Ontario Reign

notfondajane

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:33 AM, notfondajane said:

I know this question is stupid, but is it Ontario California or the Province of Ontario?

California, the reason the Kings moved there is the Western Conference teams have decided (rightly, IMHO) to move their farm clubs closer to home. For instance, the Sharks moved their affiliate into their own back yard, to San Jose as the Barracuda. It makes sense to me to have your top farm club within striking distance if you have an injury. I often wondered why Colorado was affiliated with Lake Erie instead of Columbus, now that has been corrected. The geography just makes sense.

15 hours ago, yave1964 said:

California, the reason the Kings moved there is the Western Conference teams have decided (rightly, IMHO) to move their farm clubs closer to home. For instance, the Sharks moved their affiliate into their own back yard, to San Jose as the Barracuda. It makes sense to me to have your top farm club within striking distance if you have an injury. I often wondered why Colorado was affiliated with Lake Erie instead of Columbus, now that has been corrected. The geography just makes sense.

With the San Jose situation, it may hurt attendance later. Once the A.H.L. players make the transition to the N.H.L. people would be paying more to see the same players they paid at a cheaper price!

Archived