The Provorov

flyercanuck

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheProvost?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Between him Ghost and Sanheim, are our forwards going to know what the hell is going on out there?

I think they may actually get caught watching with amazement........to think that Ghost as good as he has been may be the the "3rd" guy back on the Flyer's backend once Ivan and Travis arrive...words can't express how anxious i am waiting to see them on the lineup card.

Wow...the Flyers have defensemen that can actually skate. What a novel idea! 

Seriously...those are some slick/sick moves that Provorov put on that forward.  Almost daring them saying ..."Catch me if you can!"  It is going to be fun watching these guys grow together as a team.  IMO, players such as  Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, and Konecny are all players that are going to shine/excel in Hakstol's system.  Just need to be a bit more patient to shed some more dead weight from this team.

The kid can score too!  Watch below:

I'm really excited about what Konecny can bring to the table. So far in 38 games he has 14 Goals and 46 Assists for 60 points with a (+ 11) and only 15 PIM.

A talented scoring forward that can play either as a center or on the wing; plays with the bite and intensity of a guy who is willing to do anything to win a game. Possesses dynamic skating ability that allows him to accelerate rapidly with each step, incredible hockey sense, electrifying puckhandling skills, and a lightning release on his shot; when you put this skillset together with hard-nosed determination, proactiveness in all three zones, and a physical willingness to grind and persevere, you get a game-changer who can be extremely difficult to play against.

@pilldoc

One thing I'm really liking about Konecny is he's shooting more since the trade. He had 7 g in 29 games for Ottawa...he has 7  in 10 games with Sarnia. He's always had a good shot and a nice release, but was just an unselfish player and usually looked to pass. Glad to see him be a bit selfish.

And since the WJs Provorov has been playing with a bit more of an edge. 

• 2 months later...

So I see that the Wheaties dropped the first two games (at home no less) in their opening round series against the Oil Kings. So, Ivan could be done playing hockey as early as Sunday. 

Could the Flyers bring him in? Why not? He can't be worse than McDud or Shcultz can he be?

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

@Podein25

Not opposed to it, but how does that work out contract wise?  I confess I don't know all the ins and outs of contracts.

He signed his ELC in the summer I believe, so he's under contract. If he was to play more than 9 games he would burn a year of his ELC. I think playoff games would count toward the 9. I think. 

On 3/30/2016 at 2:01 PM, Podein25 said:

He signed his ELC in the summer I believe, so he's under contract. If he was to play more than 9 games he would burn a year of his ELC. I think playoff games would count toward the 9. I think. 

Sanheim is available now for sure. Calgary was eliminated while as of right now Provorov's team is still alive.

Sanheim would make a very nice improvement over Manning i think.

But i'm sure he will finish the season with the Phantoms first. 

Then if the Flyers make it he would be one of the black aces.

Morin could get a look to once the AHL season is over too. During practices of course first. In fact Morin could be a 1st option or even Hagg because their ELC is already ticking.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sanheim is available now for sure. Calgary was eliminated while as of right now Provorov's team is still alive.

Sanheim would make a very nice improvement over Manning i think.

But i'm sure he will finish the season with the Phantoms first. 

Then if the Flyers make it he would be one of the black aces.

Morin could get a look to once the AHL season is over too. During practices of course first. In fact Morin could be a 1st option or even Hagg because their ELC is already ticking.

Yeah Brandon had come back after dropping the opening 2 games at home. Will likely win the series. Game 5 today.

The thing is, only Provorov is remotely ready to step into an NHL game IMHO

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

The thing is, only Provorov is remotely ready to step into an NHL game IMHO

I agree but i must admit i'd be intrigued to see what Sanheim could add to the back end even if in limited minutes on the bottom pair and the 2nd PP. I'm thinking he could certainly be better than Manning already. But i'm sure they wouldn't play him unless they knew it wouldn't overwhelm him.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree but i must admit i'd be intrigued to see what Sanheim could add to the back end even if in limited minutes on the bottom pair and the 2nd PP. I'm thinking he could certainly be better than Manning already. But i'm sure they wouldn't play him unless they knew it wouldn't overwhelm him.

Yeah, but who do you pair Sanheim with to protect him? Gudas? Manning hasn't been that bad lately....

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, but who do you pair Sanheim with to protect him? Gudas? Manning hasn't been that bad lately....

47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
77 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas :heart:

So he could get limited/sheltered minutes.

But it would be a huge task for a kid to go from juniors to the NHL playoffs. But i can dream.

You'd think someone like Hagg or Morin who have been in the AHL would get 1st crack.

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Sam Carchidi Retweeted

Travis Sanheim will be heading to #LVPhantoms on an ATO now that his WHL team Calgary has been eliminated from their playoff run.

The ball has started rolling!!!

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
77 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas :heart:

So he could get limited/sheltered minutes.

But it would be a huge task for a kid to go from juniors to the NHL playoffs. But i can dream.

You'd think someone like Hagg or Morin who have been in the AHL would get 1st crack.

I don't think Morin is ready. And Hagg is an enigma

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I don't think Morin is ready. And Hagg is an enigma

Agree on both counts. Morin needs to be brought along very gradually...exactly like Hextalls doing. And Hagg was probably closer a year ago.

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Crazy eh? Our great track record of developing D-men probably hasn't helped Robert though.

I think not having a good coach has hurt Robert and the whole damn Phantom team. I mean really Gordon's only help is Riley Cote??? Get the f**k outta here no wonder they are missing the playoffs again. Get a real coaching staff for these kids. You're investing the resources to draft these guys now. Get them some real coaches to help prepare them.

I'd love to see Kimmo down there coaching.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

OR - The team they beat in the dub.

Thanks for the answer wasn't sure. That makes sense.

So hat would be crazy for the team who loses the WHL title game to win the Memorial Cup! Has that ever happened something like that?

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

Exciting times ahead, to be sure. Howe, MCrimmon, Crossman were not a bad 3some either. Hope Hexy can find a couple of power forwards who can avail themselves of all the backend skill.

Yes those are a great threesome which i never got to see.

But the future looks brighter than even that i think...

Provorov-Sanheim

Morin-Ghost

Hagg-Meyers

Willcox-Friedman

Alt

Man Flyers have ned been this deep.

It will take some time till this all comes to fruition and not sure of all the pairs and stuff but man what is not to like about that D corp?????

Archived