Drouin returns

I don't think there will be any problem with his teammates. It is fairly well known that his 'issue' is with management - mostly coaching I think.

Gotta be gut check time for him though....

4 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

I don't think there will be any problem with his teammates. It is fairly well known that his 'issue' is with management - mostly coaching I think.

Gotta be gut check time for him though....

While I agree with this post, I also have to wonder that if and WHEN Drouin screws up on the ice while playing for the Crunch, if his more veteran teammates (Mike Angelidis, a no-nonsense type individual is captain there) would give him just a bit more crap over it than normal.

Not suggesting things will get out of hand, but sort of help "educate" Drouin in a way that sort of lets him know, "Hey, if you had been playing and developing instead of pouting and sitting at home, you'd be a much better professional by now."

Bottom line here though:

I am glad Drouin came to his senses, swallowed his pride a bit, and did what was right, not so much for the Lightning organization, but for his OWN career.

His holdout certainly hurt both he and the parent Bolts club, but in the grand scheme, the Bolts would have survived without him....but this silly holdout was putting a MAJOR damper on his career and reputation.

I am willing to bet that Steve Yzerman STILL won't be pushed into a deal he doesn't want to make, but is sure would make his job of trading Drouin much easier if the 20 yr old is actually playing.

Also, because crazier things in the NHL have happened, maybe Drouin decides to reign back his trade wishes, do what he needs to in the minors, then come up at some point next year and be a real key part of the Lightning club.

Differences aside, I would think a team like the Bolts who are poised to win now and for the next few years would be attractive to any young up n coming player.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Did his holdout hurt the Bolts? Didn't they go on a streak? 

Not talking about on ice performance....I already stated the Bolts would survive without him.

But his holdout certainly put a damper on his value in a trade.

I am willing to bet that if Drouin would have just reported to the AHL, shown his worth while playing for the Crunch, while still sticking to his desire to be traded, that Yzerman would have had an easier time finding a trade partner, at that point, willing to trade with a premium prospect themselves, in order to acquire him.

Drouin's NHL experience and savvy are not too much more developed now than they were during the playoffs last season, so the Bolts immediate success wasn't dependent on Drouin doing well now, but rather down the road.

And if it was a trade he wanted, and if it was a premium prospect for premium prospect Yzerman was looking to land, then in that respect, yes, Drouin hurt the Bolts.

Good Move.... time will heal all if he can perform at a decent level.   5 years from now, this whole episode can be old news if he focuses on hockey and just plays well.  It's time for a new agent though imo.

14 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Good Move.... time will heal all if he can perform at a decent level.   5 years from now, this whole episode can be old news if he focuses on hockey and just plays well.  It's time for a new agent though imo.

Esposito said his agent tried to talk him out of sitting, but his parents insisted.

Another case of parents sticking their noses where they don't belong.

8 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Esposito said his agent tried to talk him out of sitting, but his parents insisted.

Another case of parents sticking their noses where they don't belong.

Bonnie and Carl Drouin?

Archived