Kovalchuk is as Kovalchuk does..

flyercanuck

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Apparently "captain" Kovy was sent home by his team, by 12 hour train ride, during the playoffs!

http://www.championat.com/hockey/news-2387609-ilja-kovalchuk-pokinul-raspolozhenie-ska.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social

Giroux is suk.

Well, he certainly doesn't help disprove the typical russian hockey player stereotype..

It is all part of Kovalchuk's master plan to get back in the NHL.  :devil:    :money:

Apparently there is a loophole that states that Kovalchuk doesn't need 30 teams to approve his return to the NHL.  He needs 30 teams to instate him that if he wanted to be a free agent.  But he can return tot he Devils as he has been retired from the game over a year.  Kovy could join the Devils this season for a playoff run...

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/24/ilya-kovalchuk-return-to-nhl-new-jersey-devils-bylaw-loophole

If I'm the Devils the first guy I want on my team is the guy who signed a ridiculous contract then decided to go for even more money elsewhere...and costing them 20 spots in the 1st round of the draft as a penalty for trying to circumvent the cap with his original stupid contract.

So rumor is he would come back with the Devils or Leafs in time for the playoffs...so here is the problem if he was wanting to play for the Leafs there would be no playoffs...doesn't make sense.

Besides would his huge contract come back into effect???

On 2/23/2016 at 6:53 AM, hf101 said:

It is all part of Kovalchuk's master plan to get back in the NHL.  :devil:    :money:

Apparently there is a loophole that states that Kovalchuk doesn't need 30 teams to approve his return to the NHL.  He needs 30 teams to instate him that if he wanted to be a free agent.  But he can return tot he Devils as he has been retired from the game over a year.  Kovy could join the Devils this season for a playoff run...

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/24/ilya-kovalchuk-return-to-nhl-new-jersey-devils-bylaw-loophole

I still thought he had to go through waivers no matter contract or not to return?

9 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

? What? lmao, he is still an incredible player, he would make for a adequate first liner.

He is going to want a boatload of money, is a "Me first" player and just got benched for a playoff game in the KHL for lack of effort lol.

He is a huge buyer beware because he might get disillusioned and bolt back to the KHL at any minute.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Kovalchuk has told SKA that if he's not on roster in two days time he's terminating his contract and heading to North America

LMAO! What a douchebag this guy is...

And the sad thing is some team will take a shot at him, only for him to pull this crap in the NHL again if he doesn't get his way.

On 2/25/2016 at 3:42 PM, AJgoal said:

And the sad thing is some team will take a shot at him, only for him to pull this crap in the NHL again if he doesn't get his way.

Yeah, like the Capitals trading to the Devils for the Kovalchuk's rights... :crazysmile:  

On 2/23/2016 at 8:08 AM, flyercanuck said:

If I'm the Devils the first guy I want on my team is the guy who signed a ridiculous contract then decided to go for even more money elsewhere...and costing them 20 spots in the 1st round of the draft as a penalty for trying to circumvent the cap with his original stupid contract.

To be fair, the Devils owner at the time

pushed Lou to sign him. They came up with the ridiculous contract. Kovalchuk just signed it. So really, it's not his fault they got punished for it. It is his fault for walking out on his contract. But at the same time, that contract become toxic when the league came up with the cap recapture BS. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Devils suddenly had new owners after that contract was voided. So, long term, Kovalchuk leaving was probably better for the Devils.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived