....but that is about it. Vandevelde killed a few good cycles last night for PEB and White so  i have to drop him to dead last. But he is the only one RJ is above.

Umberger had a wide open net and shot it into Holtbys glove. He had another great scoring chance handed to him and RJed it as well. 

At least we know Vandevelde played for the coach so there's sort of a lameass reason to play him. 

28 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Umberger had a wide open net and shot it into Holtbys glove. He had another great scoring chance handed to him and RJed it as well. 

At least we know Vandevelde played for the coach so there's sort of a lameass reason to play him. 

That and you have to play someone.

I'd go with a 4th line of White - PEB - Umberger and sit VDV. Let Umberger kill penalties in VDV's spot. Give Laughton Gagner and Weal and see what they can do.

What's so terrible about VDV? To me that 4th line - when it's PEB-White-VDV - is perfectly fine. Don't expect them to rush the puck, create scoring chances etc. They do their job well imo, generally speaking.

I think if Hextall could lose the 3 Duds, Raffl, Read and Umberger - whatever it takes - and bring in some fresh blood it could boost secondary scoring in a big way. It would also diminish the need for a "true sniper" in the process. I think those 3 guys hurt the team and hamstring Hakstol more than it looks at first glance.

I don't see a lot wrong with the Flyers considering who's in the pipeline. Get Couturier back healthy, let Laughton keep racking up experience and the Flyers are a few trades and a few AHL-promotions away from being legitimate Cup contenders (trade Streit, lose the 3 duds I mentioned, pray Morin, Sanheim and/or Provorov are NHL D-men) .

2 hours ago, canoli said:

What's so terrible about VDV?

Nothing besides him being unimpressive and killing PEB and White's momentum with their cycle someone has to sit and well i guess Hak has already defended RJ so i would like to see Gagner in the lineup instead of him.

Nothing personal someone has to be the odd man out. So Vandevelde is the one i'd sit.

I wouldn't mind seeing Weal in the lineup more too but someone else would have to sit for that to happen wouldn't hurt to send Laughton down i think. 

Personally, I'd most like to sit Umberger and Vandevelde when the team is healthy. See if you can get something going in the bottom six by injecting a bit more skill there. Move Read back up to Couturier's line when Couturier comes back. Drop Raffl to 3 or 4. Play Weal and Gagner on a nightly basis. See if you have anything worth keeping around.

well...all I'd say in defense of VDV is don't expect your 4th line to rush the puck and create scoring chances. I think he works well with PEB and White. They do what they're asked to do most shifts.

Gagner is odd-man-out, why I have no idea. Seems to me all he needs is ice time and he'll find ways to contribute. He's a "north-south" type who doesn't fool away his shifts trying to get cute, which the Flyers could use. But obviously Hakstol doesn't value him in the least.

Meanwhile RJ "Going On Fifty Games" Umberger, with more than half of the net wide open fires the puck into the one small spot where Holtby stuck his glove. Unreal. This guy isn't snake bit he's fkn toast.

27 minutes ago, canoli said:

well...all I'd say in defense of VDV is don't expect your 4th line to rush the puck and create scoring chances.

See that is the rub.

He is on the 3rd line with PEB and White..so scratch CVV and dress Weal and put him on the wing on the 3rd.

The 4th that was RJ, Laughton and Gagner which i liked.

Right, which is why I said I like the 4th line "when it's PEB-White-VDV." I can't understand Hakstol's handling of Gagner at all. Or Umberger for that matter. But early in the year the 4th line was PEB, White and VDV and they did a great job. In fact early on many nights they created the best scoring chances. Why Hakstol thinks he needs to tinker it with is beyond me. Those 3 guys are the definition of 4th liners.

I would roll with these lines.....

17- 28 - 93
19 - 14 - 10
12 - 89 - 24
76 - 78 - 25

15 - 3

82 - 32

23 - 53

Scratches- 20 55

oh-yeahh.gif

I would roll with this after the All star break and return Laughton to the Phantoms so he could work on his game playing 18-20 minutes a night versus 8 minutes on the Flyers.

On 1/28/2016 at 8:13 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Image result for philadelphia flyers 2015-2016 team picture

I'm just going to list the Flyer players ranking according to who i think is most important to the team.

Contracts and how much they make per year and all that jazz i'm not taking into consideration as part of how i decide this. And they need to be up...on the AHL club do not count...dressed or scratched only (or on IR or injured).

Just something different heading into the All-star break. I will rank Dmen separately as well as goalie.

Just another way to discuss the current team. And this ranking i will try to update after another game.

Forwards:

1- Giroux

2-Voracek 

3-Simmonds

4-Coots

5-Schenn

6-Read

7-Raffl

8-Bellemare

9-White

10-Laughton

11-Gagner

12-Weal

13-RJ

14-Van De Velde

Defense:

1-Ghost

2-MDZ

3-Gudas

4-Medvedev

5-Manning

6-Streit

7-Schultz

Goaltending:

1-Neuvy

2_Mase

Sorry you might not agree with it but it is how i call it as of now. I know many won't like RJ ahead of Van de velde but i just think i notice RJ more and like what he brings over CVV.

Please feel free to add or rank them in your own way. Nice to head into the break with a win...against the best team in the NHL right now. Even without Coots.

I'd move Coots to #2 Forward.  He went down, they immediately lost 3 games.  It's no coincidence.  No one wants to admit it, but he's absolutely the 2ndary key to this team.  In a perfect world Jake is #2, and lately he's been playing a bit more like it, but Coots is the 2nd most important player on the ice... when he actually is back on the ice.

Archived