TMac's claws came out in this interview

J0e Th0rnton

There are some Oilers fans who were becoming convinced that McLellan has given so many minutes to Schultz because of a belief in him. On the one hand, it's nice to see that McLellan knows that Schultz is a poor player, but also awful to see that management would give minutes to Schultz in an attempt to trade him, even if it costs them a chance to win games.

I'd rather waive him than do that. They've lost too much already, and need to come out of the wilderness.

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

For the first time in decades, I think I can say there is a franchise in the NHL that is worse than the Leafs. And we're trying to be 30th.....:mad:

Disgusting....

It's sort of like what happened to the Islanders -- until recently when they got good. Of course, the damage to the franchise had already been done. Even today when I look at the standings and see the Islanders in a playoff spot, it doesn't feel right to me. :ermm:

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

There are some Oilers fans who were becoming convinced that McLellan has given so many minutes to Schultz because of a belief in him. On the one hand, it's nice to see that McLellan knows that Schultz is a poor player, but also awful to see that management would give minutes to Schultz in an attempt to trade him, even if it costs them a chance to win games.

I'd rather waive him than do that. They've lost too much already, and need to come out of the wilderness.

I agree. Showcasing him 20+ minutes a night is hurting his value more than helping lol.

49 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I agree. Showcasing him 20+ minutes a night is hurting his value more than helping lol.

This season wasn't about winning, and it was obvious when the buyout window closed, and they didn't take the chance to move out players Nikita Nikitin and Andrew Ference. It's painful, but the new GM deserves a chance to assess what he has, and that's been difficult when they haven't had a healthy lineup for even one single game. But still... playing Schultz as much as they have, in an attempt to move him out, is killing the coach and players.

I didn't see nearly as many Todd McLellan post-game interviews when he was in San Jose, but I don't recall him seeming quite so exasperated or as furious at anybody there as he is with Justin Schultz.

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

This season wasn't about winning, and it was obvious when the buyout window closed, and they didn't take the chance to move out players Nikita Nikitin and Andrew Ference. It's painful, but the new GM deserves a chance to assess what he has, and that's been difficult when they haven't had a healthy lineup for even one single game. But still... playing Schultz as much as they have, in an attempt to move him out, is killing the coach and players.

I didn't see nearly as many Todd McLellan post-game interviews when he was in San Jose, but I don't recall him seeming quite so exasperated or as furious at anybody there as he is with Justin Schultz.

I have NEVER seen an interview like that with Todd before.

He flat out said they need to get rid of some people lol. He never EVER seemed this annoyed with effort from guys in SJ even after the reverse sweep

Archived