Game #56 - Flyers at Devils - Feb 16 2016 - 7:00 ET

OccamsRazor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

And the Cousins...from White and yes....RJ....By the way, Cousins can skate and moves well.  

Howie

I wonder if when Coots is healthy will Cousins force Laughton to the Phantoms?

Nice Jake scores while i was typing this! 5-2!

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:
10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I missed the Gudas hit and ejection....so was that a reputation call by the refs or was it that bad?? I haven't seen it yet. 

I missed the Gudas hit and ejection....so was that a reputation call by the refs or was it that bad?? I haven't seen it yet. 

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/radko-gudas-with-one-of-those-hits?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Scroll up.  It is posted about 4 times in this thread.  I agree with Rod on this one.  BS call.  Farnham is looking for Gudas and skated directly into him.  Granted, Gudas didn't do anything to avoid the contact but no way was it a head shot nor should it have been a match penalty.  Farnham should get fined for that!

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And here is the call on Blandisi.........That is a fine worthy dive.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/02/16/video-a-perfect-10-devils-blandisi-called-for-embellishment/

Wow, a devil's game that was fun to watch.?.  Good PK, boat anchors RJU and AMAC had positive impacts, & B schenn is lookin consistent (did I really just type all that?)

In other news, Gudas puts himself in position to garner another rep call, and the refs we putrid...

Long live the streak!

This was an "eruption" that was unexpected.  I think Neuvy is the unsung hero...kept us in the game when we were being overrun.  Ghost is pretty amazing...even the Devils announcers were impressed. I am not counting chickens....let's see what happens next game.  We play well at the Rock.  

The thing is, I wouldn't mind Gudas so much if he could actually play the position that he was assigned. However, he is not that good at the first pass out of the zone and usually (from my eye test) gets turned out in his own zone because he is trying to make a highlight reel hit. Worst off, the puck could be the size of a manhole cover and he'd wiff on it. In other words, the brain hands are not connected to the eye hands. 

Here's the other thing, the hits are not only idiotic, but they are dirty. It's one thing to hit hard and play with passion, and then it's a totally different animal when you try taking head shots and knee clips. I think we can all agree with almost certainty that this is not a playoff team, but to take a five minute major to the stingiest team in the NHL is just flat out bench worthy. 

In my opinion, his days are numbered if they sniff a playoff spot. You cannot coach out stupidity...... sadly. 

Other than that, they managed to pull one out and steal two points; which is dandy, but they took advantage of the opportunities that they had because the way I saw it, they were severely out played for the majority of the 60 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Bertmega said:

The thing is, I wouldn't mind Gudas so much if he could actually play the position that he was assigned. However, he is not that good at the first pass out of the zone and usually (from my eye test) gets turned out in his own zone because he is trying to make a highlight reel hit. Worst off, the puck could be the size of a manhole cover and he'd wiff on it. In other words, the brain hands are not connected to the eye hands. 

Here's the other thing, the hits are not only idiotic, but they are dirty. It's one thing to hit hard and play with passion, and then it's a totally different animal when you try taking head shots and knee clips. I think we can all agree with almost certainty that this is not a playoff team, but to take a five minute major to the stingiest team in the NHL is just flat out bench worthy. 

In my opinion, his days are numbered if they sniff a playoff spot. You cannot coach out stupidity...... sadly. 

Other than that, they managed to pull one out and steal two points; which is dandy, but they took advantage of the opportunities that they had because the way I saw it, they were severely out played for the majority of the 60 minutes. 

could not agree more Bert...

Gudas defenders will point to the Farnham-flop and use that as the justification.  The real issue here is the constant stupidity that Gudas seems to think is normal during the course of play.   This is another hit that really had no worth in the game.  Gudas was pulled aside by the Head Coach and the GM for his bonehead decisions and then he puts himself in another stupid position.  This team is battling for a playoff spot and you can ill-afford to put your team a man down on defense.

as you say... you can't coach out stupidity.  Look at where the puck was at the time of the hit - it was in the other freaking zone.  Stupid play all around.

@murraycraven

Another fine example was last week against Buffalo with four minutes left in a 5-1 game, Gudas goes head hunting on Foligno for no apparent reason. 

I like grit and toughness, but hate the dirty stuff. There is no room for it in today's NHL. 

Honestly, I don't think it's a 5-min major penalty or suspension worthy.  Wasn't a blindside hit as Farnham saw him coming.  Gudas just didn't change his path and intentionally ran into him.  If Farnham doesn't drop to the ice and stay down, play continues with no penalty called.

Having said that, I hope Gudas gets a suspension & it forces the Flyers to call up a Morin, Hagg or Alt.  Also hoping losing Gudas would push MacDonald off of Ghost's line.

36 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

@murraycraven

Another fine example was last week against Buffalo with four minutes left in a 5-1 game, Gudas goes head hunting on Foligno for no apparent reason. 

I like grit and toughness, but hate the dirty stuff. There is no room for it in today's NHL. 

that is how I feel as well...  I like Gudas for what he is but the decision making is just terrible.  Constantly putting the team in a bad position. 

15 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

Honestly, I don't think it's a 5-min major penalty or suspension worthy.  Wasn't a blindside hit as Farnham saw him coming.  Gudas just didn't change his path and intentionally ran into him.  If Farnham doesn't drop to the ice and stay down, play continues with no penalty called.

Having said that, I hope Gudas gets a suspension & it forces the Flyers to call up a Morin, Hagg or Alt.  Also hoping losing Gudas would push MacDonald off of Ghost's line.

In my opinion it should have been a 2 minute interference BUT there was no reason to make that play.  None whatsoever... puck was nowhere near the play and just another dumb penalty...

33 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

Gudas just didn't change his path and intentionally ran into him.

Gudas had as much right to that piece of ice as Farnham did. Just watch his(Gudas) skates and legs as they collide. There are many times that Gudas is responsible for stupid hits but this was not one of them. This was Blandisi level embellishment on Farnham's part.

1 hour ago, eleven24 said:

I agree...

gudasdumb

...it looked to the shoulder....and interfernce call no more. I also agree with other saying he just isn't that good of a defenseman when he isn't blowing someone up and still it would be nice if he could at least do it more cleanly. He may be resigned but it should without doubt be for a 6th 7th spot at best.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

gudasdumb

Given what everyone has noticed about the puck - that it's no where near the play at that point - what, exactly, is Farnham doing if not interfering with Schultz in this situation?

As far as the call - there was no head contact, it was a shoulder-to-chest hit and, if anything, Farnham embellishes with his pirouette.

Gudas does need to understand he has a target on his back from the refs. He's not going to get the "benefit of the doubt" - ever.

And while I don't particularly care if he's on the Flyers or not, I expect that, as a RFA, he will be retained for next season.

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Farnham doing if not interfering with Schultz in this situation?

Duh? Great question and you know i wasn't even watching that....just looking at the hit in question....i wasn't watching the game at the time.....so let me guess no call at all on MC Flopper....right? Imagine that the Flyers getting hosed by the refs....it's like the non match penalty call on Mcglassjaw because he got hurt/flopped...

Archived