Are the Habs planning to Tank?

hf101

Apparently Plekanec has asked for a trade...  Or is this just the media stirring it up before the trade deadline?

as per twitter...

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

PLANNING to tank??

Isn't that what they've been doing the last two months already!?  :devil:

Good point, but I don't think this was intentional, but trading away a #1 center like Plekanec is.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

PLANNING to tank??

Isn't that what they've been doing the last two months already!?  :devil:

I can't believe they're gaining on us!  And what does it take to stay ahead of Buffalo and Columbus? Holy geez!  

By "ahead" I mean in the draft lottery...  ;)

10 hours ago, hf101 said:

Apparently Plekanec has asked for a trade...  Or is this just the media stirring it up before the trade deadline?

as per twitter...

@NicSoulellis
So Plekanec has asked for a trade out of Montreal, per @919sport

Oh look. Therrien is still not fired.

Christ almighty, how often will the french Canadian coach play favorites with the french Canadian Center? Desharnais is a 3rd line C who can play 2nd in a pinch. but Therrien plays favorites with him like nobody else on the team. Even Habs fans say "PLAY HIM AS A 3RD LINE C YOU IDIOT"

Apparently Therrien thinks DD is "Davey franchise". 1st PP time all year with nothing to show for it.

Hilarious that Bergevin is demanding Galchenyuk be given C time all summer and the coach is blatantly ignoring him.

For a good time, go to the pregame thread the habs fans have going on hfboards for the flyers/habs game hahaha

They are imploding.

D.Weise is a perfect 3rd/4rth liner...

and fire D.D off to the moon. I am tired of seeing this midget being hailed as ''gars de chez nous'' ''he has had it hard'' I do not give a ****. Waive him. ( I know DD is a perfect 3rd liner, but...) what the **** is wrong with our media to never criticize this under-sized 1st liner who CLEARLY leeched off Pacioretty and always has had shelled minutes,,,???

Why not Galchenyuk and Gallagher and Pacioretty on the first line? Is there too much logic in putting these three together? Are they getting 10 million bucks from tourism Quebec for keeping DD relevant? There has to be something we do not know.

This is the kind of decision that ALL the NHL look at and says: Man, i don't wanna play for that coach.

All those years, hearing that Therrien was a "fair coach"...that players "must" earn their ice-time.
And i'm hearing that it's not Therrien's fault, he's doing the best he can with what we have.
Changing coach wouldn't change anything.....all crap and a bunch of lies.

I want Desharnais gone...I wanted him gone for 2 years because of the blatant favoritism towards him.
It hurt the teams at every turn, every playoffs sine Therrien is here.

I never EVER saw such favoritism toward such a bad player in my life.

if I were Plekanec, i would want out too

subban is laughing at you therrien, not with you in that video

@J0e Th0rnton

LOL ... good stuff there.  I find it simply amazing how this team started out with an insane win streak and started the season 13-3 after 16 games and after 2 months (25 games) they were 18-7.  Then the wheels came off the bus once Price went down with an injury.  They simply have never recovered after that and as the old saying goes, I believe Therrien has lost the locker room and this team.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I tried feeling sorry for the Habs and I just can't do it.:ph34r:

I must say, though that I do want them to squeek into the playoffs and lose in 4 games. That way they don't get a lottery pick either. So let's pick it up a little Habs! :P

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I tried feeling sorry for the Habs and I just can't do it.:ph34r:

I must say, though that I do want them to squeek into the playoffs and lose in 4 games. That way they don't get a lottery pick either. So let's pick it up a little Habs! :P

The Habs season explained:

The Leafs loaned their 18-wheeler to the Habs this season because the Leafs wanted to try a new strategy: begin the season at the bottom of a ravene and then start digging! The Habs (appreciative of the gift) began their ascent up the side of "standings mountain". Of course the 18-wheeler (as if it had a mind of its own) suddenly pulled hard right, went over the guardrail, and plummeted off the side of the cliff (as the Leafs knew it would). The end.  :biggrin:

And the biggest punchline here?

How SOOOO many people early in the season were ready to anoint the Canadiens as Stanley Cup Finalists.

I will admit to being impressed by their start and being concerned that the Bolts may not be able to catch them for the division AND the fact that Carey Price was playing like the Vezina candidate he is, but honestly, I always thought the rest of the team were playing well above their heads (particularly on offense), and the law of averages would simply catch up with these guys.

What I DIDN'T anticipate, was this team totally falling completely off the competitive cliff!

I can understand being handicapped not having your number one goalie, but cmon.....it's a huge deal not having Price, but in watching this team play, it is pretty obvious there are much deeper issues going on with this team.

Now we hear that Plekanec wants out?

Hmmm....why would a pretty good scoring forward want out from a team that was supposed to be going to the Finals, and who is just a Carey Price away from getting back on track.

Oh that's right.....because there are apparently some team issues (whether they are coach related or not....I have no clue at this point)....and oh by the way, Carey Price doesn't look like he will be back anytime soon either.

Not long ago, Mike Cammaleri had issues with the Habs and he got shipped out, now Plekanec. Wow.

If coaching really is the issue, how much longer before other players want out too?  Gallagher, Galchenyuk.....PK Subban himself??

Taking nothing away from the Habs' brilliant start, but again, many of those players were playing well above their norms. Scoring has been and continues to be an issue.....cept nowadays, they don't have the elite goaltending and their defense and special teams are suffering as well.

Add all that stuff up, and you have a team that is not that much better than the Buffalo Sabres in the standings. Yea, think about THAT one for a bit.......

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

The effort is not there. They looked like the Leafs last night.  SHAME!

:biggrin:

They're gaining ground on us!!! We gotta start putting together more L's. Montreal is only 7 points back of us and they've got 3 games in hand! :cry:

I've never felt sorry for any trouble in Habs land. Not for the fans or anybody else. Not after the sheer amount we've had to hear about them in this country for decade after decade, and not after the help they were given to get there. Not once will I feel bad.

7 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I've never felt sorry for any trouble in Habs land. Not for the fans or anybody else. Not after the sheer amount we've had to hear about them in this country for decade after decade, and not after the help they were given to get there. Not once will I feel bad.

If the Habs win the draft lottery I'm going to be pissed.  :mad:

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

Pray for CAREY!!!!! :w00t:

I hope he gets traded to Edmonton. No one player should have to carry an entire franchise on their back. The Montreal Canadiens will leech off Price for the rest of his career if he stays there. History has shown that there's no help coming for him in Montreal. :ermm:

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

History has shown? Is there a team in the league with more Hall of Famers?

Recent history has shown.  :biggrin:

I realize that the Habs (much like the Leafs) have an amazing history of success... if you delve back far enough into the past. However, (much like an employer) I don't give a franchise credit for any success that I haven't been witness to. (It's a policy that I adopt with all pro sports teams.) :P

As far as I'm concerned, the Leafs have 0 Stanley Cups. I've never seen them win one, and anything they won before I was alive doesn't matter to me. It still counts of course (in terms of the history books), but they don't count to me. The Canadiens are in a similar position. The team I see is not a legendary hockey team. I didn't grow up watching a Montreal team full of future Hall of Famers. They've had Patrick Roy, maybe Vincent Damphousse, and I struggle to name anyone else. Pierre Turgeon? Kirk Muller? Saku Koivu? How many big names have worn that Habs uniform in my lifetime? Hmmmm...... not that many. What kind of success have they had recently? They last won a Cup in 1993. My memory of 1993 is getting kind of foggy. That was ages ago. If I'm not mistaken, that team wasn't even a good team. They won because Roy carried them on his shoulders. Sound familiar? I'm trying to remember the last time the Canadiens had a team that scared anyone... and I can't. They have never been anything more than a middle of the pack Eastern Conference team that can only win a Cup by blind squirrel luck. At least in my lifetime anyway. I talk too much! :)

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I realize that the Habs (much like the Leafs) have an amazing history of success... if you delve back far enough into the past. However, (much like an employer) I don't give a franchise credit for any success that I haven't been witness to. (It's a policy that I adopt with all pro sports teams.) :P

As far as I'm concerned, the Leafs have 0 Stanley Cups. I've never seen them win one, and anything they won before I was alive doesn't matter to me. It still counts of course (in terms of the history books), but they don't count to me. The Canadiens are in a similar position. The team I see is not a legendary hockey team. I didn't grow up watching a Montreal team full of future Hall of Famers. They've had Patrick Roy, maybe Vincent Damphousse, and I struggle to name anyone else. Pierre Turgeon? Kirk Muller? Saku Koivu? How many big names have worn that Habs uniform in my lifetime? Hmmmm...... not that many. What kind of success have they had recently? They last won a Cup in 1993. My memory of 1993 is getting kind of foggy. That was ages ago. If I'm not mistaken, that team wasn't even a good team. They won because Roy carried them on his shoulders. Sound familiar? I'm trying to remember the last time the Canadiens had a team that scared anyone... and I can't. They have never been anything more than a middle of the pack Eastern Conference team that can only win a Cup by blind squirrel luck. At least in my lifetime anyway. I talk too much! :)

This I agree with 110%!!!

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Not to mention the fact that their dominance of the 1970s came courtesy of the NHL Board of Governors allowing them to write the expansion rules to suit themselves.

Archived