Reaves hit on Tennyson: How many games will this suspension be?

J0e Th0rnton

How many games does Reaves get hit on Tennyson?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many games does Reaves get suspended?

20 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Reeves was fined last year but I don't believe he has ever been suspended before.  If he has, I can't find it.  I think he will get 3 games.

He was fined for Butt ending Kopitar in the face as I recall

All around bad hit by Reaves and deserves at least 5 games for it. That said, players(in this case Tennyson) absolutely need to stop using the boards as a cop out to avoid a hit. I would bet Reaves was expecting Tennyson to turn as he played the puck, left or right, which would have made this just a normal hockey play.

5 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

That said, players(in this case Tennyson) absolutely need to stop using the boards as a cop out to avoid a hit.

No that is not the case here.  Tennyson goes to the boards to play the puck and shouldn't have to expect that he will be boarded.  Reaves needs to make a play at the puck which he didn't so.  This is clear boarding and clearly Tennyson's head is targeted.   Dirty play.

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

This is clear boarding and clearly Tennyson's head is targeted.   Dirty play.

His head was hit but I don't think Reaves was targeting anything in particular, he was finishing the check on the guy who was playing the puck. His head was hit, it was boarding, and it is and should be a suspension worthy offense.

3 games is all I think he should get-max. Hard hit but Tennyson was in a strange position and Reaves was a missile with no navigational equipemnt aboard who does not possess the skill to turn.

How to punish the Blues for this? Make them play Reaves 20 minutes a night minimum for the next three games.

Archived